Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

The Official Game of Thrones Season 8 Watching Thread

Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

The Official Game of Thrones Season 8 Watching Thread

 
Old 05-16-2019, 01:31 PM
  #481  
JonMN
CF Senior Member
 
JonMN's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2016
Location: MN
Posts: 1,857
Received 427 Likes on 306 Posts
Default

Dragon flames Jon. Jon emerges unscathed. Everybody kneels to the new king. Dany pouts.
JonMN is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 02:41 PM
  #482  
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Raazor's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2008
Location: 🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑
Posts: 88,280
Received 593 Likes on 276 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Default

Originally Posted by JonMN View Post
Dragon flames Jon. Jon emerges unscathed. Everybody kneels to the new king. Dany pouts.
Dragon goes to flame Jon, Bran takes over Dragon with mAd wArG-sKiLz and flames Unsullied/Dothraki.... Yara shows up also with an Army to help. Dany is tried and sentenced for War Crimes. Jon reluctantly becomes king, Sam his Hand, Sansa Queen of the North, Bron gets his Castle (Tyrion), Tyrion gets his homeland, Brienne stays with Sansa... not a Hand but more like a Kings Guard. Podrick too.

Who cares:

Gendry
Raazor is online now  
Old 05-16-2019, 06:45 PM
  #483  
Over9K
CF Senior Member
 
Over9K's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2016
Posts: 17,847
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
Thanks for sharing these - very entertaining!

I know that there is a lot of hate going around for this season but I actually liked "The Bells" a lot. I found it exhausting to watch, which means that I was really drawn into the carnage and horror. The Hound/Arya and Tyrion/Jaime moments were very moving. The pacing from the Lannister surrender to the bells to Dany going full "release the dogs of war" mode was perfect. The acting was just phenomenal. (Emilia Clark really stepped up her game at the exact moment that she needed to.) Nearly every shot looked like an award-winning photograph, just beautiful to watch. With barely any preview for the next episode, it should be interesting to see how it unfolds in the final act.

I'm a bit perturbed that Cersei gets to die in the arms of the love of her life, out of reach of her enemies. Between waiting so long for the fight with the Night King, having that end the way it did, and then having to wait so long to see the end of Cersei, and to have that end the way it did, I can very much see why some fans are a bit pissed.

I'm fine with how the Night King went out, I found that satisfying. Arya totally earned the right to be there, to end him. Cersei's end is another story. The end they gave her is not fitting for the character she has been for the past 8 seasons. Her death was as meaningful as Kyburn's. Oops, hit your head on a rock... dead.

Dying in the basement, alone with her loverbrother, her only concern or regret is that she lost, is weak for this series. Theon and little Lady Mormont both had more meaningful deaths than Cersei, and that isn't right for someone who has driven much of the plot for the entire series.
Over9K is online now  
Old 05-16-2019, 07:14 PM
  #484  
Meh
CF Senior Member
 
Meh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 26,336
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Over9K View Post
I'm a bit perturbed that Cersei gets to die in the arms of the love of her life, out of reach of her enemies. Between waiting so long for the fight with the Night King, having that end the way it did, and then having to wait so long to see the end of Cersei, and to have that end the way it did, I can very much see why some fans are a bit pissed.

I'm fine with how the Night King went out, I found that satisfying. Arya totally earned the right to be there, to end him. Cersei's end is another story. The end they gave her is not fitting for the character she has been for the past 8 seasons. Her death was as meaningful as Kyburn's. Oops, hit your head on a rock... dead.

Dying in the basement, alone with her loverbrother, her only concern or regret is that she lost, is weak for this series. Theon and little Lady Mormont both had more meaningful deaths than Cersei, and that isn't right for someone who has driven much of the plot for the entire series.
Pics of your vagina?
Meh is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:29 AM
  #485  
Humanoid 2.0
CF Senior Member
 
Humanoid 2.0's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2004
Location: .... NJ
Posts: 75,943
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Default

Originally Posted by Meh View Post
Pics of your vagina?

Do you really want to see this vagina

Humanoid 2.0 is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 01:02 PM
  #486  
gixxerbill
CF Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Posts: 11,395
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
Default

Why does everybody hate Cercei so much? I don't get it. Why is she so evil? For chopping off the goodlooking black chick in chains head off? She was an a captured enemy remember . I know her son was a dick but she just loved him because he was her son she didn't like most of this decisions especially killing ned stark. So maybe people don't like her because she found her brother attractive and screwed him. See i don't get this, I think it's alot more sick to see to homos going at in with square pegs in round holes and fudge packing than a good looking brother or sister finding each other attractive. At least its girl boy instead of gross boy boy. Plus I thought she was pretty dang sexy and clever before she whacked her hair off. So why not let her have a decent death with her brotherlover.
gixxerbill is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 01:55 PM
  #487  
Meh
CF Senior Member
 
Meh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 26,336
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Why does everybody hate Cercei so much? I don't get it. Why is she so evil? For chopping off the goodlooking black chick in chains head off? She was an a captured enemy remember . I know her son was a dick but she just loved him because he was her son she didn't like most of this decisions especially killing ned stark. So maybe people don't like her because she found her brother attractive and screwed him. See i don't get this, I think it's alot more sick to see to homos going at in with square pegs in round holes and fudge packing than a good looking brother or sister finding each other attractive. At least its girl boy instead of gross boy boy. Plus I thought she was pretty dang sexy and clever before she whacked her hair off. So why not let her have a decent death with her brotherlover.
Pics of your sister that you used to bang?
Meh is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 02:52 PM
  #488  
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Raazor's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2008
Location: 🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑
Posts: 88,280
Received 593 Likes on 276 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Default

Originally Posted by Meh View Post
Pics of your sister that you used to bang?
Raazor is online now  
Old 05-17-2019, 04:08 PM
  #489  
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
dvarapala's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 31,827
Received 69 Likes on 29 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Why does everybody hate Cercei so much? I don't get it.
dvarapala is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 06:23 PM
  #490  
Meh
CF Senior Member
 
Meh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 26,336
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
[gizzer]Well, at least she's not a gay dude![/gizzer]
Meh is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 07:08 PM
  #491  
gixxerbill
CF Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Posts: 11,395
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
Oh i forgot about the dog. She's a horrible person.
gixxerbill is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 07:17 PM
  #492  
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
dvarapala's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 31,827
Received 69 Likes on 29 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Meh View Post
[gizzer]Well, at least she's not a gay dude![/gizzer]
No, that was her BIL Renly.
dvarapala is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 09:41 PM
  #493  
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
dvarapala's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 31,827
Received 69 Likes on 29 Posts
Default

dvarapala is offline  
Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM
  #494  
Ghostface
CF Senior Member
 
Ghostface's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2004
Location: Dumbass plays tiddlywinks, world plays chess
Posts: 18,633
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10
Default

Originally Posted by Over9K View Post
I'm a bit perturbed that Cersei gets to die in the arms of the love of her life, out of reach of her enemies. Between waiting so long for the fight with the Night King, having that end the way it did, and then having to wait so long to see the end of Cersei, and to have that end the way it did, I can very much see why some fans are a bit pissed.

I'm fine with how the Night King went out, I found that satisfying. Arya totally earned the right to be there, to end him. Cersei's end is another story. The end they gave her is not fitting for the character she has been for the past 8 seasons. Her death was as meaningful as Kyburn's. Oops, hit your head on a rock... dead.

Dying in the basement, alone with her loverbrother, her only concern or regret is that she lost, is weak for this series. Theon and little Lady Mormont both had more meaningful deaths than Cersei, and that isn't right for someone who has driven much of the plot for the entire series.
Agreed about Cersei's death!
Ghostface is offline  
Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM
  #495  
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Raazor's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2008
Location: 🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑
Posts: 88,280
Received 593 Likes on 276 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Default

Cersei's meaningless death was appropriate and administered by her foe who she underestimated
Raazor is online now  
Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM
  #496  
jim2527
CF Senior Member
 
jim2527's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2003
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 15,644
Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts
Default


jim2527 is offline  
Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM
  #497  
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
dvarapala's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 31,827
Received 69 Likes on 29 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jim2527 View Post


There's a whole set of them. I wish I'd known - I'd have bought the entire set. As it is I was lucky to find this one:


Last edited by dvarapala; Yesterday at 04:28 PM.
dvarapala is offline  
Old Today, 09:18 AM
  #498  
Thunder22
CF Senior Member
 
Thunder22's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: NY/LI/NJ
Posts: 26,949
Received 1,216 Likes on 843 Posts
Default

Thunder22 is offline  
Old Today, 10:09 AM
  #499  
scottycards
CF Senior Member
 
scottycards's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2007
Location: Constitutional Peasant Tucson AZ
Posts: 12,973
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
Default

Tonight's the night!

This may call for a super-special GOT event- frozen pizza at the scottycards household!

I'm pulling out all the stops, baby!
scottycards is offline  
Old Today, 10:11 AM
  #500  
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Raazor's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2008
Location: 🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑
Posts: 88,280
Received 593 Likes on 276 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Default

I think Jamie survived
Raazor is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Official Game of Thrones Season 8 Watching Thread


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: