"[Patrick] Mahomes is Joe Montana"... - Page 7 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

"[Patrick] Mahomes is Joe Montana"...

Notices
Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

"[Patrick] Mahomes is Joe Montana"...

Old 12-12-2018, 09:28 PM
higgyburners
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I believe in the Beer Fairy
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Slo Yelo C5 View Post
Watching him yesterday...he's everything I claimed in here. A once in a century QB. He's virtually unstoppable. His best WR was injured, he faced blitzes like 50% of the time from the best D in the league...it still barely slowed him down. He's nearly matchup-proof.
All this is so laughable...your man crush on Mahomes is cute. Not only are you way to ******* early in this guys career to be comparing him to Joe Montana, It's to early to see how this guy is going to do in the NFL for numerous reasons. He is having a good time right now but lets see what time playing in the NFL does to his mind and body before we mention the great one's. He will be tested coming to the number one toughest stadium to play in the NFL on the 23rd lets see how he is under pressure against a great proven quarterback like Wilson. I get your enthusiasm for Mahomes but it's just to early to tell.

Old Yesterday, 12:19 AM
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Old Yesterday, 01:05 AM
Steve_R
Nuclear Dude
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 2,094 Times in 950 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Old Yesterday, 02:13 AM
anjdog2003
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'17

Originally Posted by Slo Yelo C5 View Post
The guy is virtually unstoppable. He's a once in 50 year QB.

Phillip Rivers 54,300 yards passing and 373 TDs thrown
Patrick Mahomes 4,500 yards passing and 45 TDs thrown.
/thread
Old Yesterday, 06:47 AM
Grzldvt1
CF Senior Member

The OP must have his nose up Mahome's a$$ to compare him with Montana or any other HOF Quarterback. Keep in mind every HOF quarterback had an incredible offensive line/receivers to help him be brilliant. KC is very borderline, "comparatively speaking".
I have watched Mahomes, and while he is good this year, bet your bottom $$$ he will be going the way of Kaepernick because he simply does not have the team around him like Montana and Brady, nor the overall skills. Even if he did I doubt he would come close over time.
I watched the Chargers versus KC tonight Mahome's did not nothing unique that Kaepernick did in his first two years. Then defenses got Kaepernick figured out and Harbaugh just did not have the brilliance like Bill Walsh to negate the defenses and make the offense successful. I doubt Andy Ried will ever be in the same category as Bill Walsh. Is he good yes, brilliant no way, same with Mohames good but I predict he will go the way of Kaepernick by 2020.
Old Yesterday, 07:02 AM
War Eagle ZO6
Loser Sr.

St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14, '16-'17

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1 View Post
The OP must have his nose up Mahome's a$$ to compare him with Montana or any other HOF Quarterback. Keep in mind every HOF quarterback had an incredible offensive line/receivers to help him be brilliant. KC is very borderline, "comparatively speaking".
I have watched Mahomes, and while he is good this year, bet your bottom $$$ he will be going the way of Kaepernick because he simply does not have the team around him like Montana and Brady, nor the overall skills. Even if he did I doubt he would come close over time.
I watched the Chargers versus KC tonight Mahome's did not nothing unique that Kaepernick did in his first two years. Then defenses got Kaepernick figured out and Harbaugh just did not have the brilliance like Bill Walsh to negate the defenses and make the offense successful. I doubt Andy Ried will ever be in the same category as Bill Walsh. Is he good yes, brilliant no way, same with Mohames good but I predict he will go the way of Kaepernick by 2020.
you predict he will kneel for the Anthem and get blackballed from the NFL?
How much are we betting??

I know Phillip Rivers folks pretty well. Steve used to run the pool at our country club and was an assistant coach at my high school. His mom Joan was a life guard at the club and they were dating. She was super hot and drove a orange C3 Vette at the time....she drove us all wild.
Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM
dyeggy
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12, '14-'17

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1 View Post
Mahomes is way different than CK. If CK's first read was not open he would take off and run. Mahomes can go through the progressions to his 2nd, 3rd, 4th option then as a last option he can run.
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by higgyburners View Post
This looks fake. Why are they holding a finish line tape for only two lanes?

Last edited by FourPennyDoug; Yesterday at 09:09 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM
Steve_R
Nuclear Dude
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 2,094 Times in 950 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by FourPennyDoug View Post
This looks fake. Why are they holding a finish line tape for only two lanes?

Old Today, 06:36 AM
Grzldvt1
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by War Eagle ZO6 View Post

you predict he will kneel for the Anthem and get blackballed from the NFL?
How much are we betting??

I am totally wasting my time with this response, BUT reading and comprehension are definitely not your strong suit. Where did I say anything about kneeling.. It was a skill to skill comparison, which you simply did not comprehend. Thanks for playing : If Mahones in 3 years is still awesome he may be on his way to a Montana like comparison, but his skills are just too close to CK

Last edited by Grzldvt1; Today at 06:37 AM.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: