Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

So are you brave enough to admit that you have been scammed in your life?

Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

So are you brave enough to admit that you have been scammed in your life?

Old 05-15-2019, 08:41 PM
001pewter
CF Senior Member

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
St.. Jude Donor '17-'18

Maybe not so much scammed but definitely conned.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:42 PM
LarsAtTheBeach
CF Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Iíve never been scammed.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:57 PM
C6 Snowboarder
CF Senior Member

Received 194 Likes on 144 Posts

I got scammed last saturday. A fellow golfer I just met asked if he could try out one my Grafaloy Driver shafts in his Ping Driver. I said sure. We met at the driving range, installed the shaft and he hit a 1/4 bucket of ***** with it. He said he loved it and how much I wonted for it. I said $35. He said - OH damn -- I left my wallet at home. I said go ahead keep it and try it out, send me a check. He said Sure - really appreciate it. Thanks and left. Have yet to hear from him -- tho I emailed him 2X already.. I think He scammed me. Oh - well it is only $35 -- what a Dick!
Old 05-15-2019, 09:04 PM
scottycards
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by C6 Snowboarder View Post
I got scammed last saturday. A fellow golfer I just met asked if he could try out one my Grafaloy Driver shafts in his Ping Driver. I said sure. We met at the driving range, installed the shaft and he hit a 1/4 bucket of ***** with it. He said he loved it and how much I wonted for it. I said $35. He said - OH damn -- I left my wallet at home. I said go ahead keep it and try it out, send me a check. He said Sure - really appreciate it. Thanks and left. Have yet to hear from him -- tho I emailed him 2X already.. I think He scammed me. Oh - well it is only $35 -- what a Dick!
I hope he develops a wicked snap hook off the tee.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:07 PM
PatternDayTrader
CF Senior Member

Received 772 Likes on 597 Posts

Originally Posted by C6 Snowboarder View Post
Geez that's lame. Over 35 bucks to.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:10 PM
Torqaholic
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Had a walking jewelry store approach me at a bus station while in boot camp. He wanted to sell me a ring with a huge diamond on it. The inside of his trench coat was lined with watches. Had no money but I wouldn't have given him any regardless since that stuff was obviously stolen.

I was scammed at the time, just didn't know it. Not by some black guy in a bus station, it was the military recruiter. I was shanghaied into the military, had 4 years of my life stolen with lies (or as you call it "scammed").
Old 05-15-2019, 09:13 PM
C6 Snowboarder
CF Senior Member

Received 194 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
I hope he develops a wicked snap hook off the tee.
the is that hope --- and my hope is since I personally epoxied the Ping Adapter Tip on the shaft - I hope I did a poor job and the Bond breaks loose as he is hitting of the Tee Box near water , The Head comes off and his new 400 model Ping and it cant Swim.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:31 PM
mchar
CF Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I just loaned someone 10k a couple weeks ago. With any luck, that doesn't turn into a story for here.
Kspaz?? Is Dat YOU? You got an Amortization table with that loan?
What's the Rate? The ARP? Are terms all in writing? Did you file with all local authorities?? HMM?? HMM?
Many Questions.....
Old 05-15-2019, 09:42 PM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

Received 234 Likes on 190 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by mchar View Post
Kspaz?? Is Dat YOU? You got an Amortization table with that loan?
What's the Rate? The ARP? Are terms all in writing? Did you file with all local authorities?? HMM?? HMM?
Many Questions.....
My account was hacked.

No, no paperwork, no rate, no filings.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:50 PM
Vette_DD
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 581 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
doesn't matter what he did with his share of the profits you should have still got your 10%. And oral contracts hold up in most states.
I never mentioned it to anyone, but it didn't bother me that the brother of the bowling lanes owner that hired me passed away unexpectedly in his late 20s.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:07 PM
Grzldvt1
CF Senior Member

Received 297 Likes on 173 Posts

Never been scammed, but did waste an India scammer's whole day About a month ago. I am semi-retired so I had time to deal with these clowns and waste their time
Applied for a work from home job, Got an email from the supposed recruiter on a Sunday night - First Red Flag
Then noticed the email address had a zero instead of an O. Another Red Flag
Monday morning I contacted the actual recruiter at the company(They were using his name), he told me it was a scam and the company was aware of it
So I end up getting "hired" and literally spent the entire day screwing with them
They used Google Hangout to give me information I needed, I kept insisting they call .
I slow rolled responses.
Then they sent me a check to buy equipment I needed, I spent about 45 minutes keeping them busy talking to them.
Told them I had to go to the store to buy ink so I can print the check they sent, more time wasted
They send me a PDF of a check and want me to deposit it via my mobile app, I drag out for another 40 minutes saying I can't get it to work
So they want me to send a picture of the deposited check, which I really can't do
I tell them it is not showing up, but what are the next steps- They want me to go buy $900 of Amazon Gift Certificates
I tell them the bank put a 4 day hold on the check, so they need to send me the Gift Certificates via overnight,
Never heard back from them, but hassled them for over a week. At that time I was using a Google phone number and used text via Email to hassle them everyday
Definitely had some fun with it
Old 05-16-2019, 12:49 AM
mark1107
CF Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Last time I was scammed was in 8th grade bought a fake gold chain. I’ve had many people try since then but I’ve been blessed not to do it.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:32 AM
bravo29
CF Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Bought a $700 car amp for $75 that was fried out from the brotha's

Bought a Pontiac 455 engine that was to have 0 miles on it. Ahole took a new block but put in all busted parts into the block.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:15 PM
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by K-Spaz View Post
I just loaned someone 10k a couple weeks ago. With any luck, that doesn't turn into a story for here.
Right after the BeaZt scam I made a rule, no loans, no exceptions. After that I had a friend ask for $10,000, another dude who needed help saving his apt, a lady who just drove up to the lot and needed money to get down to FL....

All had a similar theme, they had "money" coming in.

Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post
There is no legal requirement to report anything to Carfax. When my car was being estimated for repair, they told me it was up to me if I wanted them to report it.
Most systems report automatically, police reports, insurance claims, service tickets, .gov agencies, etc.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:12 PM
cuisinartvette
CF Senior Member

Received 1,223 Likes on 1,120 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Anyone who has married or played house got scammed.
I never loan anything its just given away. Loaning cars never happens period...been asked a few times lately to drive the El ea one assumed it was ok to burn rubber run it past 7k etc. Unreal
I dont ask to ride thier bikes-
Doug you wanna loan 10 and get 20% in writing Im game.

Last edited by cuisinartvette; 05-16-2019 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:34 PM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by FourPennyDoug View Post
Right after the BeaZt scam I made a rule, no loans, no exceptions. After that I had a friend ask for $10,000, another dude who needed help saving his apt, a lady who just drove up to the lot and needed money to get down to FL....

All had a similar theme, they had "money" coming in.
Yea, but this is different Doug!

Most systems report automatically, police reports, insurance claims, service tickets, .gov agencies, etc.
Got my license when I was 17. First car weeks after. When I sent in the registration, I had enough experience with computers and database systems to understand that a transposition is a very common thing. I intentionally transposed digits in my insurance number and wrote that number in my check register. For 30 years running, I put that same policy number on all paperwork sent to the state. I never ever had a ticket (and I had a bunch ) affect my insurance rates.

Can't take full credit, my older brother worked as a programmer for a local bank data-center and had mentioned that this was an easy way to lose records for bank tellers.

Ya don't say?
Old 05-16-2019, 03:36 PM
Der Flieger
CF Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

K-spaz. You are smooth.

In 'Nam, the supply folks always had to have a control number to account for everything. It was was all B.S. 'cause none of that **** was ever coming back to the U.S except the weapons systems. I used my Mother's ZIP code numerous times to "sign" for stuff. That was 54 years ago. I guess they're still looking for that stuff. Yeah, right.

Last edited by Der Flieger; 05-16-2019 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:52 PM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Der Flieger View Post
K-spaz. You are smooth.

In 'Nam, the supply folks always had to have a control number to account for everything. It was was all B.S. 'cause none of that **** was ever coming back to the U.S except the weapons systems. I used my Mother's ZIP code numerous times to "sign" for stuff. That was 54 years ago. I guess they're still looking for that stuff. Yeah, right.
Hey, numbers aren't your strong suit. Sounds like a legitimate mistake to me. Not everyone is blessed with a great memory.

Old 05-16-2019, 04:06 PM
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette View Post
Doug you wanna loan 10 and get 20% in writing Im game.
Sure thing the money is on the way.

Originally Posted by FourPennyDoug View Post
...I made a rule, no loans, no exceptions...
Old 05-16-2019, 04:15 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 69 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by K-Spaz View Post
Got my license when I was 17. First car weeks after. When I sent in the registration, I had enough experience with computers and database systems to understand that a transposition is a very common thing. I intentionally transposed digits in my insurance number and wrote that number in my check register. For 30 years running, I put that same policy number on all paperwork sent to the state. I never ever had a ticket (and I had a bunch ) affect my insurance rates.
So you're brave enough to admit on a public forum that you've been scamming the state of Pennsylvania for 30 years?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So are you brave enough to admit that you have been scammed in your life?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: