Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

What is Chicago or NY Style Pizza?

Notices
Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

What is Chicago or NY Style Pizza?

Old 02-10-2019, 06:51 PM
Dave concrete
CF Senior Member

[QUOTE=MAD IN NC;1598854518] [/

QUOTE]
Who doesn't love Quiche.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:54 PM
chiefttp
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by vvv90 View Post
So your brother was dumb enough to marry a moron and I'm to blame for that? I never said anything about Chicago being great. We're talking about food here sport.
Actually it’s my Brother-in-laws wife who’s from Chicago.

By the way, don't people call Jersey the armpit of America? I've been there. You have a lot of nerve picking on Chicago.
The Difference is, people from New Jersey, aren’t badgering people from Chicago and telling them how great Chicago deep dish is or how those Chicago style hot dogs are the best...I never bother Chicago folks about NY food, but every time I’m working with somebody from Chicago I have to hear about the pizza etc...like they have some type of complex about it. BTW, New Jersey is the richest state in the nation, per capital income, it’s not for everybody, and the politics sucks, but there are a lot of very wealthy folks who chose to live here, even though they can live anywhere else, so it’s not just the view from Newark Airport or the Turnpike that attracts people. Maybe it’s the Pizza!��

Last edited by chiefttp; 02-10-2019 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:56 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Sawbone View Post
Second city? NYC, Miami, LA are easily the top 3 in my book.
Chicago was called Second City because it used to be #2 in terms of population.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:42 PM
kingpin111
CF Senior Member

See I look at something like deep dish pizza and think it looks tasty never having it.
But if there is one ******* mushroom in there screw it all to hell.

You ever been to someone's house and they or their significant other says the make the best so and so?
I have a friend whose wife makes the "best" Ceasar salad from scratch.
All as I taste when I eat it is raw garlic.
It's horrible in my eyes.
I usually eat a baguette with it to kill some of the garlic. LOL

Thin crust pizzas do nothing for me. I am not into crispy breads unless it's paper thin with a soft inside.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:44 PM
themonk
CF Senior Member

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
California style pizza is less greasy....

yeah, you wash that thing down with a nice hot latte.

that thing is cooked dough with a few pieces of whatever loosely sprinkled on it, that ain’t no pizza.

now I want a pizza but am not going to spend 30 bucks to get it delivered here.

Last edited by themonk; 02-10-2019 at 08:45 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:51 PM
05c6silververt
CF Senior Member

Location: Well whaddaya know? You really can fool some of the people all of the time.
St. Jude Donor '17-'18

Yeah, I can hear these two ordering pizza over the phone......'yeah, I'd like a large pie, extra cheese, half seal, half blubber, no fuggin' anchovies....and none of that stinkin' ruut beer!'
Old 02-10-2019, 08:52 PM
BadUmp
CF Senior Member

NY style is encased in cement; and, Chicago style is splattered against a brick wall . . .
Old 02-10-2019, 08:56 PM
kingpin111
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 05c6silververt View Post
Yeah, I can hear these two ordering pizza over the phone......'yeah, I'd like a large pie, extra cheese, half seal, half blubber, no fuggin' anchovies....and none of that stinkin' ruut beer!'
ok that's funny!
Old 02-10-2019, 09:29 PM
KarlK
CF Senior Member

Old 02-10-2019, 09:31 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Which Style of Pizza is This?

Old 02-10-2019, 09:34 PM
vvv90
CF Senior Member

Sorry to offend but, I have gotten consistently lousy food in Chicago except for the two establishments I mentioned. I'm not biased, It's not that I dislike Chicago, I'm just relating my experiences. And when I eat in Chicago, I'm traveling for work so, I'm not visiting Michelin starred restaurants, I'm eating at venues where I can reasonably expense my meal. I once asked somebody where I could get a decent steak dinner and they directed me to Gibson's. Probably the worst piece of prime rib I've ever had. I forget exactly which place it was but, I once ordered ravioli and sausage. I got 5 of those raviolis that you find in the supermarket freezer section, a couple of smoked kielbasis covered with what I'm certain was something out of a jar and two of those soft, square dinner rolls, all for the bargain price of $24.95. And Lawry's? Sorry, but almost everything about it was third rate, and everyone at the table agreed. The service was absolutely horrible as well. Lulled into a false sense of great expectations by a respectable salad, we then waited more than 90 minutes for our entrees. Unfortunately, it just got too late to leave and find someplace else. When my steak finally did arrive, it was bordering on raw and it had an inordinate amount of gristle for what was being served in a 'steakhouse'. Don't blame me, I didn't use inferior meats, or flub the prep, or provide horrible service. I'm just relating my experiences. But like I said, I've been to Harry Carey's a half dozen times with nary a complaint.
Not sure why you're rambling on about Lawry's dude, that's a chain from California.

There's good and bad restaurants in the same town EVERYWHERE you go. Just do better research. Every place you mentioned is within walking distance of each other in the River North area. All business travelers and tourists and rents for restaurant space is super expensive. No wonder you're not impressed.

Real Chicago food is in the neighborhoods.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:39 PM
themonk
CF Senior Member

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

and you, “just gimme my g’dam pizza pie I don’t care what f’kn kind of crust just send it here right f’kn now and if it’s more than 30 mins and it ain’t free I’m gonna pop a cap in yo deliver driver’s ***....da the f’k you mean why am I being so rude, because this is ‘Murcia and I’m a tax paying ‘Murican citizen and it is my God given right to be rude, so why don’t you just go back to whatever country you was born in and mind your own g’dam bidness!”

Now hang up the phone......
Old 02-10-2019, 09:51 PM
05c6silververt
CF Senior Member

Location: Well whaddaya know? You really can fool some of the people all of the time.
St. Jude Donor '17-'18

Originally Posted by themonk View Post
and you, “just gimme my g’dam pizza pie I don’t care what f’kn kind of crust just send it here right f’kn now and if it’s more than 30 mins and it ain’t free I’m gonna pop a cap in yo deliver driver’s ***....da the f’k you mean why am I being so rude, because this is ‘Murcia and I’m a tax paying ‘Murican citizen and it is my God given right to be rude, so why don’t you just go back to whatever country you was born in and mind your own g’dam bidness!”

Now hang up the phone......

Old 02-10-2019, 10:13 PM
kingpin111
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by KarlK View Post
[color]I had tasted pizza greatness before in New York, but this was something else[/color]
[color][/color]

Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
der flieger especiale
Old 02-10-2019, 10:30 PM
Oh Boy
CF Senior Member

N.Y. style pizza.

Old 02-10-2019, 10:32 PM
Skid Row Joe
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by slewfoot1956 View Post
WTF is the difference between Chicago Style and New York Style Pizza? It's all fkn Italian anyway. Does one display bullet holes while the other has an accent? We have a local hole here in downtown Albuquerque called Aldo's. They boast NY style. I can see why because there is a pic of the Brooklyn bridge and Statue of Liberty on the wall.

The pizza is very good but identical to Costco. Excluding the national chains, where I have had pizza that boasts one or the other, true Chicago or NY seems to somewhat tasty but no depth or substance to it, razor thin crust and reminds me of Domino's from 30 years ago and I'm paying for apparently history with a less than average taste.

You're going to need to move to, or go to Chicago and New York, to find out.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:35 PM
Skid Row Joe
CF Senior Member

Here: this is your Albuquerque pizza....
​​​​​​​
Old 02-11-2019, 06:28 PM
jim2527
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tennis & Golf Nut View Post
**** stupid statement.
But its the F stupid truth. Chicago pizza is cooked in nasty greasy pans that aren't cleaned. Like eating off a dirty plate from last weeks dinner. Over and over and over again. Your probably one of those Chicago people that drool and get twitchy when you see a Portillos. Eh.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:41 PM
zeevette
CF Senior Member

[QUOTE=Dave concrete;1598854522]
Originally Posted by MAD IN NC View Post
[/

QUOTE]
Who doesn't love Quiche.
This looks like a deep dish pizza I recently had in Moscow, ID. It was delicious, but I could only eat one piece. Good, and bad pizza is everywhere. NY'ers need to get over themselves.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:52 PM
Dave concrete
CF Senior Member

[QUOTE=zeevette;1598861231]
Originally Posted by Dave concrete View Post

This looks like a deep dish pizza I recently had in Moscow, ID. It was delicious, but I could only eat one piece. Good, and bad pizza is everywhere. NY'ers need to get over themselves.
I don't doubt for a minute its not good. I also have had deep dish many of times.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is Chicago or NY Style Pizza?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: