Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Modern Banking Sucks

Old 05-07-2019, 03:19 PM
Der Flieger
CF Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Modern Banking Sucks

In the mail yesterday, I received a card from my bank HQ asking to verify my change of address, to which my paper bank statements would be sent. The card was mailed third class, and probably took three days to get to me. Nobody ever thought about picking up the friggin' phone and calling me, just went ahead and changed the address where the statements have been mailed for the past 39 years. Now they are scrambling around trying to fix it. I was on the phone for 40 minutes last night trying to find someone smart enough to answer why it happened. I might be shopping for another bank.

Last edited by Der Flieger; 05-15-2019 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:30 PM
1Patriot
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Astute guidance for millinials: Stop looking for answers and just fix the problems and move on.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:35 PM
flange
CF Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

I live in and have an office in a smallish town which shares a zip code but not a post office with a nearby larger town. Computers often change my address ( name of city) to the other town. When that occurs I don't get my mail. I have gone to the postmaster to try to correct, they cannot. It fuggin sucks. Some douche messed up the programming and I get fukked over. I cant tell you how many times this occurs.

Before you say "have it emailed", there is a flaw in some programs which effects the manner in which email is sent. I get that messed up quite frequently as well. I have to go to vendors and prove it. They all use the same program so its a pain to get it fixed each time.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:37 PM
Der Flieger
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1Patriot View Post
Astute guidance for millinials: Stop looking for answers and just fix the problems and move on.

Is a "millinial" any thing like a "Pink Neck"? I talked to two airheads and dipstick, and I was expecting to be transferred to Raj Talingadet in Rangoon. They all ended up getting mad at me for expecting service from Customer Service. There's a Credit Union right down the street from their branch, and they don't charge you for walking in the door.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:39 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 69 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by flange View Post
I live in and have an office in a smallish town which shares a zip code but not a post office with a nearby larger town. Computers often change my address ( name of city) to the other town. When that occurs I don't get my mail.

My solution to a similar problem was to get a PO box. Yes, I shouldn't have to do that, but the USPS is full of incompetent ***** and the root problems will never be fixed.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:42 PM
Der Flieger
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by flange View Post
I live in and have an office in a smallish town which shares a zip code but not a post office with a nearby larger town. Computers often change my address ( name of city) to the other town. When that occurs I don't get my mail. I have gone to the postmaster to try to correct, they cannot. It fuggin sucks. Some douche messed up the programming and I get fukked over. I cant tell you how many times this occurs.

Before you say "have it emailed", there is a flaw in some programs which effects the manner in which email is sent. I get that messed up quite frequently as well. I have to go to vendors and prove it. They all use the same program so its a pain to get it fixed each time.
Funny thing. When I talked to the 'fraud' rep, she told me they didn't have an email or tel. number for me on file. I've ony had the same account, same tel. same mailing address, with the same physical address for 31 years. Doh!
Old 05-07-2019, 03:45 PM
Anton Chigurh
CF Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Der Flieger View Post
In the mail yesterday, I received a card from my bank HQ asking to verify my change of address, to which my paper bank statements would be sent. The card was mailed third class, and probably took three days to get to me. Nobody ever thought about picking up the friggin' phone and calling me, just went ahead and changed the address where the statements have been mailed for the past 31 years. Now they are scrambling around trying to fix it. I was on the phone for 40 minutes last night trying to find someone smart enough to answer why it happened. I might be shopping for another bank.
Thanks for this earth-shattering update we'll be sure to notify the media
Old 05-07-2019, 03:53 PM
Der Flieger
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
My solution to a similar problem was to get a PO box. Yes, I shouldn't have to do that, but the USPS is full of incompetent ***** and the root problems will never be fixed.
The ironic unfunny outcome is that the "fraud" division immediately canceled BOTH of my credit cards issued through their bank, so now I will have to wait for new ones. (Boy, they really fixed the problem, didn't they?) Like you, I have a P.O. Box in town, since I don't trust the rural mail box delivery location. What they really need to do is find out the gap in their security sysem which allows anyone to change a mailing address without verification. (However, since I am a stupid old person, what do I know?)
Old 05-07-2019, 03:56 PM
Der Flieger
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
Thanks for this earth-shattering update we'll be sure to notify the media
Idiot Troll and Dipshit Forum is that-away------------------->

Your cohorts are anxiously awaiting your arrival.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:02 PM
HighRoadNeece
CF Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Service based businesses are really sucking these days, and to think they they want higher wages for poor work performance.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:24 PM
Der Flieger
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by HighRoadNeece View Post
Service based businesses are really sucking these days, and to think they they want higher wages for poor work performance.
Yes, I was 'allowed' to talk to two guys in India, and one in the Phillipines. I only had to wait 40 minutes to be 'chosen' to do so. When I stated that I could not understand any of them, I was switched to a lady in Houston, who, it turned out, didn't know anything either. (She did have a great personality, though.)
Old 05-07-2019, 04:37 PM
Klondike
CF Senior Member

Received 95 Likes on 77 Posts

So when somebody pisses you off, you can just go to the Post office, fill out a change of address card with their name and where you want their mail to go?
Sounds like a pretty easy way to screw somebody over.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:11 PM
wugak
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had astounding luck with TD bank. Most people will suggest a local credit union which should be a good idea. TD is open until 7pm weekdays and BOTH days on the weekend. You know, when people who have money can actually go to a bank.

Always super friendly and the human I talk to gets it done right in 5 minutes. I'd rather drive 5 minutes and solve an issue in 5 more than to spend 30 on hold with a call center.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:27 PM
Force-1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-' 15-'16-'17-'18-'19
I believe in the Beer Fairy
USAF (Retired) 1979-2001

Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
So when somebody pisses you off, you can just go to the Post office, fill out a change of address card with their name and where you want their mail to go?
Sounds like a pretty easy way to screw somebody over.
Not really. The post office immediately sends a Move Validation Letter to the leaving address, telling occupant a change was initiated.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:16 PM
LarsAtTheBeach
CF Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Customer service is dead.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:52 PM
Badger97
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the mail yesterday, I received a card from my bank HQ asking to verify my change of address, to which my paper bank statements would be sent. The card was mailed third class, and probably took three days to get to me. Nobody ever thought about picking up the friggin' phone and calling me, just went ahead and changed the address where the statements have been mailed for the past 31 years. Now they are scrambling around trying to fix it. I was on the phone for 40 minutes last night trying to find someone smart enough to answer why it happened. I might be shopping for another bank.

Get off my lawn!
Old 05-07-2019, 08:57 PM
Z06PSI
1SG of the Goon Squad
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 216 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18

I love old *****.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:02 PM
anjdog2003
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 109 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'17

Originally Posted by Z06PSI View Post

I love old *****.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:04 AM
NDMIKE88
CF Senior Member

Received 99 Likes on 87 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Is a "millinial" any thing like a "Pink Neck"? I talked to two airheads and dipstick, and I was expecting to be transferred to Raj Talingadet in Rangoon. They all ended up getting mad at me for expecting service from Customer Service. There's a Credit Union right down the street from their branch, and they don't charge you for walking in the door.
You answered your own question....join your local Credit Union.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:33 AM
ThePirate
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The ironic unfunny outcome is that the "fraud" division immediately canceled BOTH of my credit cards issued through their bank, so now I will have to wait for new ones. (Boy, they really fixed the problem, didn't they?) Like you, I have a P.O. Box in town, since I don't trust the rural mail box delivery location. What they really need to do is find out the gap in their security sysem which allows anyone to change a mailing address without verification. (However, since I am a stupid old person, what do I know?)
Too many B of Ds being sent. They simply can't keep up with the extra load.

Last edited by ThePirate; 05-08-2019 at 09:34 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Modern Banking Sucks

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: