Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

crossbow guys n gals

 
Old 01-26-2015, 08:46 PM
  #1  
tomsws6
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
tomsws6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2008
Location: dover Delaware
Posts: 1,066
Likes: 0
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crossbow guys n gals

Ok, to make a long story short I bought a brand new Barnett Jackal as my first crossbow last month. The first bolt shot through it destroyed the cams, cam bolts and limbs. I called Barnett and they told me to send the limb assembly back to them. I received a package in the mail today from Barnett with a new limb assembly in it.. The problem is, its not to a jackal... Its to a brotherhood. According to there website the brotherhood is an upgrade from the Jackal. The packing slip has my info on it. When I searched the net about issues, my issue came up pretty frequently. So I first assumed that it is a direct replacement for my limb assembly. Can I use this limb assembly from the brotherhood on my jackal or did they just send me the wrong assembly?

http://www.barnettcrossbows.com/prod...re/jackal-2013

http://www.barnettcrossbows.com/prod...re/brotherhood

Last edited by tomsws6; 01-26-2015 at 08:55 PM.
tomsws6 is offline  
Old 01-26-2015, 09:36 PM
  #2  
Loby 1
CF Senior Member
 
Loby 1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2009
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 1,853
Likes: 0
Recieved 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=362

Bring this up in the crossbow section, they will have the answers.
Loby 1 is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 07:01 AM
  #3  
tomsws6
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
tomsws6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2008
Location: dover Delaware
Posts: 1,066
Likes: 0
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Loby 1 View Post
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=362

Bring this up in the crossbow section, they will have the answers.
Thanks!
tomsws6 is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 11:08 AM
  #4  
haljensen
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
haljensen's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 10,399
Likes: 0
Recieved 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

A friend bought a crossbow last year. He fired it to sight it in and got a phone call just as he cocked the crossbow. Took the call, had to leave right away so he just pulled the trigger without a bolt in the channel. Shattered the bow! Then he read the instructions that told him to ALWAYS have a bolt in the bow when he pulled the trigger.

The company gave him new bow limbs.
haljensen is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 11:24 AM
  #5  
Loby 1
CF Senior Member
 
Loby 1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2009
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 1,853
Likes: 0
Recieved 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by haljensen View Post
A friend bought a crossbow last year. He fired it to sight it in and got a phone call just as he cocked the crossbow. Took the call, had to leave right away so he just pulled the trigger without a bolt in the channel. Shattered the bow! Then he read the instructions that told him to ALWAYS have a bolt in the bow when he pulled the trigger.

The company gave him new bow limbs.
That is suppressing, usually a dry fire is not covered.
Loby 1 is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 01:39 PM
  #6  
tomsws6
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
tomsws6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2008
Location: dover Delaware
Posts: 1,066
Likes: 0
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Loby 1 View Post
That is suppressing, usually a dry fire is not covered.
They usually dont cover that. Mine did it on the first bolt shot through it.
tomsws6 is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 01:46 PM
  #7  
-=Iron Mike=-
CF Senior Member
 
-=Iron Mike=-'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2002
Location: Stratford Ontario
Posts: 16,013
Likes: 0
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I don't know squat about Barnett limbs but if you aren't already on ArcheryTalk, go there and ask in the crossbow section and you'll get your answer.
Or call Barnett back and ask.

Should have bought an Excalibur.
-=Iron Mike=- is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 02:10 PM
  #8  
CP
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2000
Location: Spring Texas
Posts: 19,730
Recieved 245 Likes on 146 Posts
Default

Don't they shoot arrows? What size is a "bolt"? 9/16""
CP is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 02:11 PM
  #9  
Loby 1
CF Senior Member
 
Loby 1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2009
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 1,853
Likes: 0
Recieved 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by -=Iron Mike=- View Post
I don't know squat about Barnett limbs but if you aren't already on ArcheryTalk, go there and ask in the crossbow section and you'll get your answer.
Or call Barnett back and ask.

Should have bought an Excalibur.
Excalibur, you say?

I have been looking at the Ibex.
Loby 1 is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: crossbow guys n gals


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: