Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Pedal Commander

Old 02-11-2019, 03:43 AM
Zeliti

Default Pedal Commander

I just saw a video on Youtube for this product https://10carbest.com/pedal-commander-review I have never used one before and not sure if I ever will. I was curious if any of you guys have had any experience with it?

Last edited by Zeliti; 02-14-2019 at 02:30 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:24 AM
grandpawmoses
CF Senior Member

Repeating his approval:
"That's so cool. I'm a happy camper".

What more can you ask for?
Old 02-11-2019, 09:16 AM
TwoSmoke
CF Senior Member

I prefer my foot.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:47 AM
scottycards
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

All it does is boost the throttle signal.

Pressing the pedal does the exact same thing.

Dumbest product of all time.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:07 AM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
All it does is boost the throttle signal.

Pressing the pedal does the exact same thing.

Dumbest product of all time.
I don't know about that. My '12 6-speed Sonic has the "fly by wire" throttle and it pisses me off to no end. In the summer when I'm running the A/C, I can be sitting at a light. When the light turns green, I press the gas but the engine nearly dies (sometimes it does) because the RPM don't come up as I press the accelerator. I'm sure it's some EPA bullshit, but there's a very noticeable lag between the time the pedal is pressed and the time engine speed increases.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:14 AM
flange
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '14

So you joined this month to post your product and hope to boost sales? even funnier that its a version for a ram since there are nine threads about rams lately.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:27 AM
davepl
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,417 Times in 947 Posts

A product like this is all over the C7 forums. I could actually see buying one for a Silverado, which has a terrible default throttle map, or even an M7 Z06 which is grim off idle. But there's nothing here you can't learn to do with your foot instinctively pretty quickly.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:30 AM
scottycards
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by VegasJen View Post
I don't know about that. My '12 6-speed Sonic has the "fly by wire" throttle and it pisses me off to no end. In the summer when I'm running the A/C, I can be sitting at a light. When the light turns green, I press the gas but the engine nearly dies (sometimes it does) because the RPM don't come up as I press the accelerator. I'm sure it's some EPA bullshit, but there's a very noticeable lag between the time the pedal is pressed and the time engine speed increases.
Drop a couple hundred on a Pedal Commander and let us know how that works out for you.

It's a bullshit product. My Lexus has a "Power" driving mode, does the same thing- boosts the throttle signal. There's no extra power, no extra torque. Exact same result as pressing the pedal further. It just makes the throttle tip-in a little more touchy. Nothing more.

OP post is :
Old 02-11-2019, 10:46 AM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by flange View Post
So you joined this month to post your product and hope to boost sales?
You've heard of the term "shill," haven't you?
Old 02-11-2019, 11:09 AM
Cygnus
CF Senior Member

I use a different brand on my Mustang GT and GT 350. They make a huge difference as Ford has the worst drive by wire lag there is. Never felt the need to install one on either of the vettes though.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:27 AM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
Drop a couple hundred on a Pedal Commander and let us know how that works out for you.

It's a bullshit product. My Lexus has a "Power" driving mode, does the same thing- boosts the throttle signal. There's no extra power, no extra torque. Exact same result as pressing the pedal further. It just makes the throttle tip-in a little more touchy. Nothing more.

OP post is :
I'm not going to be dropping any coin on dude's product, but there is a need. I would challenge Cygnus on Ford's fly by wire being the worst there is. Absolutely hate not having a mechanical link between my right foot and the throttle blade.

As it stands, if I ever get off my *** I have a finger switch I plan to install on my transmission linkage. Just going to kill the signal to the A/C compressor any time the trans is in first gear. I'll see how that works. $5 for a switch is a lot cheaper than a tune or "Pedal Commander". And if it doesn't make a difference, I'm only out $5.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:47 AM
scottycards
CF Senior Member

As it stands, if I ever get off my *** I have a finger switch I plan to install on my transmission linkage. Just going to kill the signal to the A/C compressor any time the trans is in first gear. I'll see how that works. $5 for a switch is a lot cheaper than a tune or "Pedal Commander". And if it doesn't make a difference, I'm only out $5.
Nice. I remember the old "Pass Master" device that was an AC bypass that was vacuum actuated. It was a switch that would disable the AC so that the car had more power available when intake manifold vacuum dropped.

When I was a little kid, I helped my Dad install one on his 1973 C3. Nail the throttle, and the AC would cut out until there was enough vacuum in the manifold to run the compressor again.

I think you'll actually notice a real gain in available HP with your $5 mod.

Link to pass master info, if you're interested: https://nepis.epa.gov/Exe/ZyNET.exe/...es=1&ZyEntry=1
Old 02-11-2019, 04:36 PM
Cygnus
CF Senior Member

I'm not going to be dropping any coin on dude's product, but there is a need. I would challenge Cygnus on Ford's fly by wire being the worst there is. Absolutely hate not having a mechanical link between my right foot and the throttle blade.

There is actually someone making cars with worse lag? I've driven turbo cars made in the 80's that had less lag than my 350 had when I bought it.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:40 PM
Swany00
CF Senior Member

so this isn't legit?
Old 02-11-2019, 04:41 PM
The Creeper
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Craptastic!
Old 02-11-2019, 04:51 PM
flange
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Swany00 View Post
so this isn't legit?
Well, technically its legit, but probably unnecessary. In lieu of pushing your throttle down harder it ramps the voltage to the control faster, essentially changing the responsiveness. I suspect it can make the vehicle seem more responsive, but it doesn't add any horsepower or anything like that.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:04 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Swany00 View Post
so this isn't legit?
It's the gas pedal equivalent of The Turbonator.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:00 PM
Cygnus
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by flange View Post
Well, technically its legit, but probably unnecessary. In lieu of pushing your throttle down harder it ramps the voltage to the control faster, essentially changing the responsiveness. I suspect it can make the vehicle seem more responsive, but it doesn't add any horsepower or anything like that.
I don't use the brand the OP named, but I use a similar device in both Mustangs and it does remove the pedal lag (drive by wire). The product that I use made no claims about HP or anything other than eliminating the lag and it does that perfectly.

Whether eliminating the pedal lag is necessary or not, I would say that it depends on the person. If you don't mind it, no need to drop a few hundred bucks. For me, the lag was annoying and worth every cent spent to get rid of it.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:26 AM
ojm
CF Senior Member

So if I use that video for example I could set my carb on my old truck higher and get the same nonsense....just higher rev what the hell is improved? except less money in our wallet.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:38 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: 1.Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me... 2.Build the WALL!
St. Jude Donor '09

This sounds similar to the Vitesse controller, which works.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pedal Commander

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: