Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Corvette on a budget

Old 03-14-2019, 11:50 PM
coletrickle35
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by zr1fred View Post
But C5s are about 30%-40% less, and are more reliable than the C4s. If you get a C5, just get a 2001 or newer. While almost identical to the earlier ones, they have most of the upgrades. If you liked driving a C4, you'll most likely love the C5s. Noticeably more power better handling, and despite what some here will say, more reliable, noticeably. That said, the newest C5 is 15 years old, and geriatric problems cause most of the problems.
Go for a C5 everybody knows running old equipment this much more affordable then making a payment
Old 03-15-2019, 03:25 AM
mrvette
CF Senior Member

OLD ET here, so rebuilt my '72 witch was an old show car, flares and tail lights left over from those daze with previous owners, it used to be Burgundy color....but since '95 the car has grown many mods in the mechanical dept, from wheels through roof, stem to stern, nothing stock....I mean NOTHING!!!!!

OK, the front control arms.....

I have several of the C4 1227730 speed density computers, and a couple of aftermarket chips....

SBC 4 bolt truck block, roller motor, L98 heads, LT1 highly modified induction, I built the 200 4r auto overdrive for it,....those are just the drive train, rack steering , HBoost brakes, O ring SS calipers,

SO basically I have a toy that don't depreciate, I spend more time working on it than driving it, only put 5k miles on it in two years....yawn......see pix, link below....

Last edited by mrvette; 03-15-2019 at 03:27 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:14 AM
Zeek
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07, '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19
Official Sponsor of the 60 Day VacatioNN
10,000 poster in the "thread" Part II

Originally Posted by mrscott25 View Post
That's cuz the C5 crowd are paupers and CFOT be ballah's!

Seriously though. No one can give you a serious well thought out answer about the value of a car based on a Craigslist ad.

The ONLY way you are going to figure out if its worth $3K or $10K is to go see it, check it out, drive it, and decide for yourself. Fair to ask questions like what to look for, common issues, known defects etc. but put no value in a dollar amount from an enthusiast who is basing their conclusion on how good the seller's photography skills are.
Got an appointment to see it on Saturday at 2pm. Hes about an hour and a half from me. Will keep yall posted....
Old 03-15-2019, 10:03 AM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
OLD ET here, so rebuilt my '72 witch was an old show car, flares and tail lights left over from those daze with previous owners, it used to be Burgundy color....but since '95 the car has grown many mods in the mechanical dept, from wheels through roof, stem to stern, nothing stock....I mean NOTHING!!!!!

OK, the front control arms.....

I have several of the C4 1227730 speed density computers, and a couple of aftermarket chips....

SBC 4 bolt truck block, roller motor, L98 heads, LT1 highly modified induction, I built the 200 4r auto overdrive for it,....those are just the drive train, rack steering , HBoost brakes, O ring SS calipers,

SO basically I have a toy that don't depreciate, I spend more time working on it than driving it, only put 5k miles on it in two years....yawn......see pix, link below....
An LT1 in a chrome bumper. Don't see that very often.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:08 PM
Zeek
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by K-Spaz View Post
An LT1 in a chrome bumper. Don't see that very often.
Or anyone recycling those ugly C4 wheels....I will say this....it's certainly different....
Old 03-16-2019, 08:52 PM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
Got an appointment to see it on Saturday at 2pm. Hes about an hour and a half from me. Will keep yall posted....
( this emoticon chosen from the menu)
Old 03-16-2019, 09:31 PM
Zeek
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by K-Spaz View Post
( this emoticon chosen from the menu)
Oh yeah....I made him an offer of 8k....he said he didnt HAVE to sell but came down to 8900....Since he could not come up with any paper work for the engine/trans rebuild, I told him to call me when he WANTS to sell...He does not have to sell and I dont have to buy. When he wants to sell (at 8k) then I will want to buy....
Old 03-16-2019, 09:47 PM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
Oh yeah....I made him an offer of 8k....he said he didnt HAVE to sell but came down to 8900....Since he could not come up with any paper work for the engine/trans rebuild, I told him to call me when he WANTS to sell...He does not have to sell and I dont have to buy. When he wants to sell (at 8k) then I will want to buy....
You're probably both making the right choice. You don't want it for the money he wants and he will likely get more money out of it if he just Waits.

I saw you had a thread in C5 gen and to answer one of your questions there, the 97 to 00 cars don't scare me one bit. My 98 was as nice as any they made. That ebcm thing was so overblown for the several years. Probably started by some guys that owned 01s to 04s and wanted something to make their cars worth a couple more bucks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette on a budget

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: