Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Modern Banking Sucks

Old 05-08-2019, 10:01 AM
JasonAndrew
CF Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Der Flieger View Post
In the mail yesterday, I received a card from my bank HQ asking to verify my change of address, to which my paper bank statements would be sent. The card was mailed third class, and probably took three days to get to me. Nobody ever thought about picking up the friggin' phone and calling me, just went ahead and changed the address where the statements have been mailed for the past 31 years. Now they are scrambling around trying to fix it. I was on the phone for 40 minutes last night trying to find someone smart enough to answer why it happened. I might be shopping for another bank.
So you did NOT change your address, but the bank says you did? Hmmm. So the bank screwed up and thought you changed your address? I wouldn't worry if the statements are only bills, nobody will volunteer to pay them. You should look to get them emailed instead. I was always throwing out all the mortgage statements in the mail.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:45 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 69 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePirate View Post
Too many B of Ds being sent. They simply can't keep up with the extra load.
Pun intended?
Old 05-08-2019, 01:47 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JasonAndrew View Post
So you did NOT change your address, but the bank says you did? Hmmm. So the bank screwed up and thought you changed your address?
An identity thief submitted the change of address.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:22 PM
Sawbone
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Modern banking sucks. Primitive banking sucks. It all sucks. When they start micro chipping people on a wide scale that will suck too.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:32 PM
fishingdan
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18'-19

I set up text/e-mail/phone alerts with my bank and if ever there's a check/debit/charge over the limit I specified I get notified within a few hours and their system seems to work well despite being one of the big banks. The one time I had a charge dispute (fraudulent activity) I was notified and dealing with their fraud department actually got me to a call center in Denver (as in the good old USA) with a person who spoke English....guess I've been lucky. A new card was sent to me within three or four days.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:35 PM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 593 Likes on 276 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by flange View Post
I live in and have an office in a smallish town which shares a zip code but not a post office with a nearby larger town. Computers often change my address ( name of city) to the other town. When that occurs I don't get my mail. I have gone to the postmaster to try to correct, they cannot. It fuggin sucks. Some douche messed up the programming and I get fukked over. I cant tell you how many times this occurs.

Before you say "have it emailed", there is a flaw in some programs which effects the manner in which email is sent. I get that messed up quite frequently as well. I have to go to vendors and prove it. They all use the same program so its a pain to get it fixed each time.
I could never live there
Old 05-15-2019, 01:25 PM
Der Flieger
CF Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Latest: I received a bill in the mail from the same bank, charging me for a safe-deposit box that is supposed to be 'free' . (The bill also charged ten dollars for generating the bill.) I went to the branch bank to discuss it with a rep. During our exchange, I raised a number of questions about the latest money-grubbing changes in the bank's policies. The bank rep. puffed all up and said, "Sir, you are making me very uncomfortable." I looked her in the eye, said nothing, turned around, and left the bank. I drove five miles to the Credit Union, and opened a new account with them. Effective tomorrow, I will no longer be doing business with the afore-mentioned ******* bank. ******* ********. About as bad as Wells-Fargo. Thirty-nine years in one account. **** them. Now they won't be "uncomfortable". Rant over.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:44 PM
Der Flieger
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by JasonAndrew View Post
So you did NOT change your address, but the bank says you did? Hmmm. So the bank screwed up and thought you changed your address? I wouldn't worry if the statements are only bills, nobody will volunteer to pay them. You should look to get them emailed instead. I was always throwing out all the mortgage statements in the mail.

I actually get both electronic and paper statements. Since I do a lot of buying on-line, and have had C-card info compromised on at least two occasions, I like to track my online stuff on a daily basis. If one doesn't do that, a month could go by without knowing. Hell, you can't trust the info safe-guards on-line either. Some ******* is always trying to steal your stuff. Somewhere. Somehow. The friggin' bank doesn't seem to mind, they just cacelled my cards, not the dumbfuck who allowed the address change without verification. Sheesh!
Old 05-15-2019, 04:14 PM
AP
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't it just easier to stop the paper statements all together? They have a PDF on their website of what they will print and mail you anyway? If you are looking daily in the first place, what value does the paper copy give you?
Old 05-16-2019, 03:05 PM
Der Flieger
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by AP View Post
Isn't it just easier to stop the paper statements all together? They have a PDF on their website of what they will print and mail you anyway? If you are looking daily in the first place, what value does the paper copy give you?

As stated, I live out in the boondocks, and in bad weather, my computer service can be sketchy, and some times the mail is hosed up. I like to have both, with paper as a backup. As long as I pay for it, I like it my way. Not only that, I don't trust any bank to safe-guard my info. NONE has done so yet.

Last edited by Der Flieger; 05-16-2019 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:25 PM
Der Flieger
CF Senior Member

It took exactly 45 minutes to open three new accounts, request C/Cs, order new checks, and transfer direct-deposit payees routings to new bank/credit union. Came home and registered accounts online. Piece of cake. Will go down to soon-to-be old bank and clean out safe-deposit box and close accounts there. Screw those ********. Thirty-nine years.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:55 PM
John E
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Der Flieger View Post
It took exactly 45 minutes to open three new accounts, request C/Cs, order new checks, and transfer direct-deposit payees routings to new bank/credit union. Came home and registered accounts online. Piece of cake. Will go down to soon-to-be old bank and clean out safe-deposit box and close accounts there. Screw those ********. Thirty-nine years.
You should get a cleverly worded t-shirt or sweatshirt printed up to convey the message, but keep you out of trouble.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:07 PM
Der Flieger
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by John E View Post
You should get a cleverly worded t-shirt or sweatshirt printed up to convey the message, but keep you out of trouble.

I think a simple "USBank Sucks" will suffice.......... I thrive on trouble........ How you doin' John?

Last edited by Der Flieger; 05-17-2019 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:35 PM
COLO BND
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
Thanks for this earth-shattering update we'll be sure to notify the media
Originally Posted by Z06PSI View Post

I love old *****.
Do you two work hard to be ********, or does it just come naturally?
Old 05-17-2019, 09:51 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by COLO BND View Post
Do you two work hard to be ********, or does it just come naturally?
Oh they are clearly naturals.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Modern Banking Sucks

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: