Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Talk me into or out of buying this truck.

Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Talk me into or out of buying this truck.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:50 PM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
My only question is can't you buy a very nice brand new pickup for $45K, that isn't two years old with 26K miles? I don't think I've ever seen a pickup advertised for less than $9K off MSRP. A brand new LTZ Z71 with an extra package or two is around $55K MSRP with none of the ubiquitous $9-$10K discounts. Paying $45K for a lift & cosmetics on that used model seems like a screwing of biblical proportions.
Thanks for confirming that. When I laugh as such things, everyone automatically thinks I'm just a cheap bastard and it's probably worth every penny.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:06 PM
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
My only question is can't you buy a very nice brand new pickup for $45K, that isn't two years old with 26K miles? I don't think I've ever seen a pickup advertised for less than $9K off MSRP. A brand new LTZ Z71 with an extra package or two is around $55K MSRP with none of the ubiquitous $9-$10K discounts. Paying $45K for a lift & cosmetics on that used model seems like a screwing of biblical proportions.
Here's the thing I discovered selling lifted bro mobiles for a few years; buyers who want lifted trucks want to buy them lifted. So that's the mindset you have to understand.

So a brand new "Black widow" 2019 LTZ Z71 4x4 Crew with dealer installed color matched fender flairs, ranch style bumper, 6" lift with 35's on 20's would retail for around $65,000. And trust me they know they don't have to budge much, because???

Buyers who want lifted trucks want to buy them lifted.

So yeah Gixxer could find a deal on a new one for $47k ish but he'd be at $57k ish if he wanted to set it up like the one in the OP. Given that, if he could get the truck in the OP for around $43,000 he'd save $14,000 compared to new.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:48 PM
LilNutSac
CF Member

Originally Posted by Meh View Post
Great comeback.
Yep! Lots of people on here keep saying that too. NOOB! It's like I'm on a middle school short bus, except not funny.
Originally Posted by Shakeydeal View Post
STFU newbie!
Newbie? If only I knew you nine years ago, we could have attended that insult's 30th birthday.
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
pleeaaasssee. Ever thought maybe you have bad taste? Please post a pic of your truck so I can see what bad taste looks like.......NOOB
Yes. It's everyone on here bashing this poser-mobile that has bad taste. NOT you. Must be why you are so well respected and loved on CF.
Originally Posted by Meh View Post
Remember who you're dealing with here:

Hahaha! Pretty much. "Now the kids will HAVE to respect me! Quick, more tire shine on the treads!"
Old 03-15-2019, 12:58 PM
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by LilNutSac View Post
Yep! Lots of people on here keep saying that too. NOOB! It's like I'm on a middle school short bus, except not funny.

Newbie? If only I knew you nine years ago, we could have attended that insult's 30th birthday.

Yes. It's everyone on here bashing this poser-mobile that has bad taste. NOT you. Must be why you are so well respected and loved on CF.

Hahaha! Pretty much. "Now the kids will HAVE to respect me! Quick, more tire shine on the treads!"
A frisky one, she's a keeper.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:20 PM
LarsAtTheBeach
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

More ugly than a sink full of dirty dishes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Talk me into or out of buying this truck.

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: