Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Post-Cataract Surgery Sensitivity To Light.

Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Old 02-11-2019, 04:40 PM
NBM LS1 M6
CF Senior Member

Location: I helped our former POSOTUS return the wealth of America to its rightful owners one parcel of real e
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
God is punishing you for posting your ridiculous click bait video links.....

Don't mess with God NBM.....
Old 02-11-2019, 07:08 PM
oldgoat99
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ThePirate View Post
If you are still using the prescription eye drops, everything will clear up when you stop.
[NBM]Prescription eye drops are infused by the government with mind control drugs!![/NBM]
Old 02-14-2019, 11:21 AM
ThePirate
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by oldgoat99 View Post
[NBM]Prescription eye drops are infused by the government with mind control drugs!![/NBM]
[CIA] No they are not. Take them as often as possible. [/CIA]
Old 02-14-2019, 01:21 PM
Tri-Tip
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by NBM LS1 M6 View Post

I did not fully experience this after the first surgery just before Christmas, but after the surgery on the dominant eye about a month ago. this seems like a real issue. Will this start to go away and back to normal soon and/or after time?

The real issue right now is trying to read sitting around the house.

I had my last visit with the doctor thee weeks ago. He used the word "perfect" to describe the results of the surgery. I need no glasses for distance or driving any longer, and sunglasses solve the bright light problem during the day driving. I bought some yellow sun glasses to try for night glare. Have not tries those yet.

Your thoughts are welcome.
Your eye surgeon is a member of the Illuminati and has implanted special lenses in your eyes that will finally prevent you from seeing things that are not really there.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:11 PM
Myfourth1
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Larry82 View Post
Seems like it is early for this, but you can develop what is called a secondary cataract, which is really just the back side of the capsule that held the cataract that was removed. Very common. Called a secondary cataract. Can cause glare around lights at night and inside. Simple one minute process to have doc blast the secondary cataract with a laser. Basically, opens up the back side of the capsule. Had to have it some on both of my eyes that had cataracts removed, but about a decade after the cataract itself.
I had both eyes done back in 1992 when I was 42 and within 6 months I had the secondary cataract, or as it was called back then, scar tissue. As you said, a simple 30 second laser procedure to clear it up and my vision was even more improved. However, both eyes were very sensitive to light for a short period afterwards. I don't necessarily subscribe to the "cheap sunglasses" suggestion. I would invest in a good pair of sunglasses with UV protection.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:35 PM
fltsfshr
CF Senior Member

I had my 2nd eye done Monday.. I chose far vision rather than a compromise. Both eyes checked out at 20/15 yesterday. Got a new pair of Costa Permits with 501 glass in green tint on copper lens. I put the top down today and drove 60 miles on clear blue sunny afternoon No problems just good vision.
Thanks Bascom Palmer.
fltsfshr
PS i not using readers either.

Last edited by fltsfshr; 02-14-2019 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:38 PM
6spdC6
CF Senior Member

Location: A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake in the "Peoples Republic" of upper NY state http://www.visitsacandaga.com/

Originally Posted by fltsfshr View Post
I had my 2nd eye done Monday.. I chose far vision rather than a compromise. Both eyes checked out at 20/15 yesterday. Got a new pair of Costa Permits with 501 glass in green tint on copper lens. I put the top down today and drove 60miles on clear bluesunny afternoon No problems just good vision.
Thanks Bascom Palmer.
fltsfshr
PS i not using reader either.
Do your eyes now look like your avatar?
Old 02-14-2019, 06:51 PM
NBM LS1 M6
CF Senior Member

Location: I helped our former POSOTUS return the wealth of America to its rightful owners one parcel of real e

Originally Posted by Tri-Tip View Post
Your eye surgeon is a member of the Illuminati and has implanted special lenses in your eyes that will finally prevent you from seeing things that are not really there.
We will have to test that out.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:00 PM
Myfourth1
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by fltsfshr View Post
I had my 2nd eye done Monday.. I chose far vision rather than a compromise. Both eyes checked out at 20/15 yesterday. Got a new pair of Costa Permits with 501 glass in green tint on copper lens. I put the top down today and drove 60 miles on clear blue sunny afternoon No problems just good vision.
Thanks Bascom Palmer.
fltsfshr
PS i not using readers either.
Biggest mistake I ever made was choosing to be nearsighted instead of farsighted. I was tired of wearing reading glasses so I chose to see close. Now I can't see my golfball when I hit it and I still have to wear distance glasses and drugstore reading glasses.....of course my surgery was done 27 years ago....and my surgeon's name was Lance.....LOL
Old 02-14-2019, 07:45 PM
OLE442
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I had my right eye done 10 years ago and the results were amazing! I no longer have eyeglasses needed as a restriction on my drivers license! I do have light sensitivity in the right eye but I can live with it. Hoping to eventually get the other eye done. I got the fixed lens so I need magnifiers to read. After dealing with the readers, off and on, where the heck are they??….. I just had the eye doc to make me a set of glasses with no prescription in the right wye, normal prescription in the left wye and bi-focals so I can read, I wear them all the time but can switch to sunglasses at anytime time. And I can drive without them. The procedure was easier than going to the dentist.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:57 PM
NBM LS1 M6
CF Senior Member

Now, after a month since the second surgery, I am very happy with the results. I asked the doctor about the near vs. far choice. but she told me she does it only one way.

I now have very clear far vision and no longer need glasses to drive, etc.

The best thing I did was invest in Rx glasses for reading and not just drug store classes. I tried the later for a couple weeks. I also invested in computer glasses. For readin, I invested a little extra money in progressive lenses. Now I do not have to take off my glasses.

I also bought some yellow night driving ski glasses. Ten bucks helped down glare at night, and I am using the dark wrap around glassed from the surgery for day time driving. We have gotten a couple feet of snow here in the past few weeks. It is very white out there.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:44 AM
pastorbrad
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Who if any amongst you had the initial procedure done by laser instead of the simple (mechanical) version?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Post-Cataract Surgery Sensitivity To Light.

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: