Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

New tool chest for my birthday!

Old 03-13-2019, 09:41 PM
I got your ZO6
CF Senior Member

Default New tool chest for my birthday!

A little off topic but wife got me a new tool chest for my Birthday, it replaces my old tool chest otherwise known as the floor!

It's the Husky 72" powder coated chest with the adjustable height bench top. So far I'm very impressed with the quality and the fact that all drawers are rated 100 lbs with a few having 200 lbs capacity

Old 03-13-2019, 09:44 PM
Steven Bell
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 3,727 Times in 2,329 Posts
St. Jude Donor'15

Looks great....happy birthday.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:49 PM
MlwYlw
CF Senior Member

She's a keeper!

Nice Spring supplies on top!!
Old 03-13-2019, 11:08 PM
ImpliedConsent
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by I got your ZO6 View Post
A little off topic but wife got me...
Originally Posted by Steven Bell View Post
Off Topic maybe?
Old 03-13-2019, 11:11 PM
wadenelson
CF Senior Member

I bought this Snappy on the side of the road after PO ground the wheels completely off of it. He was insistent on "Not taking a ******* penny less than $1000" I only gave him $500, pointing out over and over he "Definitely wasn't going any further!" He hurled his tools into the sedan's trunk and took off, squealing his unweighted front tires moments after I handed him the cash.

"Aren't you gonna help me load it? Nah, it's yer problem now!" What an asswipe!

I might be too if I had just unloaded a box I still owed big bucks on for $500.

A good-guy State Trooper stopped and helped me lift it into the back of my truck after first threatening to ticket me for losing my "Unsecured load." I wasn't 100% sure he believed my explanation. Even empty it was a bit much to lift. The rear end of the box was still hot from being dragged on the asphalt, rubber mat in the bottom drawer was "melty". Only minor damage though, new casters and it'll be fine **

** I am required by law to tell you I make **** up out of whole cloth and present it on the Internet as fact.

Last edited by wadenelson; 03-15-2019 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:23 PM
AE Guy
CF Senior Member

^ funny, but still a thread hijack.

Nice gift OP, you must have a great lady!
Old 03-14-2019, 06:01 AM
Ih2lose
CF Senior Member

Nice tool box,

I am going to give you some free advise, That will save you about $60.00 dollars a month SAY NO to the Adams coupons, You have enough, UNSUBSCRIBE . I am starting to hate the holidays having to open my email knowing Adams is going to have a great coupon for stuff I don't need, then to be strong enough to say NO and delete it only to get the follow up "time is running out" email warning and boom they get me, Its like Crack you know, one little dip in it and next thing you know you are full blown immersed in it with the special bucket and the special super soft polishing towels. I think I am going to sew mine in to a comforter I love them so much .

JUST SAY NO!
Old 03-14-2019, 08:23 AM
Monkey D. Luffy
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Steven Bell View Post
Originally Posted by MlwYlw View Post
She's a keeper!

Nice Spring supplies on top!!
Old 03-14-2019, 09:31 AM
dvilin
CF Senior Member

Thanked 3,048 Times in 2,178 Posts

Very nice, and Happy Birthday.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:15 AM
1Patriot
CF Senior Member

Don't forget to label the drawers. Saves time on locating where the tool may be. You can also rotate the labels later.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:38 AM
wadenelson
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1Patriot View Post
Don't forget to label the drawers. Saves time on locating where the tool may be. You can also rotate the labels later.
Sifting through drawers is the single biggest time-waster I see techs doing. And they do it all day long.

My "95%" tools are all hanging on pegboard. See 'em and reach for 'em. The box is for the other 5%.

But yes, labeling your drawers is a good idea. I started doing that, well my mother actually, when I went to summer camp.

Last edited by wadenelson; 03-14-2019 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:48 AM
mrscott25
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by wadenelson View Post
Sifting through drawers is the single biggest time-waster I see techs doing. And they do it all day long.

My "95%" tools are all hanging on pegboard. See 'em and reach for 'em. The box is for the other 5%.

But yes, labeling your drawers is a good idea. I started doing that, well my mother actually, when I went to summer camp.

X2 for good labels
Old 03-14-2019, 11:03 AM
wadenelson
CF Senior Member

I have one drawer labeled "LONG AND STIFF" From screwdrivers to magnetic pickups to tent poles if it's long and thin and can help me reach something deep inside of something else it's in there.

My wife tells me I should sleep in there...

I still cannot figure out in which drawer to put:

Plastic door lock clips (yellow & tan)
The .99 adapter you put in your cordless drill to drive a 1/4" or 3/8" socket.

The best thing that ever happened to me was I was at a salvage yard and found a trashed out old Craftsman box, completely FULL of nuts and bolts and washers -- I think they charged me $25 for it; a bolt bin that has served me a lifetime --- well up until the metric came in.

They loaded it into my truck with a forklift. Unloading it was a different ballgame.

Last edited by wadenelson; 03-14-2019 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:46 AM
BadUmp
CF Senior Member

A little off topic but wife got me a new tool chest for my Birthday, it replaces my old tool chest otherwise known as the floor!

It's the Husky 72" powder coated chest with the adjustable height bench top. So far I'm very impressed with the quality and the fact that all drawers are rated 100 lbs with a few having 200 lbs capacity

nice cabinet; now, you might want to get a piece of plexi-glass (or a rubber mat) for the top to protect it.

be careful though, these things have a tendency to multiple like rabbits if you're not watching . . .
Old 03-14-2019, 11:47 AM
919cw313
CF Senior Member

2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Pics of wife?
Old 03-14-2019, 11:59 AM
wadenelson
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by BadUmp View Post
nice cabinet; now, you might want to get a piece of plexi-glass (or a rubber mat) for the top to protect it.

be careful though, these things have a tendency to multiple like rabbits if you're not watching . . .
Ha! I recently decided I need a 6th? 7th? box for all my electrical repair tools and doodads. I've tried to keep it all "mobile" up till now so I could go help folks but nowadays demand they bring the vehicle to me. Too many times I end up needing OTHER tools even though it's an electrical repair job.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:34 PM
Humanoid 2.0
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

I thought you said you got a tool box not a wax table Happy b-day
Old 03-14-2019, 12:58 PM
I got your ZO6
CF Senior Member

Absolutely will protect the bench top, this cabinet should suit my needs for quite a while. You have a hell of a collection maybe one day I'll get master level but for now its just nice having my tools off the floor!

Ih2lose- I was starting my collection and ordered 3 of the mystery buckets. Fairly good deal but I'm don't with them now that I have a solid collection. Will start to branch out and try new products. My Z is my daily driver so it takes a lot to keep her clean.

Humanoid 2.0 - I assure you there are actual tools in the cabinets!
Old 03-14-2019, 02:51 PM
Ih2lose
CF Senior Member

Absolutely will protect the bench top, this cabinet should suit my needs for quite a while. You have a hell of a collection maybe one day I'll get master level but for now its just nice having my tools off the floor!

Ih2lose- I was starting my collection and ordered 3 of the mystery buckets. Fairly good deal but I'm don't with them now that I have a solid collection. Will start to branch out and try new products. My Z is my daily driver so it takes a lot to keep her clean.

Humanoid 2.0 - I assure you there are actual tools in the cabinets!
DAM those mystery buckets they get me every time , let me tell you one of the mystery bucket I got on sale ended up costing me allot of money, it had the butter creme polish, so I had to get a kit to do a claybar cleaning before putting on the buttery creme polish, then pads and a buffer to put on the butter creme that I got so affordably in my mystery bucket. Just like a crack dealer i tell you . they give you a little taste and then it opens pandoras box with all the goodies available. I hate to admit it but some times I shower with the pumpkin spice car was as it smells better then the old-spice body wash I currently use.wash I been using
Old 03-14-2019, 02:51 PM
ShadowGray19
CF Member

Nice gift. My tool chest has been full for years. Need another one but do not have room in the garage.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New tool chest for my birthday!

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: