Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Grasshopper Motor is Ruined Afterall

Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Grasshopper Motor is Ruined Afterall

 
Old 06-02-2015, 11:59 PM
  #141  
Calo69
CF Senior Member
 
Calo69's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Location: Long beach NY
Posts: 1,427
Liked 52 Times in 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16, '18
Default

Still whining about freakin lawnmower, get over it for chryst sake. You're starting to sound like you're wife may have a wife also.
Calo69 is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 12:45 AM
  #142  
SLO VETTE
CF Senior Member
 
SLO VETTE's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2001
Posts: 12,627
Liked 46 Times in 39 Posts
Default





Originally Posted by Calo69 View Post
Still whining about freakin lawnmower, get over it for chryst sake. You're starting to sound like you're wife may have a wife also.
SLO VETTE is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 12:53 AM
  #143  
Vetteman Jack
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Vetteman Jack's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2001
Location: Missouri. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Posts: 268,665
Liked 4,070 Times in 3,543 Posts
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Default

Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Not sure how that would cause the valve keeper to come off. I think you had a ticking time bomb and your wife was the unlucky person to be on the mower when it went off.
Sorry it happened, but not convinced your wife did anything wrong.
Vetteman Jack is online now  
Old 06-03-2015, 01:13 AM
  #144  
BOTYNV1
CF Senior Member
 
BOTYNV1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2006
Location: Title town, Champs live here.
Posts: 55,225
Liked 83 Times in 61 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Default

BOTYNV1 is online now  
Old 06-03-2015, 07:20 AM
  #145  
FLA-C3
CF Senior Member
 
FLA-C3's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2006
Location: West coast of the east coast Tampa Florida
Posts: 4,186
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Calo69 View Post
Still whining about freakin lawnmower, get over it for chryst sake. You're starting to sound like you're wife may have a wife also.



FLA-C3 is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 07:59 AM
  #146  
MYZ061080
CF Senior Member
 
MYZ061080's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Posts: 308
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Food for thought.....
You might call the mower and or the motor manufacture and explain the issue. I had an experience with an ATV that was out of warranty (by at least a year) called the company, they had one their dealers check it out and subsequently paid for the repairs. My point is sometimes companies have issues with products and they don't necessarily inform the service centers or the public and depending on the company they will make it right or at least discount some of the repairs. Being an internal engine issue, Unless the motor was ran without oil or coolant (if it's water cooled) I doubt that it was you or your wife's fault.
What do have to lose?
MYZ061080 is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 08:04 AM
  #147  
nfshotrod
CF Senior Member
 
nfshotrod's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,938
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Like multiple other people have said, there is no way your wife caused the mower to drop a valve. She just happened to be operating it while it happened. Give her a break and quit being a douche.
nfshotrod is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 08:39 AM
  #148  
wcsinx
CF Senior Member
 
wcsinx's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2002
Posts: 23,237
Liked 36 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
that's probably what happened ...
I think you might have just stolen PeterK's title as biggest mechanical retard on the forum. What "probably" happened is virtually impossible.

Trust me on this one. If there is a valve keeper in the combustion chamber, then that keeper is the least of your worries.
wcsinx is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 09:10 AM
  #149  
zsr22
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Posts: 27,855
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BCS Bet for St. Jude '09-'10-'11, '15
Default

Originally Posted by wcsinx View Post
I think you might have just stolen PeterK's title as biggest mechanical retard on the forum. What "probably" happened is virtually impossible.

Trust me on this one. If there is a valve keeper in the combustion chamber, then that keeper is the least of your worries.
Gixxer's mechanic knows he's an idiot and will believe anything. This thread is proof of that.
zsr22 is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 09:21 AM
  #150  
PeterK
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2000
Location: Ellicott city KarlK is my brother
Posts: 67,942
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12
2012 Election Contest Winner
Default

Just buy a new, aircooled 22 hp Kawasaki motor from ebay for half the price your dealer had quoted and put it on yourself takes a couple hours. It will last a lifetime with proper care.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-Vertical-22HP-726cc-V-TwinEngine-ES-15amp-1-1-8-x-4-5-16-FS651V-FS00-/380771608468?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58a7c1a794

Or you can get a cheap 27hp courage motor for under $800
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KOHLER-COURAGE-TWIN-CYLINDER-SV740-27HP-27-HP-MTD-OTHERS-RIDING-MOWER-ENGINE-/201071592226?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ed0cd0322
Hell, one can buy the entire used grasshoper for the price that dealer quoted for you
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/grd/5046760292.html

Last edited by PeterK; 06-03-2015 at 09:31 AM.
PeterK is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 09:22 AM
  #151  
gixxerbill
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Posts: 11,122
Liked 59 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by zsr22 View Post
Gixxer's mechanic knows he's an idiot and will believe anything. This thread is proof of that.
So someone that is not totally familiar with combustion engines are idiots. Are you serious? For someone to even think that is the idiot.
gixxerbill is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 09:31 AM
  #152  
gixxerbill
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Posts: 11,122
Liked 59 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MYZ061080 View Post
Food for thought.....
You might call the mower and or the motor manufacture and explain the issue. I had an experience with an ATV that was out of warranty (by at least a year) called the company, they had one their dealers check it out and subsequently paid for the repairs. My point is sometimes companies have issues with products and they don't necessarily inform the service centers or the public and depending on the company they will make it right or at least discount some of the repairs. Being an internal engine issue, Unless the motor was ran without oil or coolant (if it's water cooled) I doubt that it was you or your wife's fault.
What do have to lose?
Good post and I have already done that. Found out that Kohler increased the warranty to 3 years from the Grasshopper customer service rep at the factory. He said it was purchased 10/26/12 Now if I can just locate the receipt from my dad's scattered paperwork I am home free.

And btw I am not mad at my wife anymore. That first evening I was because I had horrible day at work and then when I got home I see she moved the mower even though she didn't even know how to lower the deck after I asked her not to (very politely I might ad). Then I lost my cool and got angry. Oh well shoot me for not being the most perfect level headed freak'n person in the world.
gixxerbill is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 09:34 AM
  #153  
gixxerbill
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Posts: 11,122
Liked 59 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Just buy a new, aircooled 22 hp Kawasaki motor from ebay for half the price your dealer had quoted and put it on yourself takes a couple hours. It will last a lifetime with proper care.
not bad prices might have to look into that if warranty doesn't work out.
gixxerbill is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 09:36 AM
  #154  
PeterK
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2000
Location: Ellicott city KarlK is my brother
Posts: 67,942
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12
2012 Election Contest Winner
Default

Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
not bad prices might have to look into that if warranty doesn't work out.
With the air cooled 22hp you may be a bit low on the power compared to the original model but it will last
PeterK is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 09:36 AM
  #155  
gs568
CF Senior Member
 
gs568's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2001
Location: 24 Willie Mays Plaza S.F. California
Posts: 44,535
Liked 35 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Did you post pics of busted mower???
gs568 is online now  
Old 06-03-2015, 09:50 AM
  #156  
gixxerbill
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Posts: 11,122
Liked 59 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gs568 View Post
Did you post pics of busted mower???
not the actual mower but it looks just like this except for different tires and ALOT newer.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/grd/5046760292.html
gixxerbill is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 09:52 AM
  #157  
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!
 
dvarapala's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 30,800
Liked 69 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by wcsinx View Post
I think you might have just stolen PeterK's title as biggest mechanical retard still on the forum.
Correction applied. Nothing will ever beat the guy with the pinched-shut brake lines...
dvarapala is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 09:55 AM
  #158  
PeterK
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2000
Location: Ellicott city KarlK is my brother
Posts: 67,942
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12
2012 Election Contest Winner
Default

Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
not the actual mower but it looks just like this except for different tires and ALOT newer.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/grd/5046760292.html
But that is like the lowest model. Good grasshoppers come with diesels

Last edited by PeterK; 06-03-2015 at 09:58 AM.
PeterK is offline  
Old 06-03-2015, 10:33 AM
  #159  
RUU
CF Senior Member
 
RUU's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2008
Location: Ottawa Ontario
Posts: 1,816
Liked 47 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
So someone that is not totally familiar with combustion engines are idiots. Are you serious?
On a car enthusiasts forum, yes. Maybe if you had posted to a knitting forum you would have garnered more sympathy...
RUU is online now  
Old 06-03-2015, 10:47 AM
  #160  
gixxerbill
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Posts: 11,122
Liked 59 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RUU View Post
On a car enthusiasts forum, yes. Maybe if you had posted to a knitting forum you would have garnered more sympathy...
I am not saying I am stupid I understand alot of motors I just haven't taken them apart and put them back together. And I am not posting on a tech subforum. And the other part of a car enthusiasts forum is driving that I think I can do pretty well and probably you because you are probably a garage queen which is pretty close to knitting as far as being gay.
gixxerbill is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Grasshopper Motor is Ruined Afterall


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: