Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

iRacing Corvette Forum series - iRCFS season 20

Notices
Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

iRacing Corvette Forum series - iRCFS season 20

Old 12-16-2018, 08:59 AM
wvmgnut
CF Senior Member

Ran a bit of a test yesterday. Started the sim st about 3 pm. Ran my setup and 2 from Rail, the first and the third. Track temp started at 88 and I ran a 42.6 bit overcast. It cleared off during the run and jumped to 103 and I lost a second a lap. That answered that question about cloud cover affecting the track temps. I couldnít get out of the 44.2 range with Railís 3rd set which was faster to me. So about .6 difference.

Left the computer on so time would pass and keep as much of the track conditions the same as possible. Track temp had dropped to 73 as it was not midnight in the sim. Ran Railís set first and was 42.6 so same as I ran at 88. Pit my set in and went to 41.9 and the track temp stayed the same.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:20 PM
michel944
CF Senior Member

On another subject I told you I joined a popular Sunday open wheel league and we had our first F3 race at Montreal...Some very fast guys in there but also more "normal" guys....I was up to 7th at 1/3 of the 30 lap race but had a stupid spin out of a chicane which damaged my front wing and losing 1.5 sec. a lap following this...Got passed by a few guys but managed 11th out of 35, so not too bad ! If some of you are interested, this is a serious and clean open wheel league !
http://members.iracing.com/membersit...&custid=161575

Last edited by michel944; 12-16-2018 at 09:24 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:39 AM
michel944
CF Senior Member

I almost made a call during that damn race : "Tormania your **** is on fire, report to the pits IMMEDIATELY !!! "

I don't know if he had some holiday season meat pie before time, but man something inside him must have been on fire !!!
Old 12-19-2018, 09:49 AM
Tormania
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Well last night was one of my better races in a long while. I tried both Railgun's and OG's tunes (thanks guys) and I went with OG's tune as it just felt better for my driving style. Qualifying wound up like I expected for the most part, GLD 1 -5, SLV 6,7. Got off to a decent start and was hanging on the the rear of Stang and the GLD pack. Was able to get by Stang when he had a bobble and realized I wasn't too far behind Michel. Put in a couple good laps and Steve had a bit of an off in front of us at T1/T2 and it allowed both Michel and me to get by. Tried to keep the pressure on Michel and later that same lap he got a shortcut penalty in the chicane and suddenly in one lap I went from 5th to 3rd!! But it was a lap or two later I noticed that Steve had got past Michel and was closing on me. I checked that we were only on Lap 7 and I knew that it was an 18 lap race so I was thinking to myself, well 3rd place was fun while it lasted. When for most laps I was able to keep Steve back at around .7 to 1.0 sec behind. He was faster for sure than me through that second set of slower esses (T4,5 I think) and eventually the pressure was really on. I had to drive defensively a couple times to protect the inside of a couple corners but with 3 laps to go he was stuck right to my tail out of T3 and I had no option but to hold tight to the inside for T4, T5, and then the slow lefthander T6 that led back up the hill. Steve was still glued to me but it appears he ran just a touch wide into that slow 2nd gear corner coming down the hill and got a tire in the grass and he slide off into the runoff area which gave me a 4 sec gap with 2 laps to go. When I saw that white flag I knew I just had to run one more good, clean lap to secure my first podium finish in a non-split season in a LONG, LONG time. I'd have to check the post race results but I think I only got 2 1X marks, both on Lap 10, other than that I was super clean and tidy last night.

Was super pumped after last night's race!!!
Old 12-19-2018, 11:41 AM
STANG KILLA SS
CF Senior Member

boy i really suck at arrive and drive. tried it the last two weeks.

qualified last in gold.
was following Michel and Steve. i could see Michel was holding Steve up, so i knew i could stay with them and hope for them to slow each other or make a mistake. unfortunalty Torms foot sliped off the brake and i luckily saw the kamakazi coming in the rear view, turned away from the apex to avoid damage and we just slid door sponsor decals. cost us some time to Steve/Michel, and to be honest i just gave up there. i knew i didnt have pace to catch them. just started doing laps.
and as i predicted, me and OG were back to when i joined this league. some great racing each other. a few times id pull a gap, and lift, as i wanted someone to race.

i definitely got to get back to practice. i dont have the talent for arrive and drive

also found a pic of OGs new enigma submarine mic setup

Last edited by STANG KILLA SS; 12-19-2018 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:17 PM
Tormania
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
boy i really suck at arrive and drive. tried it the last two weeks.

qualified last in gold.
was following Michel and Steve. i could see Michel was holding Steve up, so i knew i could stay with them and hope for them to slow each other or make a mistake. unfortunalty Torms foot sliped off the brake and i luckily saw the kamakazi coming in the rear view, turned away from the apex to avoid damage and we just slid door sponsor decals. cost us some time to Steve/Michel, and to be honest i just gave up there. i knew i didnt have pace to catch them. just started doing laps.
and as i predicted, me and OG were back to when i joined this league. some great racing each other. a few times id pull a gap, and lift, as i wanted someone to race.

i definitely got to get back to practice. i dont have the talent for arrive and drive

also found a pic of OGs new enigma submarine mic setup
I completely forgot about that, very sorry. I completely missed my braking point into that last corner complex and I thought for sure I was gonna shoot through the apex and off into the gravel. If i had stayed on the proper line I would have rear-ended you and most likely would have caused a spin/accident for both of us so I thought the better path was blowing by on the inside and then you would be able to undercut me, but we touched instead, luckily we avoided a larger incident.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:20 PM
railgun
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Yes that submarine mic setup pic seems about right.

Stang Killa: My (unsolicited) advice is to not slow up on purpose to create a race. I think it shows more respect to your opponents to always give them your best effort. Even if you are off the lead pack pace you can still work on consistency and making incremental gains. My $0.02.

Wingnut: Man that was some of the most fun I've had racing in a month while it lasted. The first 30 minutes of that 2HrDaytona were good as well but not nearly as intense. Also shoot me that Daytona set if you want and I will do some testing with it.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:31 AM
railgun
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by wvmgnut View Post
Ran a bit of a test yesterday. Started the sim st about 3 pm. Ran my setup and 2 from Rail....

FYI those were just old setups I found and shared per a request from another driver--they were not my creations. They were also not the vApex setup which I ran in the fun run after changing from 1 to 0 wing. I did not build or help build the vApex set and cannot share without permission from the vApex Racing Group.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:48 AM
wvmgnut
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by railgun View Post
FYI those were just old setups I found and shared per a request from another driver--they were not my creations. They were also not the vApex setup which I ran in the fun run after changing from 1 to 0 wing. I did not build or help build the vApex set and cannot share without permission from the vApex Racing Group.
I figured thatís where they came from. It just gave me a bit of an opportunity to compare something else to what I had. I saw a couple had VRS in the name.

That was a lot of fun Tuesday night. Imola is not one of my better tracks especially in the GT cars so it wasnít a matter of if I screwed up but when. I figure Iíll just keep finishing second for the GTE races then come out when we switch to the F3 car
Old 12-20-2018, 12:14 PM
railgun
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm going to be ready in F3. Just sayin'.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:28 PM
wvmgnut
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by railgun View Post
I'm going to be ready in F3. Just sayin'.
I only ran 2 races in the FR2.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:14 PM
STANG KILLA SS
CF Senior Member

my game plan is to just take out everybodys wings
Old 12-20-2018, 01:38 PM
wvmgnut
CF Senior Member

my game plan is to just take out everybodys wings
So a normal week for you.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:07 PM
michel944
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by wvmgnut View Post

So a normal week for you.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:14 PM
STANG KILLA SS
CF Senior Member

Old 12-20-2018, 04:44 PM
Tormania
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

There IS a reason why Stang is you name.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:58 PM
STANG KILLA SS
CF Senior Member

is anyone working on a D24h 488 Livery?
Old 12-20-2018, 11:08 PM
michel944
CF Senior Member

Only one livery for a Ferrari :

Old 12-21-2018, 09:29 AM
wvmgnut
CF Senior Member

We need to have a target on the back of it for Michelís stints. He always seems to get rear ended somehow.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:19 AM
STANG KILLA SS
CF Senior Member

he will also need fireworks, flags, and neon paint for the pit stall

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: iRacing Corvette Forum series - iRCFS season 20

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: