Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Anyone owned a 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8?

Notices
Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Anyone owned a 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8?

Old 02-10-2019, 03:43 PM
vvv90
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Badger97 View Post
No, Iím referring to the guy who posted it. Since this is a thread about SRT8, he said it was a beast and paid close to $100K, which is ridiculous for an SRT.

As for the Trackhawk, mid 70s seems to be the going rate.

How do you like it?
Sorry for the confusion, I quoted the wrong post in my reply. You were making the same point I was.

I haven't been this excited about driving a car in many many years, and I've had quite a few cars so yeah, I love it. Around here the going rate is low 80's but I did see some that Id' have to travel for in the High 70's which meant mid 70's is probably possible.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:42 PM
Donuts
CF Senior Member

Iíve owned a Ď12 and a Ď14 and loved both of them. For some reason I enjoyed the Ď12 more and the only real difference was the tranny. Itís just a really neat rig with strong character. It feels good, /sounds good and runs strong. Worth every penny
Old 02-11-2019, 12:26 AM
Patriot10
CF Senior Member

An SRT8? No. Not close to that much
TrackHawk. I think his price was $97,000.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:05 AM
Badger97
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Patriot10 View Post
TrackHawk. I think his price was $97,000.
Then he way overpaid. There about 10 of them available locally to me and all are mid70s.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:11 PM
vvv90
CF Senior Member

Depends when he bought it. Prices last Summer were sticker+

When they first came out people were paying $20k more.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:04 PM
Evan70
CF Senior Member

First off, it's an SRT, not an SRT8 (I know being picky, but Jeep dropped the 8 for 2014, even though many people still refer to it as an SRT8). I had a 2014 for about 3 years that I recently got rid of, and loved it other than a couple of serious failures. It's crazy fast for an SUV (with the TrackHawk being insanely fast). AWD, a 392 Hemi and an 8 speed auto are a blast! 0-60 or sub 4.5 seconds every launch, rain or dry, launch mode or not. Very comfortable, nice high seating position to see over regular cars, good visibility, good handling and stopping (not just for an SUV, but in general), great cargo space and lots of safety and comfort/convenience features: blind spot monitoring, forward collision alert w/ auto braking, adaptive cruise, heated & vented seats, power liftgate, great stereo/infotainment, good gauge package and performance monitoring. Only irritation was the carbon fiber dash trim peels off every single one of them. I'd still be driving it except for two major issues I had:
  • 65K miles: lifter failure, causing all lifters, cam and passenger side head to be replaced. Appears to be a common issue with them affecting a decent number of owners, but not all of them. Mine was covered under powertrain warranty.
  • 69K miles: transmission failure. Dealer stated that the coolant lines running through the transmission had come loose dumping coolant into it. Reattached lines and refilled and called it good.
It was the last one that really caused me to sell it as my extended warranty and powertrain warranty were both about to expire, and I wasn't comfortable with their solution. If they'd put a new trans in it, I'd still be driving it. If you're looking for new, I'd definitely go TrackHawk, even if you're seriously looking at just the SRT, you should seriously consider the TrackHawk before making a final decision. I'm still debating whether to do a C8 for a daily (to replace C7 I got to replace Jeep SRT), or buy a TrackHawk.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:55 AM
vvv90
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Evan70 View Post
First off, it's an SRT, not an SRT8 (I know being picky, but Jeep dropped the 8 for 2014, even though many people still refer to it as an SRT8). I had a 2014 for about 3 years that I recently got rid of, and loved it other than a couple of serious failures. It's crazy fast for an SUV (with the TrackHawk being insanely fast). AWD, a 392 Hemi and an 8 speed auto are a blast! 0-60 or sub 4.5 seconds every launch, rain or dry, launch mode or not. Very comfortable, nice high seating position to see over regular cars, good visibility, good handling and stopping (not just for an SUV, but in general), great cargo space and lots of safety and comfort/convenience features: blind spot monitoring, forward collision alert w/ auto braking, adaptive cruise, heated & vented seats, power liftgate, great stereo/infotainment, good gauge package and performance monitoring. Only irritation was the carbon fiber dash trim peels off every single one of them. I'd still be driving it except for two major issues I had:
  • 65K miles: lifter failure, causing all lifters, cam and passenger side head to be replaced. Appears to be a common issue with them affecting a decent number of owners, but not all of them. Mine was covered under powertrain warranty.
  • 69K miles: transmission failure. Dealer stated that the coolant lines running through the transmission had come loose dumping coolant into it. Reattached lines and refilled and called it good.
It was the last one that really caused me to sell it as my extended warranty and powertrain warranty were both about to expire, and I wasn't comfortable with their solution. If they'd put a new trans in it, I'd still be driving it. If you're looking for new, I'd definitely go TrackHawk, even if you're seriously looking at just the SRT, you should seriously consider the TrackHawk before making a final decision. I'm still debating whether to do a C8 for a daily (to replace C7 I got to replace Jeep SRT), or buy a TrackHawk.
Exactly! Trackhawk prices are so close to SRT prices it's almost ridiculous not to go Trackhawk. Don't take our word for it, price them out for yourselves. LIke I said, if buying used then that's a completely different situation.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:20 AM
Patriot10
CF Senior Member

Then he way overpaid. There about 10 of them available locally to me and all are mid70s.
I was trying to find the thread and forum but could not. He did seem very happy with it.

I cannot afford one, but even if I could I might be hesitant because it is a Jeep-Chrysler product. My three co workers own or owned Dodge Chargers for work and all three had issues. One had to replace the entire rear brake LED bar while another had issues with it failing to start, We were literally on an emergency call and out the door and in our vehicles when his would not start. I know the Charger is not a Trackhawk but they fall under Chrysler.

Last edited by Patriot10; 02-12-2019 at 01:24 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:55 AM
Big Jay E
CF Senior Member

Bought a Trackhawk last May. First SUV ever. Blast to drive and great in bad weather.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:51 AM
Badger97
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by vvv90 View Post
Exactly! Trackhawk prices are so close to SRT prices it's almost ridiculous not to go Trackhawk. Don't take our word for it, price them out for yourselves. LIke I said, if buying used then that's a completely different situation.
Trackhawks are mid70s around here. SRTs are mid 50s. I donít consider 50% more ďso closeĒ

That said, when youíre sitting on an 84 month loan, who cares !
Old 02-12-2019, 08:53 AM
ZEN357
CF Senior Member

I have owned several of the new Hemi Engines over the year and all I can say is there is no substitute for cubic inches. You can supercharge or turbo charge a 4 or 6 all you want, but you will never get out of those engines what you can a V-8. Just my opinion.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:59 PM
leadfoot4
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post
I have owned several of the new Hemi Engines over the year and all I can say is there is no substitute for cubic inches. You can supercharge or turbo charge a 4 or 6 all you want, but you will never get out of those engines what you can a V-8. Just my opinion.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:07 PM
vvv90
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post
I have owned several of the new Hemi Engines over the year and all I can say is there is no substitute for cubic inches. You can supercharge or turbo charge a 4 or 6 all you want, but you
will never get out of those engines what you can a V-8. Just my opinion.
Well, your opinion is factually incorrect because "cubic inches" have nothing to do with your old school "No replacement for displacement" attitude because it's all about pumping air. Go over to the FI forums and learn a thing or two. l'll just say this, who cares about V8's vs. Turbo I4's etc...You can FI a ******* V8 and get the best of both worlds. Can we agree on that? Or do you think Top Fuel dragsters should ditch their blowers?

Last edited by vvv90; 02-12-2019 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:09 PM
vvv90
CF Senior Member

Trackhawks are mid70s around here. SRTs are mid 50s. I don’t consider 50% more “so close”

That said, when you’re sitting on an 84 month loan, who cares !
I don't consider someone who's bad at math a person worth debating with either.

Good luck in life.

Last edited by vvv90; 02-12-2019 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:16 PM
Badger97
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by vvv90 View Post
I don't consider someone who's bad at math a person worth debating with either.

Good luck in life.
Youre a slow one, arenít you?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone owned a 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: