Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

What are you doing about telemarketing calls?

Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

What are you doing about telemarketing calls?

Old 10-17-2018, 09:06 AM
Tormania
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

If I don't recognize the number or isn't in my contact list it get's ignored / rejected. If they leave a msg 90% of the are still telemarketer crap, but every once in a while it is an actual person for a legit reason they called.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:58 AM
Humanoid 2.0
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by FourPennyDoug View Post

Yeah super easy except you didn't answer the two questions.
People come into see him at his businesses because he does not hide behind a lock gate during biz hours
Old 10-17-2018, 11:11 AM
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by K-Spaz View Post
I answered both questions. I told you I have a landline so if someone wants to get a hold of me for work, they can call me at work. Otherwise I don't need to talk to them. For the second question, see the answer to the first question. I don't deal with people I don't know. I don't deal with the general public. I have no desire to deal with the general public. And I do not use my cell phone for business.
Ok let me see if I have this straight. If I'm on your contact list, try to call your cell and you are unable to answer (a) you won't call back on my missed call and (b) if I want to communicate with you I have to call back (if I'm calling from land line).
Old 10-17-2018, 11:23 AM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

I believe in the Beer Fairy

Ok let me see if I have this straight. If I'm on your contact list, try to call your cell and you are unable to answer (a) you won't call back on my missed call and (b) if I want to communicate with you I have to call back (if I'm calling from land line).
No Doug, read the post again. I said to the OP that you can set DND to only allow calls from folks IN YOUR CONTACT LIST. So, if you're in the list, the phone rings.

Clearer?

PS. I don't deal with the general public at work, in fact I seldom deal with humans. Many customers have contract orders (scheduled) and I literally never speak to a human. Even yesterday and today, I'm dealing with a special circumstance for a customer. I have not spoken to anyone. PO came via email, correspondence has been via email, solution will be decided and shipment made. I will send a PRO# for the LTL shipment and that will be the end of the deal. Payment will be via wire transfer. See how easy that is. No fn cell phones...
Old 10-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Humanoid 2.0
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In VII Veteran

No Doug, read the post again. I said to the OP that you can set DND to only allow calls from folks IN YOUR CONTACT LIST. So, if you're in the list, the phone rings.

Clearer?

PS. I don't deal with the general public at work, in fact I seldom deal with humans. Many customers have contract orders (scheduled) and I literally never speak to a human. Even yesterday and today, I'm dealing with a special circumstance for a customer. I have not spoken to anyone. PO came via email, correspondence has been via email, solution will be decided and shipment made. I will send a PRO# for the LTL shipment and that will be the end of the deal. Payment will be via wire transfer. See how easy that is. No fn cell phones...
He wants to know what happens if you don't pick up the phone from people in your contact list.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:33 AM
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Humanoid 2.0 View Post
People come into see him at his businesses because he does not hide behind a lock gate during biz hours
Nice try but my phone service levels far exceed Spaz's. All my business calls forward to my cell and I actually let people verbally communicate with me if I can't pick up.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:39 AM
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Clearer?

I understand the phone will ring. So if you can't pick up and don't call back on missed calls it clearly sounds like I have to call you back if I want to communicate with you.

I had my voicemail deleted completely. I do not want messages, do not need messages. When a caller goes to VM for me, they get the "This user has a voicemail box that hasn't been set up". Translation, "f off ahole".
Old 10-17-2018, 11:41 AM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

He wants to know what happens if you don't pick up the phone from people in your contact list.
Did I say somewhere I didn't pick up the phone for people in my contact list?

So far today the phone has rung one time, a recording bs call about voting from NFIB.

My cell phone rang this am and it was the driver I mentioned above. He was stuck in NC and will not be here till 12 or 12:30.

My phone simply doesn't ring... Work or cell...

Just looked at my call history on my cell. I've had FIVE calls in October. One from that driver, (other call was on landline at work). One from a forum member I sent some food to. One from my HVAC guy Sunday night. One from a friend I helped out with some work related stuff (his work) and one from my brother. Wow, that's a busy phone eh?

All other calls were rejected spam Ie: numbers IDGAF about, so it didn't rind and went straight to VM (where there is no VM).
Old 10-17-2018, 11:41 AM
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

It's becoming clear now, translation "f off ahole" and whoever is on his contact list is the ahole who has to jump through hoops to communicate with him.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:43 AM
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

So that's your story, you're always available to pick up the phone for those in your contact list?
Old 10-17-2018, 11:44 AM
Humanoid 2.0
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In VII Veteran

It's becoming clear now, translation "f off ahole" and whoever is on his contact list is the ahole who has to jump through hoops to communicate with him.
No one calls him. My guess is he would look at the missed call and call the person back, if he ever missed a call.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:50 AM
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

No one calls him. My guess is he would look at the missed call and call the person back, if he ever missed a call.
I doubt that based on his posts here.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:00 PM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

So that's your story, you're always available to pick up the phone for those in your contact list?
Unless by some chance I legitimately didn't know the call came in, yes I answer it. My phone is generally close by. With exceptions like being on the roof and it was dangerous to let go of things and answer, yes, I'd wait a minute till I was on solid ground and call back.
I doubt that based on his posts here.
Here, it's real simple.
Person is in the contact list: phone rings and I answer it.
Person is not in the contact list: If I am aware the call is coming, I disable DND and the phone rings and I answer it. If I am not aware, the phone doesn't ring and they can go **** up a rope. No, I do not look at my history other than today for this thread. Idgaf about people I don't know calling me.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:17 PM
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Unless by some chance I legitimately didn't know the call came in, yes I answer it. My phone is generally close by. With exceptions like being on the roof and it was dangerous to let go of things and answer, yes, I'd wait a minute till I was on solid ground and call back.

Here, it's real simple.
Person is in the contact list: phone rings and I answer it.
Person is not in the contact list: If I am aware the call is coming, I disable DND and the phone rings and I answer it. If I am not aware, the phone doesn't ring and they can go **** up a rope. No, I do not look at my history other than today for this thread. Idgaf about people I don't know calling me.
Yep real simple because all these flow charts are much easier than just having your voicemail set up.

So far today the phone has rung one time, a recording bs call about voting from NFIB.

My cell phone rang this am and it was the driver I mentioned above. He was stuck in NC and will not be here till 12 or 12:30.

My phone simply doesn't ring... Work or cell...

Just looked at my call history on my cell. I've had FIVE calls in October. One from that driver, (other call was on landline at work). One from a forum member I sent some food to. One from my HVAC guy Sunday night. One from a friend I helped out with some work related stuff (his work) and one from my brother. Wow, that's a busy phone eh?

All other calls were rejected spam Ie: numbers IDGAF about, so it didn't rind and went straight to VM (where there is no VM).

Clearer?

my business has a landline phone.
none of my customers have my cell phone number.
I don't think any of my vendors have my cell phone number.
Associates are in my contact list so they will come through.
I don't have friends, they are overrated.

back when I was 8 they didn't have cell phones. I did just fine. I don't need to talk to people or be at their beck and call every moment. Often times if I know someone's going to call me who is not in my address book I will disabled my do not disturb. I have a truck arriving tomorrow morning somewhere between 4 a.m. and 5 a.m. at work. The driver contacted me today to say so. I put his number in my phone because it's possible he may need me for something, so I have that covered.

see how easy that was?
I answered both questions. I told you I have a landline so if someone wants to get a hold of me for work, they can call me at work. Otherwise I don't need to talk to them. For the second question, see the answer to the first question. I don't deal with people I don't know. I don't deal with the general public. I have no desire to deal with the general public. And I do not use my cell phone for business.
Under settings you can set up your do-not-disturb advanced options so that only numbers in your contact list come through.

You can also set it up so the second time that same number calls, (within some set time) it will ring through.

I had my voicemail deleted completely. I do not want messages, do not need messages. When a caller goes to VM for me, they get the "This user has a voicemail box that hasn't been set up". Translation, "f off ahole".

The above doesn't block texts, but I think you can make it do that also. I let them on, it's no big deal. That way when people I actually want to talk to get my VM, they can text me to say hey spazzy, answer the phone.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:19 PM
Humanoid 2.0
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In VII Veteran

FPD OCD investigations at it again
Old 10-17-2018, 12:20 PM
The JOe
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '10-'12

ive been getting tons of calls from delano, ca and i finally went off and thats not like me but ive had enough of their telemarketing crap
Old 10-17-2018, 12:22 PM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

Yep real simple because all these flow charts are much easier than just having your voicemail set up.
If I set up voicemail, then any time a telemarketer calls and a message is stored, I must PAY FOR CELL MINUTES and call VM to delete it. It may have escaped your notice, but I am frugal. I'm not paying $0.05 or $0.03 or whatever, to delete voicemails. Nor am I wasting my time screwing with it. I also don't like my cell screen cluttered with notifications, so I don't want that there either. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Some here say they don't answer numbers they don't recognize. I save myself that step of pulling my phone out by using the technology the way it was intended.

Last edited by K-Spaz; 10-17-2018 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:28 PM
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

If I set up voicemail, then any time a telemarketer calls and a message is stored, I must PAY FOR CELL MINUTES and call VM to delete it. It may have escaped your notice, but I am frugal. I'm not paying $0.05 or $0.03 or whatever, to delete voicemails. Not am I wasting my time screwing with it. I also don't like my cell screen cluttered with notifications, so I don't want that there either. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Some here say they don't answer numbers they don't recognize. I save myself that step of pulling my phone out by using the technology the way it was intended.
Spends thousands on non bent rims but worries about minutes lol
Old 10-17-2018, 12:42 PM
msandym
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Swany00 View Post
I don't answer it
Same here . Waste of time and energy to do anything else , they just donít stop . Supposed to get worse . Sometimes , we create our own stress .
Old 10-17-2018, 12:44 PM
Humanoid 2.0
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In VII Veteran

Spends thousands on non bent rims but worries about minutes lol
how do you think he has the money to buy non bent rims

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What are you doing about telemarketing calls?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: