Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Mega millions lottery jackpot now at 900 MILLION dollars!

Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Mega millions lottery jackpot now at 900 MILLION dollars!

 
Old 10-17-2018, 08:19 PM
  #41  
Docbrock
CF Senior Member
 
Docbrock's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 24,907
Liked 71 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ratflinger View Post
If I win I'm going to buy CF. I'll bring back the ******* page, Mods will have to start every post with the word '****' and VMJ will have to heap harshness on 3 people a week.

VJ will get to be laid by her choice of the membership, Gixxer will be made ban-proof, and AF2 will get a get out of jail free card.
War Eagle will need written permission from Neece before every post, Doug gets to bitch-slap any member he chooses, and Grumpy will have to have avatars of unhappy grandchildren.
Spaz will have to spend some money, people from Canada, well nevermind they already have enough issues, Steve will have to give ZoZick a one month pass.
Knooger gets to slip in someones back door.
That would be something to see.... hope you win.
Docbrock is offline  
Old 10-17-2018, 10:57 PM
  #42  
Vetteman Jack
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Vetteman Jack's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2001
Location: Missouri. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Posts: 268,721
Liked 4,076 Times in 3,549 Posts
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Default

Originally Posted by ratflinger View Post
If I win I'm going to buy CF. I'll bring back the ******* page, Mods will have to start every post with the word '****' and VMJ will have to heap harshness on 3 people a week.

VJ will get to be laid by her choice of the membership, Gixxer will be made ban-proof, and AF2 will get a get out of jail free card.
War Eagle will need written permission from Neece before every post, Doug gets to bitch-slap any member he chooses, and Grumpy will have to have avatars of unhappy grandchildren.
Spaz will have to spend some money, people from Canada, well nevermind they already have enough issues, Steve will have to give ZoZick a one month pass.
Knooger gets to slip in someones back door.
You've given this a lot of thought.

Bought one ticket for last night's drawing - won a whopping $2. So, I will be exchanging it for a ticket for Friday's drawing.
Vetteman Jack is online now  
Old 10-18-2018, 01:50 AM
  #43  
nist7
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jul 2006
Location: Honolulu HI
Posts: 130
Liked 21 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ratflinger View Post
If I win I'm going to buy CF.
This is actually very interesting....got me curious.

SO apparently CF is owned by a HUGE internet media company called Internet Brands....and the last time the company was sold....it was acquired for 1.1 BILLION dollars....back in 2014.

So looks like it's going to take a LOT of jackpots to actually acquire CF... or maybe if the owners are willing to sell a portion of it.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Brands
nist7 is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 08:36 AM
  #44  
Ragtop_Rob
CF Senior Member
 
Ragtop_Rob's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2003
Location: Freestate Corvette Club! Elkridge, MD
Posts: 14,640
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17
Default

When I win this thing, I will make a post on this forum. The first 10 people who reply I will buy them new Corvettes and I will donate $1,000,000 to St Judes.

You are welcome in advance.
Ragtop_Rob is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 09:10 AM
  #45  
snide
CF Senior Member
 
snide's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2000
Location: You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make him think. - snide The problem with the gene
Posts: 84,231
Liked 150 Times in 61 Posts
CI 4-5-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11
Default

Originally Posted by ratflinger View Post
If I win I'm going to buy CF. I'll bring back the ******* page, Mods will have to start every post with the word '****' and VMJ will have to heap harshness on 3 people a week.

VJ will get to be laid by her choice of the membership
Can we opt out?
Originally Posted by ratflinger View Post
Gixxer will be made ban-proof, and AF2 will get a get out of jail free card.
War Eagle will need written permission from Neece before every post, Doug gets to bitch-slap any member he chooses, and Grumpy will have to have avatars of unhappy grandchildren.
Spaz will have to spend some money, people from Canada, well nevermind they already have enough issues, Steve will have to give ZoZick a one month pass.
Originally Posted by ratflinger View Post
Knooger gets to slip in someones back door.
Can we opt out?

Last edited by snide; 10-18-2018 at 09:10 AM.
snide is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 09:46 AM
  #46  
Scoob
CF Senior Member
 
Scoob's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 1999
Location: Life's tough, wear a helmet.
Posts: 89,155
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ragtop_Rob View Post
When I win this thing, I will make a post on this forum. The first 10 people who reply I will buy them new Corvettes and I will donate $1,000,000 to St Judes.

You are welcome in advance.
What if I don't want a new Corvette? Would you buy me a nice C4?
Scoob is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 10:07 AM
  #47  
Ragtop_Rob
CF Senior Member
 
Ragtop_Rob's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2003
Location: Freestate Corvette Club! Elkridge, MD
Posts: 14,640
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17
Default

Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
What if I don't want a new Corvette? Would you buy me a nice C4?
ummm HELL YES, I will even pay to have it restored if you wish.
Ragtop_Rob is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 10:10 AM
  #48  
Scoob
CF Senior Member
 
Scoob's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 1999
Location: Life's tough, wear a helmet.
Posts: 89,155
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ragtop_Rob View Post
ummm HELL YES, I will even pay to have it restored if you wish.
Nice! Good luck!
Scoob is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 10:19 AM
  #49  
ratflinger
NCM Grand Opening Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!
 
ratflinger's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Obscurification is a practicable art!
Posts: 14,808
Liked 42 Times in 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '17
Default

Originally Posted by Ragtop_Rob View Post
When I win this thing, I will make a post on this forum. The first 10 people who reply I will buy them new Corvettes and I will donate $1,000,000 to St Judes.

You are welcome in advance.
That'll be harder to make top 10 than WOEII's TGIF threads
ratflinger is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 10:23 AM
  #50  
04 commemorative
CF Senior Member
 
04 commemorative's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2007
Location: Down the Shore New Jersey
Posts: 21,484
Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17
Default

Originally Posted by Ragtop_Rob View Post
When I win this thing, I will make a post on this forum. The first 10 people who reply I will buy them new Corvettes and I will donate $1,000,000 to St Judes.

You are welcome in advance.
Thank You .....If I don't win then I hope you do .......and maybe donate $5.00 to the Special Olympic Polar Plunge too....ok ?
Good Luck !
04 commemorative is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 11:07 AM
  #51  
gtredlt4
CF Senior Member
 
gtredlt4's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2017
Posts: 793
Likes: 0
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by H P Bushrod View Post
If I hit the lottery, I don't know what I'd do first. I'd probably give most of the money away to charities, family, and friends.
Wow what a good way to look at it. If I win I would help close family and charity but the first thing I would do is retire!!
gtredlt4 is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 11:45 AM
  #52  
my02cents
CF Senior Member
 
my02cents's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2002
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 6,360
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I rarely buy tickets, but I bought some yesterday. 2 for last nights drawing and 3 for tomorrows. Surprisingly, both my tickets won last night. $12 each. $6 turned into $24 dollars. I'll have to really sit down today and come up with a game plan on the tax implications and what exactly I want to do with it.
my02cents is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 11:47 AM
  #53  
Swany00
CF Senior Member
 
Swany00's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2005
Location: Sacramento Ca
Posts: 72,189
Likes: 0
Liked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by my02cents View Post
I rarely buy tickets, but I bought some yesterday. 2 for last nights drawing and 3 for tomorrows. Surprisingly, both my tickets won last night. $12 each. $6 turned into $24 dollars. I'll have to really sit down today and come up with a game plan on the tax implications and what exactly I want to do with it.
Take your time, strategize all potential outcomes then execute on a plan which will double your winnings. And for the love of God, do not spend it all in one place!!!
Swany00 is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 11:49 AM
  #54  
Scoob
CF Senior Member
 
Scoob's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 1999
Location: Life's tough, wear a helmet.
Posts: 89,155
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by my02cents View Post
I rarely buy tickets, but I bought some yesterday. 2 for last nights drawing and 3 for tomorrows. Surprisingly, both my tickets won last night. $12 each. $6 turned into $24 dollars. I'll have to really sit down today and come up with a game plan on the tax implications and what exactly I want to do with it.
You'll be broke in less than five years.
Scoob is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 11:51 AM
  #55  
my02cents
CF Senior Member
 
my02cents's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2002
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 6,360
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Swany00 View Post
Take your time, strategize all potential outcomes then execute on a plan which will double your winnings. And for the love of God, do not spend it all in one place!!!
Thanks for the tip. When I go to HEB later to cash it in, do I go when it's busy or when it's not busy? I don't want to get rolled on my way out. I'll probably ask for large bills so it's not as obvious. I don't want to be walking out with a fat stack of 24 singles.



my02cents is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 11:53 AM
  #56  
my02cents
CF Senior Member
 
my02cents's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2002
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 6,360
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
You'll be broke in less than five years.
Hahha, you know what. Just for ***** and giggles, I'll cash it and put it in my Schwab account and invest it in something. I'll screen shot it for fun. We will see who has the last laugh in 5 years.
my02cents is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 11:54 AM
  #57  
my02cents
CF Senior Member
 
my02cents's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2002
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 6,360
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Actually I'll use Robinhood so I don't have to pay the brokerage fees.
my02cents is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 11:54 AM
  #58  
Swany00
CF Senior Member
 
Swany00's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2005
Location: Sacramento Ca
Posts: 72,189
Likes: 0
Liked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by my02cents View Post
Thanks for the tip. When I go to HEB later to cash it in, do I go when it's busy or when it's not busy? I don't want to get rolled on my way out. I'll probably ask for large bills so it's not as obvious. I don't want to be walking out with a fat stack of 24 singles.
I would encourage you to bring a friend, maybe even two. Ask them to arrive a few minutes before you, so it isn't obvious. Let someone else know who is close to you, in the event one of the two friends decides to get their crazy on and rob you too. You can never be too careful when it comes to lottery winnings, it brings out the worst in folks, even those you thought were close to you. Good luck and make sure you report back after your successful cash in.
Swany00 is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 12:00 PM
  #59  
my02cents
CF Senior Member
 
my02cents's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2002
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 6,360
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Swany00 View Post
I would encourage you to bring a friend, maybe even two. Ask them to arrive a few minutes before you, so it isn't obvious. Let someone else know who is close to you, in the event one of the two friends decides to get their crazy on and rob you too. You can never be too careful when it comes to lottery winnings, it brings out the worst in folks, even those you thought were close to you. Good luck and make sure you report back after your successful cash in.
Thank you good sir, you really are a plethora of knowledge on this subject. I think you may of thought about this before! lol
my02cents is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 12:02 PM
  #60  
SoFloVette
CF Senior Member
 
SoFloVette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Posts: 315
Liked 79 Times in 51 Posts
Default

First thing I would do is change my number. Second, move into a gated community so I don't have any surprise visitors.
SoFloVette is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mega millions lottery jackpot now at 900 MILLION dollars!


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: