[NFL] Week 2...Are you ready for some football? - Page 8 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

[NFL] Week 2...Are you ready for some football?

Notices
Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

[NFL] Week 2...Are you ready for some football?

Old 09-18-2018, 06:00 PM
gixxerbill
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 001pewter View Post
It's entertainment, no different than watching a movie
I don't know 001pewter I have tried it. The only time I had any fun watching it was when I put money on it. Then I was involved. It meant something to me. But then it made me hate the players the coaches and the refs for screwign with my money. If I don't have money on it I just don't enjoy it that much. It's really a slow slow slow game. So much waiting for very little action. I would much rather watch extreme sports like motogp, formula 1, wakeboarding, surfing, motocross, etc.

I just don't understand why people care about the NFL. I mean there is no loyalty of the players or the coaches to their town. They could give a **** about the fans or the city they go whereever the mo money is. Now college or high school ball I could see some entertainment in that. But not city against city and spoiled rich unpatriotic bastards against other spoiled unpatriotic bastards.

To tell you the truth I wish the NFL would jsut go belly up and all the fans would pick their favorite college to root for and then the colleges could make the profit instead of some 50 rich azzhats. Then tuition could come down for students. I think its a great plan but for some reason people really care about watching a bunch of grown men chase a ball around every year. I just don't get it. I mean a movie has got a plot (sometimes even a good one ) Grown men playing a a kids game in tights eh not for me.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:07 PM
Der Flieger
CF Senior Member

If there was no NFL, the college players would be pansy-assed fairies, comparing hairdos 'n ****, with no incentive to crush some *********' skulls. Nothing there to aspire to. Food for thought.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:17 PM
gixxerbill
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Der Flieger View Post
If there was no NFL, the college players would be pansy-assed fairies, comparing hairdos 'n ****, with no incentive to crush some *********' skulls. Nothing there to aspire to. Food for thought.
no I got that figured out too. The ones that play the four years and give it all they got. Will get so many millions after they graduate. (within lets say 6 years and depending on degree). That way it gives them a free education (other than playing ball) and nice karat to start their life off with.

I'm tell you I think it could work. There is no reason for the NFL anymore they turned their back on their country and now the country should turn their back on them and put them in poor house. Give the money to college kids instead.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: