Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Finally got my new exercise equipment in!

Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Finally got my new exercise equipment in!

Old 03-07-2019, 02:20 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by VegasJen View Post
Guess what's in the box.
Something for Kegel exercises?
Old 03-07-2019, 02:23 PM
Knooger
CF Senior Member

CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06, '07, '11, '17

I've got a piece of exercise equipment coming today. I'm guessing I'll have better luck with it all going together.

Unlike VJ, I'll let everyone see inside of my box.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:37 PM
CurtP
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Knooger View Post
I'll let everyone see inside of my box.
It's surprisingly clean and unmangled.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:41 PM
Knooger
CF Senior Member

CI 6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by CurtP View Post
It's surprisingly clean and unmangled.
Here's the outside of my box(es).

Old 03-07-2019, 02:45 PM
919cw313
CF Senior Member

2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Old 03-07-2019, 02:46 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by HighRoadNeece View Post
Are they roller blades?

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

Sadly, these are going back, but I already have a new set of Bonts on the way.

So the details of this cluster goes like this. I was doing some shopping a few weeks ago (even more frustrating is I had to wait three weeks just to get the wrong ****) and found an ad for Bont skates for $250. For those of you who don't know, Bont is a big name and they supply some of the Olympic teams. At $250, these are definitely entry level, but I figured I would step up and get some good skates finally. I bought a used pair about 15 years ago from Ebay, but they were too big and I've just been stuffing stuff inside trying to get them to fit. I finally got so fed up with the poor fit that I just stopped skating, which sucks because I really enjoy skating. So this company advertises these skates as a package, "some assembly required". I get the skates this morning and unpack everything only to find out that the frames are too small for the boots. I call the seller and they have the correct frame but the wheels to fit the frame are an additional $50. Personally, I think this is wrong. They advertised a complete package for $250. I got all the parts, they just don't work together. To get the right parts, I have to send some of the stuff back and pay an upgrade charge to get a complete set of skates I can, you know, actually skate in. So my $250 skates were going to cost me $300. Turns out I went on the Bont site and found some clearance skates for $160 ($180 shipped). Probably going to have to wait another week to get them <grrrrr!> but they will be fully assembled and ready to go.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:50 PM
HighRoadNeece
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

Sadly, these are going back, but I already have a new set of Bonts on the way.

So the details of this cluster goes like this. I was doing some shopping a few weeks ago (even more frustrating is I had to wait three weeks just to get the wrong ****) and found an ad for Bont skates for $250. For those of you who don't know, Bont is a big name and they supply some of the Olympic teams. At $250, these are definitely entry level, but I figured I would step up and get some good skates finally. I bought a used pair about 15 years ago from Ebay, but they were too big and I've just been stuffing stuff inside trying to get them to fit. I finally got so fed up with the poor fit that I just stopped skating, which sucks because I really enjoy skating. So this company advertises these skates as a package, "some assembly required". I get the skates this morning and unpack everything only to find out that the frames are too small for the boots. I call the seller and they have the correct frame but the wheels to fit the frame are an additional $50. Personally, I think this is wrong. They advertised a complete package for $250. I got all the parts, they just don't work together. To get the right parts, I have to send some of the stuff back and pay an upgrade charge to get a complete set of skates I can, you know, actually skate in. So my $250 skates were going to cost me $300. Turns out I went on the Bont site and found some clearance skates for $160 ($180 shipped). Probably going to have to wait another week to get them <grrrrr!> but they will be fully assembled and ready to go.
That sounds like bullshit! What a hassle! Good luck with sending them back and getting the others. I thought about trying some out because with the University of Georgia all around me there is plenty of places to skate. They used to have a roller blade race here in Athens that went all the way to Atlanta, went along with a bicycle festival. Man what nice thighs those guys always had!
Old 03-07-2019, 02:54 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

That sounds like bullshit! What a hassle! Good luck with sending them back and getting the others. I thought about trying some out because with the University of Georgia all around me there is plenty of places to skate. They used to have a roller blade race here in Athens that went all the way to Atlanta, went along with a bicycle festival. Man what nice thighs those guys always had!
If you wore a man's shoe, what size do you wear? I have a set that I bought about a year ago that don't fit me. They're used, but literally like new. They're a men's size 8, which is odd because if I wear a men's shoe, I normally wear a 7.5 or 8. But I learned, for whatever reason, skates aren't sized the same way, so these size 8 are more like a men's size 7. If you normally wear an 8 or 9 (women's) these might fit pretty well. They're just sitting here so if you're interested in giving them a try, I'll send them to you.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:57 PM
HighRoadNeece
CF Senior Member

If you wore a man's shoe, what size do you wear? I have a set that I bought about a year ago that don't fit me. They're used, but literally like new. They're a men's size 8, which is odd because if I wear a men's shoe, I normally wear a 7.5 or 8. But I learned, for whatever reason, skates aren't sized the same way, so these size 8 are more like a men's size 7. If you normally wear an 8 or 9 (women's) these might fit pretty well. They're just sitting here so if you're interested in giving them a try, I'll send them to you.
I really appreciate your gesture but they would probably be too small. I wear a nine in regular shoes but in running/athletic shoes I go up a half size, sometimes a whole size, so they would probably be too small. So far my knees and hips are holding up pretty well from the years of running but I may have to try out rollerblading when I can no longer run. Don't forget your helmet and knee pads....and gloves!
Old 03-07-2019, 03:05 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

I really appreciate your gesture but they would probably be too small. I wear a nine in regular shoes but in running/athletic shoes I go up a half size, sometimes a whole size, so they would probably be too small. So far my knees and hips are holding up pretty well from the years of running but I may have to try out rollerblading when I can no longer run. Don't forget your helmet and knee pads....and gloves!
Surprising. I'm just a little bigger than you. Normally wear a 10 but I fit into a 9.5W if I can find them. And you're probably right. I can get my foot in those skates, but my toes are all crunched up. No way could I actually skate in them.

I have a helmet and wrist guards but don't wear knee pads because I never go down!

Old 03-07-2019, 03:06 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Skating.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:06 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 03-07-2019, 03:07 PM
HighRoadNeece
CF Senior Member

Surprising. I'm just a little bigger than you. Normally wear a 10 but I fit into a 9.5W if I can find them. And you're probably right. I can get my foot in those skates, but my toes are all crunched up. No way could I actually skate in them.

I have a helmet and wrist guards but don't wear knee pads because I never go down!

I am 5'7", with long fingers and toes. I think with any athletic footwear you need to account for going downhills, and need more room, especially in the toe box.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:07 PM
Knooger
CF Senior Member

CI 6-7-8 Veteran

Old 03-07-2019, 05:40 PM
Gordon Shumway
CF Senior Member

When it comes to skating, it is not a matter of if, it's a matter of when you're going down. There is no place that exists outside that doesn't have plenty of landmines like a rock, a twig, road damage, etc that can bring you to an ignominious halt in a nanosecond. I was an avid skater for many years up until I hit the ripe old age of 65. Skated 12-15 miles (briskly) 5-7 days a week. I thought I was never going down as well, and I didn't for the most part. But the older you get, the less forgiving and more painful asphalt becomes. I went two years between my last two crashes, but they were both pretty bad, and I decided enough was enough, and have been riding a road bike since.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:52 PM
VandelayIndustries
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
A rocking chair, with a surprise. (notice the pink head?)
Old 03-07-2019, 10:54 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
When it comes to skating, it is not a matter of if, it's a matter of when you're going down. There is no place that exists outside that doesn't have plenty of landmines like a rock, a twig, road damage, etc that can bring you to an ignominious halt in a nanosecond. I was an avid skater for many years up until I hit the ripe old age of 65. Skated 12-15 miles (briskly) 5-7 days a week. I thought I was never going down as well, and I didn't for the most part. But the older you get, the less forgiving and more painful asphalt becomes. I went two years between my last two crashes, but they were both pretty bad, and I decided enough was enough, and have been riding a road bike since.
It was a joke. Of course, I've gone down a time or two. But like you, at my level, it's always because something takes me down. But that's why I wear the helmet and wrist guards. I also only skate circle track so before I get up to pace, I do a few slow laps looking for any debris that could ruin my day.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:04 PM
ratflinger
NCM Grand Opening Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11, '17

Let me keep it going for a little while and I'll give it up.
Spoken like a true woman!
Old 03-07-2019, 11:06 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ratflinger View Post
Spoken like a true woman!
You know I think about how anything I write will be interpreted, right?
Old 03-08-2019, 06:54 AM
grandpawmoses
CF Senior Member

And I'm very excited about it. But since this is OT, who wants to play a game?

Guess what's in the box. Just curious to see if anybody can guess before assembly. If any of you have been paying attention, it shouldn't be too hard. I have my stalkers.

I had to put the bill over the logo so it wasn't a give-away.
Originally Posted by Knooger View Post
Here's the outside of my box(es).

With that kind of cash in our pockets, you should go with me to the track.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally got my new exercise equipment in!

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: