Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Latest knife - Model 1 fighter SN002

Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Latest knife - Model 1 fighter SN002

Old 05-22-2018, 12:35 PM
lite blue
CF Senior Member

Location: I'm going to need a bucket of ice and a roll of gaffer tape
St. Jude Donor '12

Beautiful knife!
The scales, because of the smooth finish, look like molded plastic to me. Which doesn't help it look like the high end custom it is.
my 2
Old 05-22-2018, 12:53 PM
RMVette
CF Senior Member

Excellent work!
Old 05-23-2018, 11:10 AM
J S Machine
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
St. Jude Knife Maker

Thanks for the kind words folks.

Originally Posted by johnson333 View Post
Very nice. I am wondering if you make any type of Kitchen Cutlery? I am an Executive Chef and have a knife problem. (problem as in addicted to knives).

Its a shame I cannot come to that blade show.
I have one started but have not completed it yet. I have never messed with any of them, but I know there is a huge market out there for them so I will be experimenting with some in the future. I don't even have a decent knife in my own kitchen

Originally Posted by Markm10431 View Post
very nice.. about 4.5 inch blade?
Yes, 4.5" blade, about 10" overall.

Originally Posted by lite blue View Post
Beautiful knife!
The scales, because of the smooth finish, look like molded plastic to me. Which doesn't help it look like the high end custom it is.
my 2
I am not surprised somebody noticed this. I agree with your sentiments. I am not 100% crazy about the looks myself. Crazy thing about having anything CNC cut - which these handles are, is that it is very hard to make it not look that way. Very few things actually jive on a hand made knife that are CNC cut. my folders have a lot of CNC work in them. It works and it is more accepted there, bit not so much on a fixed blade.

One bridge I have not crossed yet with my own designs is 3D CNC work. Many makers do this specifically on handles, and some even machine blades. Pretty much all of my work is 2D, so I have no flowing 3D contours yet on any handles. I intend to do some designs like that going forward, simply because if I don't I will be left behind. I started using AutoCAD Fusion 360, which pretty much everybody has. I can do it there, I just haven't sat down long enough yet to figure it out.

Of course I can do them by hand and shape them on the grinder too, this CNC work is just a time saving means.

Last edited by J S Machine; 05-23-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Latest knife - Model 1 fighter SN002

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: