Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

What is Chicago or NY Style Pizza?

Notices
Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

What is Chicago or NY Style Pizza?

Old 02-12-2019, 08:30 PM
SilverC1
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 05c6silververt View Post
We're talkin' about roast beef now? I've got a great roast beef recipe. Take a half stick of butter and cut it up, toss the chunks into a crock pot, add a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch powdered dressing mix and cut up hunks of chuck roast, about 2 to 3 pounds worth. Low heat in the crock for 8 hours or so (turn or stir occasionally)....Wow!
Hey, that does sound good! Interesting use of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix..... Very unintuitive, like grilling chicken that has been coated with mayo....

Our local Costco used to carry an even easier item - Harris Ranch pot roast - already cooked with gravy. Very good with egg noodles.... But I haven't seen it there in a while.

(Harris Ranch is located right on I-5 in the Central Valley, and makes for a good lunch stop when driving between the Bay Area and LA. Good steaks and burgers, but it is hard for me to avoid the pot roast.)

Last edited by SilverC1; 02-12-2019 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:37 PM
05c6silververt
CF Senior Member

Location: Well whaddaya know? You really can fool some of the people all of the time.
St. Jude Donor '17-'18

Originally Posted by SilverC1 View Post
Hey, that does sound good! Interesting use of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix..... Very unintuitive, like grilling chicken that has been coated with mayo....

Our local Costco used to carry an even easier item - Harris Ranch pot roast - already cooked with gravy. Very good with egg noodles.... But I haven't seen it there in a while.

(Harris Ranch is located right on I-5 in the Central Valley, and makes for a good lunch stop when driving between the Bay Area and LA. Good steaks and burgers, but it is hard for me to avoid the pot roast.)
Try the method in my post. My friends sister made this and when I tried it I was hooked. When she told me how she made it I could hardly believe it. Makes its own gravy, too. When it's ready just put some on your favorite kind of roll, you don't even have to bother with provolone...although some horseradish sauce is nice. It's kind of rich for roast beef sandwiches but, OMG is it good!
Old 02-12-2019, 09:06 PM
Dave concrete
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Humanoid 2.0 View Post
Yup, it cooks when you cook the pie.

For pasta sauce you can put a potato in it to help reduce the acidity, or add chopped carrots to it. No need to add sugar unless you a dumb canuck or something
yes, thatís what I do, either a whole carrot which I remove in a few hours or I shave them so paper thin, they get liquefied .
Old 02-13-2019, 01:01 PM
Silverback51
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Humanoid 2.0 View Post
Yup, it cooks when you cook the pie.

For pasta sauce you can put a potato in it to help reduce the acidity, or add chopped carrots to it. No need to add sugar unless you a dumb canuck or something
That was what I was going to say also. A chunk of potato will cut the acidity.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:18 AM
Mod75
CF Senior Member

Born and raised South side of Chicago 71 years ago, all pizzas are to be compared to ""Rays Pizza"" behind Race Way Park..In Blue Island...
Any Pizza that was more than 1/2 to 3/4" is be considered A DEEP DISH PIZZA back in the day, that's the way it works....

Down state Illinois, what they consider a deep pan pizza is beyond belief, how sad, C-rations or a tray of Tater Tots would make me happy.
Deep dish is a lost art.

Last edited by Mod75; 02-14-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is Chicago or NY Style Pizza?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: