Notices
Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

***NASCAR Daytona***

 
Old 02-10-2019, 06:02 PM
  #21  
Nowhere Man
CF Senior Member
 
Nowhere Man's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2003
Location: Sitting in his Nowhere land Hanover Pa
Posts: 33,929
Thanked 1,485 Times in 1,345 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist
Default

Originally Posted by ToomRaider View Post
Boring!, Follow the leader. Do they do this for 70 laps then race for 5??
well ol seven time caused a wreck that took out most of the field
Nowhere Man is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 06:03 PM
  #22  
leadfoot4
CF Senior Member
 
leadfoot4's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2001
Location: Western NY
Posts: 57,442
Thanked 395 Times in 365 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 View Post
So did Jimmie get into the 21 or did he come down or both?
IMHO, the 21 came down an inch or two, and the 48 went up a foot or so....
leadfoot4 is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 06:08 PM
  #23  
Nowhere Man
CF Senior Member
 
Nowhere Man's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2003
Location: Sitting in his Nowhere land Hanover Pa
Posts: 33,929
Thanked 1,485 Times in 1,345 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist
Default

and the race is called and Jimmy wins it
Nowhere Man is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 06:12 PM
  #24  
Silverback51
CF Senior Member
 
Silverback51's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2011
Location: Prescott Arizona
Posts: 5,832
Thanked 32 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Okay, race is over let's get to drag racing damnit.
Silverback51 is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 06:32 PM
  #25  
pastorbrad
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
pastorbrad's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2003
Location: Dover MA
Posts: 11,240
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Default

Qualifying - the 24 and 88 on the front row. HMS cars take the top four spots.
JJ starts the wreck that takes out all but four of the field and then wins when the rains come. Wow. Good thing it wasn't an official race.
pastorbrad is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 07:38 PM
  #26  
leadfoot4
CF Senior Member
 
leadfoot4's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2001
Location: Western NY
Posts: 57,442
Thanked 395 Times in 365 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by pastorbrad View Post
.......JJ starts the wreck that takes out all but four of the field and then wins when the rains come. Wow. Good thing it wasn't an official race.



If he had done that in a points race, I don't think he'd made it out of the track alive....
leadfoot4 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 12:34 AM
  #27  
F4Gary
CF Senior Member
 
F4Gary's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2001
Location: Grapevine Tx
Posts: 3,150
Thanked 95 Times in 72 Posts
2018 C3 of Year Finalist
2016 C3 of the Year Finalist
Default

So now JJ has to wreck the guy in front of him to win. He should be disqualified for causing the wreck. What a *****. I hope he is the first car out of the 500.
F4Gary is online now  
Old 02-11-2019, 04:29 AM
  #28  
Olustee bus
CF Senior Member
 
Olustee bus's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2000
Location: Olustee Florida
Posts: 11,201
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Aero pulled Menard down if he went down at all. It is an embarrassment to Nascar that a 7-time champion did that.
Olustee bus is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 08:45 AM
  #29  
roadbike56
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
roadbike56's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2011
Location: Holly Springs NC
Posts: 6,106
Thanked 677 Times in 518 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17
Default

I could not get the clash on TV, only qualifying. Not a good omen.
roadbike56 is online now  
Old 02-11-2019, 08:52 AM
  #30  
Rodnok1
CF Senior Member
 
Rodnok1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: NC
Posts: 2,904
Thanked 89 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by roadbike56 View Post
I could not get the clash on TV, only qualifying. Not a good omen.
If you don't have FS1 and NBC sports app you're not getting many races again this year.
Rodnok1 is online now  
Old 02-11-2019, 09:41 AM
  #31  
roadbike56
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
roadbike56's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2011
Location: Holly Springs NC
Posts: 6,106
Thanked 677 Times in 518 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17
Default

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 View Post
If you don't have FS1 and NBC sports app you're not getting many races again this year.
I have Fox Sports, FS, but it doesn't say FS1.
I also have NBC sports, but they didn't have any Daytona coverage for sure. They had snow boarding.

Last edited by roadbike56; 02-11-2019 at 09:43 AM.
roadbike56 is online now  
Old 02-11-2019, 09:53 AM
  #32  
US Icon
Talladega vettes4vets
Support Corvetteforum!
 
US Icon's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2013
Location: Miller time Wis. Alcohol tobacco & firearms should be a C store not a federal bureaucracy. NRA Life
Posts: 7,836
Thanked 761 Times in 584 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Winner
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19
Default

Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post


If he had done that in a points race, I don't think he'd made it out of the track alive....


Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
So now JJ has to wreck the guy in front of him to win. He should be disqualified for causing the wreck. What a *****. I hope he is the first car out of the 500.


The race started out boring but it was shaping up with the potential to have a good finish, then the 48 dumps the 21 which wrecks almost the entire field and immediately the race over. WTF.

Still looking forward to the 500 though!
US Icon is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 09:56 AM
  #33  
US Icon
Talladega vettes4vets
Support Corvetteforum!
 
US Icon's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2013
Location: Miller time Wis. Alcohol tobacco & firearms should be a C store not a federal bureaucracy. NRA Life
Posts: 7,836
Thanked 761 Times in 584 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Winner
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19
Default

Originally Posted by roadbike56 View Post
I have Fox Sports, FS, but it doesn't say FS1.
I also have NBC sports, but they didn't have any Daytona coverage for sure. They had snow boarding.
Fox and FS1 have the races for the first half of the season. Nothing But Commercials and NBCSN have the second half
US Icon is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 11:07 AM
  #34  
ChefMark
CF Senior Member
 
ChefMark's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2008
Posts: 7,645
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
So now JJ has to wreck the guy in front of him to win. He should be disqualified for causing the wreck. What a *****. I hope he is the first car out of the 500.
Originally Posted by Olustee bus View Post
Aero pulled Menard down if he went down at all. It is an embarrassment to Nascar that a 7-time champion did that.
JJ is desperate to win this year.
ChefMark is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 12:11 PM
  #35  
ToomRaider
CF Senior Member
 
ToomRaider's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2018
Location: Michiana
Posts: 175
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

JJ:” (voice of DE) I didn’t want to wreck him, I just wanted to rattle him a little bit”
it was one of those racin deals. Been happening in NASCAR since the beginning. I’m glad to see them getting away from the PC, snowflake ideas that “ it wasn’t fair”bs and penalize him. Let them rub, bump, move out of the way and let them race. It makes a better show, unless you think everyone deserves a trophy.
ToomRaider is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 01:59 PM
  #36  
leadfoot4
CF Senior Member
 
leadfoot4's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2001
Location: Western NY
Posts: 57,442
Thanked 395 Times in 365 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ToomRaider View Post
. Let them rub, bump, move out of the way and let them race. It makes a better show, unless you think everyone deserves a trophy.
I understand what you mean, but to me, what occurred here, yesterday, is why I despise "pack racing". One guy gets into a second guy, at the head of the pack, and in a nanosecond, 16 cars are involved. I think that it wouldn't be too far fetched to think that if this had been the actual 500, with a full field of cars on the track, and most of them in the vicinity of that pack, even more cars would have been taken out. Could you imagine, the "Great American Race" ending with 8-10 cars still running?
leadfoot4 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 02:31 PM
  #37  
HEB
CF Senior Member
 
HEB's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 1999
Location: New Lebanon.Ohio
Posts: 2,837
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Default

I was happy the 18 car was in the crash!!
HEB is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 02:33 PM
  #38  
roadbike56
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
roadbike56's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2011
Location: Holly Springs NC
Posts: 6,106
Thanked 677 Times in 518 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17
Default

Originally Posted by US Icon View Post
Fox and FS1 have the races for the first half of the season. Nothing But Commercials and NBCSN have the second half
Thanks
roadbike56 is online now  
Old 02-12-2019, 03:56 AM
  #39  
Olustee bus
CF Senior Member
 
Olustee bus's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2000
Location: Olustee Florida
Posts: 11,201
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I understand what you mean, but to me, what occurred here, yesterday, is why I despise "pack racing". One guy gets into a second guy, at the head of the pack, and in a nanosecond, 16 cars are involved. I think that it wouldn't be too far fetched to think that if this had been the actual 500, with a full field of cars on the track, and most of them in the vicinity of that pack, even more cars would have been taken out. Could you imagine, the "Great American Race" ending with 8-10 cars still running?
This has been a big turnoff to me for years. It seems engine rules are such that they can all run together. I don't like wrecks myself so I would be happier without them.
Olustee bus is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 10:20 AM
  #40  
Railroadman
CF Senior Member
 
Railroadman's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2008
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 22,486
Thanked 463 Times in 301 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-19

Default

Originally Posted by ToomRaider View Post
Boring!, Follow the leader.
Originally Posted by leadfoot4
what occurred here, yesterday, is why I despise "pack racing".
One or the other of you ain't gonna be happy!

So what sort of racing would be acceptable? Each car must stay 3 carlengths from the car ahead, and no more than 2 wide? Be careful, NASCAR might put in a "following too closely" penalty like a cop on the street.
Railroadman is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ***NASCAR Daytona***


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: