Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Ex-Wife of $273 Million Lottery Winner does Not want him back: 'I have morals'

Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Ex-Wife of $273 Million Lottery Winner does Not want him back: 'I have morals'

Old 03-09-2019, 03:17 PM
Mikeceli
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by sabastian458 View Post
why?

he won the lottery after their divorce. He doesnít have to do a thing. He could even keep collecting spousal support and the lottery money.

We we donít know the details of their prior living arrangements. We know they both went through a successful divorce. One could assume they both had divorce lawyers, and even assume they had been in front of a judge at least once. After the divorce their finalized and agreed divorce had her paying him. It was settled.

The divorce process is rediculously skewed and flawed. Much like a lot of our legal system. Would all of yíall saying he needs to pay up say the same thing if it was the wife who won and was getting spousal support from the husband? NOPE. Youíd be saying good for her!

Hypocrisy. Itís everywhere.
My wife and I are coming up on 35 happy years, so maybe my opinion is prejudiced.
Old 03-09-2019, 04:01 PM
ClipperFan
CF Senior Member

My Maserati does 185. I lost my license, now I don't drive
Old 03-09-2019, 06:10 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by corvettezman View Post
She worked and he never did. She always supported him while he sat his *** at home. He was even taking spousal support from her with the divorce. Sounds like he's the bitch.
At least now she won't have to support his lazy ***.
Thanks for that. Nice to see someone looking through unbiased eyes in a forum full of men who always grouse about how evil women are and are the source of all their woes. Sounds like he's a deadbeat and she's standing up for herself. Good for her but too bad she couldn't make a claim on some of that.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:16 PM
Der Flieger
CF Senior Member

From what I've read, the guy is a jerk who lived off his wife for many years. If it were me, I would lay $10m on her just for the time she spent supporting his sorry ***. Bad things will happen to that ********.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:39 PM
Vetteman Jack
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 3,940 Times in 3,445 Posts
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by sabastian458 View Post
why?

he won the lottery after their divorce. He doesnít have to do a thing. He could even keep collecting spousal support and the lottery money.

We we donít know the details of their prior living arrangements. We know they both went through a successful divorce. One could assume they both had divorce lawyers, and even assume they had been in front of a judge at least once. After the divorce their finalized and agreed divorce had her paying him. It was settled.

The divorce process is rediculously skewed and flawed. Much like a lot of our legal system. Would all of yíall saying he needs to pay up say the same thing if it was the wife who won and was getting spousal support from the husband? NOPE. Youíd be saying good for her!

Hypocrisy. Itís everywhere.
i agree. He doesnít owe her any of the lottery winnings but if he chooses to share than that is his option.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:18 PM
WICKEDFRC
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by VegasJen View Post
Thanks for that. Nice to see someone looking through unbiased eyes in a forum full of men who always grouse about how evil women are and are the source of all their woes. Sounds like he's a deadbeat and she's standing up for herself. Good for her but too bad she couldn't make a claim on some of that.
Marital circumstances are irrelevant. That is most likely why they got divorced anyway.

That aside, would you say the same if after the divorce were finalized, she won $273 Million, that he was entitled to her money?

Can't have it both ways.

A divorce is a divorce. Whatever happens thereafter has absolutely NOTHING to do with their marriage or their divorce decree; good, bad, or indifferent.

She isn't entitled to ****.

And if the situation were reversed, he wouldn't be entitled to ****.

Now. If the $273 million winning lottery ticket drawing was on a date prior to the wrap of the gavel..... she is entitled to whatever the law allows for their state.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:18 PM
saleen556
CF Senior Member

Iím just speaking legally she is owed nothing. I have nothing against women at all. Just feel after a divorce is finalized itís done.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:25 PM
Greg00Coupe
CF Senior Member

In 10 years he’ll be back being broke
Old 03-09-2019, 07:42 PM
ClipperFan
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ClipperFan View Post
My Maserati does 185. I lost my license, now I don't drive
It's tuff to handle this fortune and fame. Everybody's so different, I haven't changed. Lol
Old 03-09-2019, 08:06 PM
C5Longhorn
CF Senior Member

Since they are legally divorced he doesn't owe her anything, but the spousal support should cease.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:48 PM
LarsAtTheBeach
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe View Post
In 10 years heíll be back being broke
Old 03-09-2019, 09:51 PM
Z06PSI
1SG of the Goon Squad
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17-'18

Originally Posted by vettebuyer6369 View Post
Yankee Fan. ĎNuff said.
From New Jersey. 'Nuff said.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:51 PM
Z06PSI
1SG of the Goon Squad
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '17-'18

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe View Post
In 10 years heíll be back being broke
Hookers and blow.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:29 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

Good on her for having integrity.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:50 AM
Skid Row Joe
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,052 Times in 835 Posts

That guy's a dork. She might be just as bad. All in the family.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:19 AM
Tennis & Golf Nut
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
Good on her for having integrity.
Integrity = Zero

If she had any she would have kept her piehole shut.

Instead, she has cried to every media source that she will not go back and "If HE has any integrity, he would pay her back for the 15 years she supported his Fugly *** and cancel the alimony."

She could have called him and had a Private conversation, instead, she tells the media he's a ******* loser, and probably is.

Yep, she's pissed off and jealous and I don't blame her.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:39 AM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC View Post
Marital circumstances are irrelevant. That is most likely why they got divorced anyway.

That aside, would you say the same if after the divorce were finalized, she won $273 Million, that he was entitled to her money?

Can't have it both ways.

A divorce is a divorce. Whatever happens thereafter has absolutely NOTHING to do with their marriage or their divorce decree; good, bad, or indifferent.

She isn't entitled to ****.

And if the situation were reversed, he wouldn't be entitled to ****.

Now. If the $273 million winning lottery ticket drawing was on a date prior to the wrap of the gavel..... she is entitled to whatever the law allows for their state.
Originally Posted by saleen556 View Post
Iím just speaking legally she is owed nothing. I have nothing against women at all. Just feel after a divorce is finalized itís done.
At no point did I say she was entitled to anything. I said "it's too bad she can't make a claim". Now if you read that the way I wrote it (intentionally, I might add) "it's too bad" means I wish it were the case, but I recognize it's not. So you guys calling me out need to take some reading comprehension classes. In a just world a judge would stay her spousal support order and even consider awarding her a share. But it's not a just world and we all know it.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:51 AM
BoostManiac
CF Senior Member

Location: Deplorable 160 Proof Olde Anglo-Saxon in Atlanta, GA

Originally Posted by rougewave View Post
He'll be surrounded by 20-something supermodels who just want him for his money. Good for him!!!
He'll be dead and/or broke again in 10 years.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:19 AM
Railroadman
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-Ď19

Originally Posted by BoostManiac View Post
He'll be dead and/or broke again in 10 years.
Or less.

Articles suggest he's a slug who let her support him. Proves once again there's no such thing as karma. Good and bad things happen to good and bad people, at random. Otherwise she would have been the one to win, to make up for supporting him all those years.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:37 AM
saleen556
CF Senior Member

At no point did I say she was entitled to anything. I said "it's too bad she can't make a claim". Now if you read that the way I wrote it (intentionally, I might add) "it's too bad" means I wish it were the case, but I recognize it's not. So you guys calling me out need to take some reading comprehension classes. In a just world a judge would stay her spousal support order and even consider awarding her a share. But it's not a just world and we all know it.
I was just explaining my point of view. I agree that a judge could stop the spousal support. However it would be absolutely ridiculous for a judge to award her any portion of the lottery win as it was after the divorce.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ex-Wife of $273 Million Lottery Winner does Not want him back: 'I have morals'

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: