Notices
Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

San Bernardino, 5 day visit

 
Old 02-08-2019, 09:36 AM
  #41  
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!
 
dvarapala's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 28,664
Thanked 65 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1 View Post

Have not been in Orange County long enough or San Bernadino, but I am truly struggling to find any decent place for food.
You gotta be kidding me!

Name the places in The OC that you have tried but didn't like.

dvarapala is online now  
Old 02-08-2019, 09:37 AM
  #42  
OldRoger
CF Senior Member
 
OldRoger's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: We've gone on holiday by mistake
Posts: 3,241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

isn't the first ever McDonalds in San Bernardino? Well there you go. San Bernardino ring a ding ding.
OldRoger is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 12:06 PM
  #43  
Anton Chigurh
CF Senior Member
 
Anton Chigurh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2017
Location: What's the most you've ever lost on a coin toss?
Posts: 405
Thanked 21 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1 View Post

Have not been in Orange County long enough or San Bernadino, but I am truly struggling to find any decent place for food.
You're really screwed being in South Orange County also known as chain restaurant hell, even though Irvine has a large Chinese population you have to drive all the way to the San Gabriel Valley to find decent Chinese food.
Anton Chigurh is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 12:30 PM
  #44  
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!
 
dvarapala's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 28,664
Thanked 65 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
You're really screwed being in South Orange County also known as chain restaurant hell, even though Irvine has a large Chinese population you have to drive all the way to the San Gabriel Valley to find decent Chinese food.
http://www.samwooirvine.com

There are two fabulous Indian restaurants within walking distance from here, and the best Chicago Style pizza outside of Chicago is over in Placentia. If you like Persian there's Ferdussi's over in South Coast Metro. I could go on and on, but you get the point.
dvarapala is online now  
Old 02-12-2019, 01:55 AM
  #45  
vvv90
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
vvv90's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2002
Location: Chicagoland IL
Posts: 11,015
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I had more time on my hands from babysitting the plant than I thought I'd have. I get what you guys were saying in that it's basically (ONE) of the white trash/brown trash parts or California. Ironically you native Californians rip on other parts of California more than native Illinoisians do to each other. That says a lot.

I'm flying out tomorrow. If I wasn't at my plant, I was at my hotel with regards to Rialto so I didn't get a chance to see just how shitty the people are but honestly the people in my hotel or any restaurant I was at were genuinely very friendly so I'm thinking the elitest liberal douchebaggery is really at play in the advice I got from you all. But regardless, I do see what you meant, to a point.

Anyway, when I wasn't at the plant or at the hotel in Rialto the scenery within about an hours drive in any direction was fantastic! I checked out part of Joshua Tree up to Key's lookout over Coachella which was beautiful. I then went to Palm Springs and took the Tramway to Mount San Jacinto. After that I drove the 330 all the way to Big Bear Lake and that was not just beautiful, but also funny how you pillow biters put chains on your tires when there's a little snow..
vvv90 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 08:15 AM
  #46  
RandolphB
CF Senior Member
 
RandolphB's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2010
Location: Oviedo
Posts: 12,351
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by OldRoger View Post
isn't the first ever McDonalds in San Bernardino? Well there you go. San Bernardino ring a ding ding.

Long since gone. The building was the San Berdo Symphonies HQ for some years, and then a museum set up to remember McDonalds for a long time. It was owned by the guy who owned Juan Pollo Chicken in his recognition of how McDonalds started the whole industry. McDonald's Corp hates it and wants it to go away. Think it is now up the street in what was the second actual location. The building had musical staff handrails added when the Symphony owned it, and they were left for later.....
RandolphB is online now  
Old 02-12-2019, 03:13 PM
  #47  
GotCorvette?
CF Senior Member
 
GotCorvette?'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: northern california
Posts: 22,046
Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by vvv90 View Post
I had more time on my hands from babysitting the plant than I thought I'd have. I get what you guys were saying in that it's basically (ONE) of the white trash/brown trash parts or California. Ironically you native Californians rip on other parts of California more than native Illinoisians do to each other. That says a lot.

I'm flying out tomorrow. If I wasn't at my plant, I was at my hotel with regards to Rialto so I didn't get a chance to see just how shitty the people are but honestly the people in my hotel or any restaurant I was at were genuinely very friendly so I'm thinking the elitest liberal douchebaggery is really at play in the advice I got from you all. But regardless, I do see what you meant, to a point.

Anyway, when I wasn't at the plant or at the hotel in Rialto the scenery within about an hours drive in any direction was fantastic! I checked out part of Joshua Tree up to Key's lookout over Coachella which was beautiful. I then went to Palm Springs and took the Tramway to Mount San Jacinto. After that I drove the 330 all the way to Big Bear Lake and that was not just beautiful, but also funny how you pillow biters put chains on your tires when there's a little snow..
California is a very big state. Even has many different climates. I don't see how anyone could like every bit of it. For instance, I have grown to dislike any of the densely populated areas. I prefer the small towns, which there are many of. It's cheap where I live, but the climate is more harsh than other areas.
GotCorvette? is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 06:08 PM
  #48  
DREEZZEE
CF Senior Member
 
DREEZZEE's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2002
Location: GIANTS Bullpen
Posts: 3,772
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by GotCorvette? View Post
If your work is sending you to Rialto, quit your job.
Is his job related to Meth Distribution?
DREEZZEE is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 08:30 PM
  #49  
vvv90
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
vvv90's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2002
Location: Chicagoland IL
Posts: 11,015
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DREEZZEE View Post
Is his job related to Meth Distribution?
I'm the one who knocks....... bitch!
vvv90 is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 08:32 PM
  #50  
Mikeceli
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2002
Location: Petaluma CA
Posts: 11,357
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

What ca town/city is it going to?
Mikeceli is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: San Bernardino, 5 day visit


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: