Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

The "I Watched My Boat Leave With A New Owner" Thread...

Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

The "I Watched My Boat Leave With A New Owner" Thread...

Old 03-14-2019, 08:20 AM
War Eagle ZO6
Loser Sr.

St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14, '16-'17

Originally Posted by flange View Post
yes. turns out they are pretty good boats and have gained a following up here. pricing is rising so used ones are selling for what many of us paid originally.

Thatís awesome-good for you. Yes I like them, I almost bought a 230 a couple of years ago.... good looking boats.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:03 AM
flange
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by War Eagle ZO6 View Post

Thatís awesome-good for you. Yes I like them, I almost bought a 230 a couple of years ago.... good looking boats.

That's what I had. Ran that sucker offshore without fear, it handled well up to about 4.5 feet at two seconds, then it got rough. It was very dry due to the deep vee. With a 250 hanging on the back it topped out at about 48 with five people on board if it was relatively flat. I had zero issues with it in four seasons, EXCEPT the damn garmin. They used a shitty fitting for the cable connector and every now and again it would pop out. It was a salt water boat, but I kept it on a lift so it stayed nice.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:13 AM
War Eagle ZO6
Loser Sr.

St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14, '16-'17

That's what I had. Ran that sucker offshore without fear, it handled well up to about 4.5 feet at two seconds, then it got rough. It was very dry due to the deep vee. With a 250 hanging on the back it topped out at about 48 with five people on board if it was relatively flat. I had zero issues with it in four seasons, EXCEPT the damn garmin. They used a shitty fitting for the cable connector and every now and again it would pop out. It was a salt water boat, but I kept it on a lift so it stayed nice.
Whatís next man?
Old 03-14-2019, 09:54 AM
Capt. Shark
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Into the Mystic And yet, despite the look on my face, you're still talking TN
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-Ď18

my boat wasn't for sale, but someone made me an offer on mine that I just couldn't refuse. I owned it since new and had it four years. I sold for what I paid. now that weather is breaking I regret selling, lol
I've done that one time when I traded up one year. Other than that.......oh well.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:19 PM
Paul Borowski
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

...thanks for all the retirement well wishes-so far everyday's like a Saturday, but at the same time it seems like I'm busier now than when I worked 40-56hrs per week or more !!! LOL

Originally Posted by 03 A/E Coupe View Post
Whaddya gettin' rid of next ?

Reckon I can take over yer 06 Mustang GT Vert payments ? Wut that gonna be ? 'bout $22 a mont ?
...actually I just put my '16 Harley Trike up for sale. Want to use the other vehicles more, need to put a new gas tank in the '68 convertible and cruise it more. My '06 Mustang GT 5spd conv that I ordered new just turned 16K miles last summer. One of the most comfortable cruising cars I've ever owned. In 13 yrs I've only ever put a battery in it & changed the oil & filter. Got caught in a light rain one time since new. It's just been a great fun driving car.

2006 Mustang GT convertible, ordered & bought new.

2016 Harley TriGlide
Old 03-14-2019, 02:56 PM
coletrickle35
CF Senior Member

Got a good deal on a 25-foot Hawaiian spent $1,000 on gas during a overnighter spirited trip decided to get rid of it. Actually got a little more than I paid for it and bought a 18 foot flat bottom jet boat with With Merlin 502 had it for a couple years. A shark waiting at the gas station offered me way more than I paid for it one day coming home and I could not refuse. Another flat bottom jet boat Old's Rocket 455 had it for a couple years. Sold it to some random guy apparently he got pulled over on his way to the lake and the boat was impounded got a notice from the impound yard a couple months later to come and claim my boat went down there $900 later had the boat back. Apparently he never went and claimed it. Kept the 455 for another year and decided to give up boating last year sold it again.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:48 PM
Paul Borowski
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by coletrickle35 View Post
Got a good deal on a 25-foot Hawaiian spent $1,000 on gas during a overnighter spirited trip decided to get rid of it. Actually got a little more than I paid for it and bought a 18 foot flat bottom jet boat with With Merlin 502 had it for a couple years. A shark waiting at the gas station offered me way more than I paid for it one day coming home and I could not refuse. Another flat bottom jet boat Old's Rocket 455 had it for a couple years. Sold it to some random guy apparently he got pulled over on his way to the lake and the boat was impounded got a notice from the impound yard a couple months later to come and claim my boat went down there $900 later had the boat back. Apparently he never went and claimed it. Kept the 455 for another year and decided to give up boating last year sold it again.
...those flat bottom Berkley jet drive boats are insane & a frk'in blast on the water. My friend in high school in 1979 had a '74 Marlin 19ft jet boat with a 454ci single 4bbl with through hull exhaust. Think it was 335-360hp. Must have done 68-75mph(maybe faster, felt super fast but you're practically laying on top of the water)with that huge stream of water coming out of that jet drive as you're rocketing across the water. Also, without a lower unit/rudder down in the water, you could slide/drift that boat(on smooth water)like a sprint car when turning!!!. What a BLAST!!! Gas was probably around $1.15 then I think, but we we're high schoolers putting $80 a weekend in gas in that thing. We used to drag race other boaters for hours-don't ever remember getting beat in it. At full throttle(which was alot of the time)going across the water you could literally watch that gas gauge move downward. He only had it the one summer, but damn we put so much fuel through that thing!!!
Old 03-14-2019, 04:34 PM
coletrickle35
CF Senior Member

Yes flat bottom jet boating is a blast and I spent many weekends racing!
Be happy you sold your Bust Out Another Thousand!
I have no regrets getting out when I did
Old 03-14-2019, 06:00 PM
calwldlife
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by War Eagle ZO6 View Post
Itís sad selling a boat, I prefer to just keep them.

yup.
anything with memories attached is hard to give up.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:09 PM
LarsAtTheBeach
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by calwldlife View Post
yup.
anything with memories attached is hard to give up.
I have no emotional attachment to any car truck boat motorcycle home property, etc. I admit to an attachment to a few carpentry tools because they were my pops.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:55 PM
calwldlife
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by LarsAtTheBeach View Post
I have no emotional attachment to any car truck boat motorcycle home property, etc. I admit to an attachment to a few carpentry tools because they were my pops.
welll you are just an unfeeling meanie.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:05 PM
Patsgarage
CF Senior Member

I gave mine to my BIL a few years ago, so now I get "visitation" rights without all the other hassles. Win, win.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:00 AM
Paul Borowski
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by Patsgarage View Post
I gave mine to my BIL a few years ago, so now I get "visitation" rights without all the other hassles. Win, win.
...I've been saying even a couple of years before I sold my boat that "Boating Is Best Enjoyed On Someone Else's"!!!
Old 03-15-2019, 06:14 AM
03 A/E Coupe
CF Senior Member

You gotta git out to some car shows in yer pampered GT

Just go easy on the clutch when exiting the show you don't want yer baby starring in one of those crowd plow videos
Old 03-15-2019, 02:30 PM
Paul Borowski
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by 03 A/E Coupe View Post
You gotta git out to some car shows in yer pampered GT

Just go easy on the clutch when exiting the show you don't want yer baby starring in one of those crowd plow videos
HAHAHAHAHA, with only a 300hp 4.6 281ci V8, I don't know how if it could even spin the tires very much-never really tried. Yeah, and I've seen many of those videos. Talk about loosing your pride crashing your car leaving a car show!!!

Last edited by Paul Borowski; 03-15-2019 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:07 PM
Patsgarage
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Paul Borowski View Post
...I've been saying even a couple of years before I sold my boat that "Boating Is Best Enjoyed On Someone Else's"!!!

It is just like a pool or anything else that requires a lot of upkeep. You don't want one, but you do want a friend who does.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:38 AM
CP
CF Senior Member

Did you lose any guns in the lake?
Old 03-17-2019, 06:26 PM
GS Ragtop
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'11

Originally Posted by Patsgarage View Post

It is just like a pool or anything else that requires a lot of upkeep. You don't want one, but you do want a friend who does.
That would be me, Paul. Come up to Michigan this summer and we'll bring back a cooler full of salmon.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:01 PM
Patsgarage
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by GS Ragtop View Post
That would be me, Paul. Come up to Michigan this summer and we'll bring back a cooler full of salmon.
Road trip !
Old 03-17-2019, 10:50 PM
Paul Borowski
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by GS Ragtop View Post
...I may have to take you up on that someday now that I'm retired & everyday is like a Saturday!!!

Owning A Boat Is Kinda Like Owning A Swimming Pool-One Guy Does All The F'kin Work

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The "I Watched My Boat Leave With A New Owner" Thread...

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: