Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

iRacing Corvette Forum series - iRCFS season 21

Notices
Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

iRacing Corvette Forum series - iRCFS season 21

Old 03-19-2019, 08:31 PM
Bad Karma
CF Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

@$**&:'-)'*-/"&(!*$()?=+!)=*@#$##_::=?'-='$)!!!!!!

I'm out tonight, we have to run our black lab to the vet...
Old 03-19-2019, 10:23 PM
WNCmotard
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn BK, hope the doggo is alright man!

Well ****, I ran out of talent, focus or both. Made a slight bobble in the kink on the front stretch, dipped the left rear into the grass at high speed, and it was all over but the crying. Hit the wall hard, and my race was over. All my own fault though. That was some damn fun close racing for a while though.

Last edited by WNCmotard; 03-19-2019 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:39 PM
TLS
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'11, '14

Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post
@$**&:'-)'*-/"&(!*$()?=+!)=*@#$##_::=?'-='$)!!!!!!

I'm out tonight, we have to run our black lab to the vet...
Hope everything turned out okay with your pup.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:43 PM
TLS
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by WNCmotard View Post
Damn BK, hope the doggo is alright man!

Well ****, I ran out of talent, focus or both. Made a slight bobble in the kink on the front stretch, dipped the left rear into the grass at high speed, and it was all over but the crying. Hit the wall hard, and my race was over. All my own fault though. That was some damn fun close racing for a while though.
I thought the race was fun. I don't really get along with that car, but in the dark it wasn't bad. I think it made me slow everything down a little and that helped me. I made a mistake early, missed my braking point, and drove straight off the road. After that it was a couple of laps before I could keep the car on the track. I actually ran right off the front straight too, but I didn't hit anything.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:28 AM
Tormania
CF Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

I think I have established my new normal for racing anymore. Show up late, get a few practice laps in during qualifying, qualify last or near last, run 4-10 laps then spin off and crash......end up 20-40 seconds behind the pack and quit. Rinse and repeat for at least 6 of the last 8 races.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:34 AM
STANG KILLA SS
CF Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 143 Posts

well that was frustrating as hell. finally have a combo that im dominating at. and the time of day setting cost me the win

in the league official practice i ran an entire fuel load without making a single mistake, just lap after lap of perfect lines. car never faded. super consistent. the sun was still up i could see where i was going.
banged out a 39 in qual for the poll. could still see.
first couple laps of race was dark, but i could just barely make out what was up ahead. tiny bit slower, before total darkness fell on me. i couldnt see ****.
heres what i was seeing. not sure how it will show on every ones monitors, but it was complete total black i was driving into. no silhouette of a horizon, no walls, nothing, just PURE black. like the TVs were off is the best way to discribe it. my lights lit 2 cars ahead of me. past that i was like some mario kart race in space or something.
so black i was getting lost and disoriented at times.
front stretch

the uphill roller coster esses

back stretch after oak tree

i went from running 1:39s to running 1:59s! i just could not see a thing. nothing.
sucks to loose a race that way. to have the pace, and the consistancy for a guaranteed win and the time of day/tv settings cost me the race.
i got lapped.
i already checked TVs, the are set to brightest already. but im going to check the color mode tonight (vivid/game/cinema/warm/cool etc) see if one of those has less contrast/less blacks.
really frustrating.

id like to ask that from now on we use afternoon or morning.
races should be won by talent, luck, and practice. not who can see the best.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:33 AM
WNCmotard
CF Senior Member

^^Holy ****! That's just crazy Cory. Even us Laser Disc users have way better night vision than that. Hell, I could still just barely make out the horizon off in the distance.

Last edited by WNCmotard; 03-20-2019 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:41 AM
STANG KILLA SS
CF Senior Member

i actually cropped off most of the side monitors above for "postability" but the side monitors may have well just been off
Old 03-20-2019, 11:58 AM
TLS
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Sorry, Cory. I really didn't realize it would get that dark. I thought we would finish with about the light we started with. Crazy thing though. I had just the opposite reaction to the dark. I wasn't fast, but I could at least keep the car on the track. In the light, I really struggled. I think that tells me I'm really overdriving that car.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:10 PM
WNCmotard
CF Senior Member

I actually kinda dig the time transition. If Cory can get his issues resolved, I'd like to do more of those. It does simulate some real racing series after all, and adds another element of challenge to it. Cory I'll get some pics of what I was seeing in the Rift.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:19 PM
Tormania
CF Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

I actually kinda dig the time transition. If Cory can get his issues resolved, I'd like to do more of those. It does simulate some real racing series after all, and adds another element of challenge to it. Cory I'll get some pics of what I was seeing in the Rift.
I really like the different light conditions and I didn't have an issue with it. When I heard Cory complaining about not seeing the uphill esses very well I was still able to run flat out through that with no issues, of course I bailed before the end of the race and it might have got a tad darker by then.

I'm curious about running a Rift rather than going with triple monitors as I don't have the physical space to run triples, but still concerned about a lack of sharpness with a VR solution at this time.

PS - I miss Yankee's replay highlight vids.

Last edited by Tormania; 03-20-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:44 PM
TLS
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Tormania View Post
I really like the different light conditions and I didn't have an issue with it. When I heard Cory complaining about not seeing the uphill esses very well I was still able to run flat out through that with no issues, of course I bailed before the end of the race and it might have got a tad darker by then.

I'm curious about running a Rift rather than going with triple monitors as I don't have the physical space to run triples, but still concerned about a lack of sharpness with a VR solution at this time.

PS - I miss Yankee's replay highlight vids.
You don't really notice the lack of resolution when you are in the race, but it is very apparent when watching someone. IMO it does bring a better sense of motion, and you can really see the hills, height of curbs, etc.

On the replays. They were really fun to watch. I have no idea how to create them, and really don't have the available time if I did.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:23 PM
wvmgnut
CF Senior Member

I think part of the difference in what is being seen between monitors and rift is due to background lighting. If you have lights on and using a monitor it is going to appear darker on screen than some with a rift on which has nothing bleaching out the screen. Think sunlight on your TV through a window and how hard that is to see.

The other thing could could just be Stang found an excuse to cover up that he couldn’t handle the pressure of the car behind him and is running with it.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:42 PM
TLS
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by wvmgnut View Post
I think part of the difference in what is being seen between monitors and rift is due to background lighting. If you have lights on and using a monitor it is going to appear darker on screen than some with a rift on which has nothing bleaching out the screen. Think sunlight on your TV through a window and how hard that is to see.

The other thing could could just be Stang found an excuse to cover up that he couldn’t handle the pressure of the car behind him and is running with it.
I'm sure the lighting is a big part of it, but I really like this thought.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:21 PM
STANG KILLA SS
CF Senior Member

had it been daylight there wouldn't have been anyone close enough to pressure my mirrors.
would have been a cake walk. me and that combo clicked last night. i felt untouchable.

if you guys like pretty skys more than racing, lets do morning or something.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:08 PM
TLS
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
had it been daylight there wouldn't have been anyone close enough to pressure my mirrors.
would have been a cake walk. me and that combo clicked last night. i felt untouchable.

if you guys like pretty skys more than racing, lets do morning or something.
I don't care about pretty skys. I like the changing conditions.

Heck Wingnut got bored last night and waited for me to catch up so we could have fun.

Last edited by TLS; 03-20-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:34 PM
WNCmotard
CF Senior Member

Had I not crashed, Wingnut wouldn't have had that problem. LOL

This was harder than I thought. The camera wants to focus on the lens of the Rift, and doesn't really know where to focus in the image in the display. Keep in mind, what I see is clearer than this, but you get the idea. This is what us Laser Disc users saw last night Cory.

Last edited by WNCmotard; 03-20-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:41 PM
TLS
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Had I not crashed, Wingnut wouldn't have had that problem. LOL

This was harder than I thought. The camera wants to focus on the lens of the Rift, and doesn't really know where to focus in the image in the display. Keep in mind, what I see is clearer than this, but you get the idea. This is what us Laser Disc users saw last night Cory.

Yup, and when you had tail lights in front of you, you could anticipate the corners pretty well.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:52 PM
WNCmotard
CF Senior Member

Yep, was definitely easier on that uphill run to shade tree corner (probably not the real name, whatever LOL) when chasing someone. That's a damned fast section of the track, and if I wasn't close to someone I made a few bobbles through there on my own. Speaking of which, I was always fast through shade tree, I ran right up on wingnut a couple times, but just couldn't make the pass stick on the straight.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:12 PM
TLS
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Yep, was definitely easier on that uphill run to shade tree corner (probably not the real name, whatever LOL) when chasing someone. That's a damned fast section of the track, and if I wasn't close to someone I made a few bobbles through there on my own. Speaking of which, I was always fast through shade tree, I ran right up on wingnut a couple times, but just couldn't make the pass stick on the straight.
Wingnut was very quick on the exit of oak tree. I could get near him, but he would get such a good exit, I couldn't pull past on the straight. I had better luck on the front straight. I got the nose of the car up to the middle of his car a couple of times, but no farther, and had to back off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: iRacing Corvette Forum series - iRCFS season 21

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: