Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Gatlinburg, TN Rental

Old 05-15-2019, 02:29 PM
jd
CF Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06, '15

Come to PA for 1/2 the price and better weather...and yes these rent out in the winter frequently...and the houses are MUCH cheaper...

Private Riverfront Solid Stone Cottage on 18 Acres of Forestland on the Clarion
https://www.vrbo.com/4838547ha?arriv...ure=2019-11-16

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-34611#photo11
Old 05-15-2019, 02:31 PM
jd
CF Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06, '15

Originally Posted by Sixgun95 View Post
Its by far the best place on the planet to motorcycle ride imo. Just beautiful in the smokies.
You should come try the Allegheny Forest here in PA

Written Directions

Starting at Rt 120 in Driftwood, PA, Route 555 runs west 17 miles to Benezette along the Sinnemahoning River.

Scenery

In Benezette, Elk viewing areas have been established by the state of PA. Follow the signs. Expect to arrive 2 hours before sundown when the Elk come out of the woods and begin to feed. Drive slowly when nearing the viewing areas because the Elk can be crossing the road or a mere 5 feet off the road. If you're lucky and very quiet, you can get within 10 feet of a female Elk. If you watch her eat she return the favor and watch you. This is an exciting kodak moment. Please be respectful of the animals, they are wild, extremely large but they are not scared of people or cars. Be silent and still around them. If you make this trip in the fall, keep in mind the bull Elk will charge if disturbed. I's a toss-up whether a motorcycle can outrun a charging bull.
If you see the Elk close up, the scenery rating becomes a 5!

Road Quality

Route 555 is in northern Pennsvlvania with the eastern end starting in Driftwood, PA and going west to Benezette, PA. The road follows along the picturesque Bennett Branch Sinnemahoning River. The road is relatively flat with numerous curves, very little traffic, and scenic river views.

Roadside Amenities

The road is extremely rural with few amenities. A small mom and pop general store in Driftwood offers gas and typical snacks and drinks. Benezette offers a restaurant/pub popular with the locals and hunters.

Additional Info

20 miles farther west is the town of St. Mary's where you can find chain motels and eat at the locally famous Gunner's restaurant. St. Mary's is on the eastern continental divide. A few miles west accesses the beautiful Clarion River with many some roads that deserve their own listing.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:33 PM
alamike
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would look on the North Carolina side. The taxes are higher but there are other communities in western NC that have a better quality mountain living. In the summer time in Gatlinburg, the place is swarmed by want to be rednecks from Ohio and Michigan. I just sold 40 acres in Sevier county.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:18 PM
Sixgun95
CF Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts

Yes, Telico is another thought, not sure about the seasonal rents there though. I just hate the thought of having another house, just to keep the wife happy, that's going to be empty 6 mo/yr.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:15 PM
fishingdan
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18'-19

Originally Posted by Sixgun95 View Post
Yes, Telico is another thought, not sure about the seasonal rents there though. I just hate the thought of having another house, just to keep the wife happy, that's going to be empty 6 mo/yr.
I sent you a PM with his name and number. I think he'll provide you information you might need. He's very happy with his vacation home there.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:23 AM
Capt. Shark
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Into the Mystic And yet, despite the look on my face, you're still talking TN
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-18

We rent a Gatlinburg cabin for a long weekend every winter. The winter market for cabins out away from the city up in the mountains is actually pretty good. I would not rent any kind of downtown condo, it's just too tacky touristy, crowded and overpriced. We rent through Auntie Belham and have been pleased with them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gatlinburg, TN Rental

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: