Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

The Official Game of Thrones Season 8 Watching Thread

Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

The Official Game of Thrones Season 8 Watching Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 01:31 PM
JonMN
CF Senior Member

Received 427 Likes on 306 Posts

Dragon flames Jon. Jon emerges unscathed. Everybody kneels to the new king. Dany pouts.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:41 PM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 593 Likes on 276 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by JonMN View Post
Dragon flames Jon. Jon emerges unscathed. Everybody kneels to the new king. Dany pouts.
Dragon goes to flame Jon, Bran takes over Dragon with mAd wArG-sKiLz and flames Unsullied/Dothraki.... Yara shows up also with an Army to help. Dany is tried and sentenced for War Crimes. Jon reluctantly becomes king, Sam his Hand, Sansa Queen of the North, Bron gets his Castle (Tyrion), Tyrion gets his homeland, Brienne stays with Sansa... not a Hand but more like a Kings Guard. Podrick too.

Who cares:

Gendry
Old 05-16-2019, 06:45 PM
Over9K
CF Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
Thanks for sharing these - very entertaining!

I know that there is a lot of hate going around for this season but I actually liked "The Bells" a lot. I found it exhausting to watch, which means that I was really drawn into the carnage and horror. The Hound/Arya and Tyrion/Jaime moments were very moving. The pacing from the Lannister surrender to the bells to Dany going full "release the dogs of war" mode was perfect. The acting was just phenomenal. (Emilia Clark really stepped up her game at the exact moment that she needed to.) Nearly every shot looked like an award-winning photograph, just beautiful to watch. With barely any preview for the next episode, it should be interesting to see how it unfolds in the final act.

I'm a bit perturbed that Cersei gets to die in the arms of the love of her life, out of reach of her enemies. Between waiting so long for the fight with the Night King, having that end the way it did, and then having to wait so long to see the end of Cersei, and to have that end the way it did, I can very much see why some fans are a bit pissed.

I'm fine with how the Night King went out, I found that satisfying. Arya totally earned the right to be there, to end him. Cersei's end is another story. The end they gave her is not fitting for the character she has been for the past 8 seasons. Her death was as meaningful as Kyburn's. Oops, hit your head on a rock... dead.

Dying in the basement, alone with her loverbrother, her only concern or regret is that she lost, is weak for this series. Theon and little Lady Mormont both had more meaningful deaths than Cersei, and that isn't right for someone who has driven much of the plot for the entire series.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:14 PM
Meh
CF Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Over9K View Post
I'm a bit perturbed that Cersei gets to die in the arms of the love of her life, out of reach of her enemies. Between waiting so long for the fight with the Night King, having that end the way it did, and then having to wait so long to see the end of Cersei, and to have that end the way it did, I can very much see why some fans are a bit pissed.

I'm fine with how the Night King went out, I found that satisfying. Arya totally earned the right to be there, to end him. Cersei's end is another story. The end they gave her is not fitting for the character she has been for the past 8 seasons. Her death was as meaningful as Kyburn's. Oops, hit your head on a rock... dead.

Dying in the basement, alone with her loverbrother, her only concern or regret is that she lost, is weak for this series. Theon and little Lady Mormont both had more meaningful deaths than Cersei, and that isn't right for someone who has driven much of the plot for the entire series.
Pics of your vagina?
Old 05-17-2019, 10:29 AM
Humanoid 2.0
CF Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Meh View Post
Pics of your vagina?

Do you really want to see this vagina

Old 05-17-2019, 01:02 PM
gixxerbill
CF Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Why does everybody hate Cercei so much? I don't get it. Why is she so evil? For chopping off the goodlooking black chick in chains head off? She was an a captured enemy remember . I know her son was a dick but she just loved him because he was her son she didn't like most of this decisions especially killing ned stark. So maybe people don't like her because she found her brother attractive and screwed him. See i don't get this, I think it's alot more sick to see to homos going at in with square pegs in round holes and fudge packing than a good looking brother or sister finding each other attractive. At least its girl boy instead of gross boy boy. Plus I thought she was pretty dang sexy and clever before she whacked her hair off. So why not let her have a decent death with her brotherlover.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:55 PM
Meh
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Why does everybody hate Cercei so much? I don't get it. Why is she so evil? For chopping off the goodlooking black chick in chains head off? She was an a captured enemy remember . I know her son was a dick but she just loved him because he was her son she didn't like most of this decisions especially killing ned stark. So maybe people don't like her because she found her brother attractive and screwed him. See i don't get this, I think it's alot more sick to see to homos going at in with square pegs in round holes and fudge packing than a good looking brother or sister finding each other attractive. At least its girl boy instead of gross boy boy. Plus I thought she was pretty dang sexy and clever before she whacked her hair off. So why not let her have a decent death with her brotherlover.
Pics of your sister that you used to bang?
Old 05-17-2019, 02:52 PM
Raazor
Support Corvetteforum!

Pics of your sister that you used to bang?
Old 05-17-2019, 04:08 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 69 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Why does everybody hate Cercei so much? I don't get it.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:23 PM
Meh
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
[gizzer]Well, at least she's not a gay dude![/gizzer]
Old 05-17-2019, 07:08 PM
gixxerbill
CF Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
Oh i forgot about the dog. She's a horrible person.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:17 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

[gizzer]Well, at least she's not a gay dude![/gizzer]
No, that was her BIL Renly.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:41 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM
Ghostface
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Over9K View Post

Agreed about Cersei's death!
Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM
Raazor
Support Corvetteforum!

Cersei's meaningless death was appropriate and administered by her foe who she underestimated
Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM
jim2527
CF Senior Member

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jim2527 View Post

There's a whole set of them. I wish I'd known - I'd have bought the entire set. As it is I was lucky to find this one:

Last edited by dvarapala; Yesterday at 04:28 PM.
Old Today, 09:18 AM
Thunder22
CF Senior Member

Received 1,216 Likes on 843 Posts

Old Today, 10:09 AM
scottycards
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Tonight's the night!

This may call for a super-special GOT event- frozen pizza at the scottycards household!

I'm pulling out all the stops, baby!
Old Today, 10:11 AM
Raazor
Support Corvetteforum!

I think Jamie survived

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Official Game of Thrones Season 8 Watching Thread

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: