Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

concrete dave

Old 05-15-2019, 02:35 PM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

Received 226 Likes on 185 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by flange View Post
union shop, which requires drivers license, proof of citizenship, osha 10, and twix cards. Doubtful there will be many illegals.
Don't hold your breath...

Local company here just built a building, 815K Sq Ft. Nothing but illegals.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:39 PM
scottycards
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

union shop, which requires drivers license, proof of citizenship, osha 10, and twix cards. Doubtful there will be many illegals.

That's good. Pre-2016 you'd have caught a rash of **** for hiring unionistas, but I think that time has passed, so you're in the clear.

Make sure to take before/after pics.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:42 PM
HooosierDaddy
CF Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by K-Spaz View Post
Don't hold your breath...

Local company here just built a building, 815K Sq Ft. Nothing but illegals.
quit exaggerating...

we all know it was only 814K SqFt.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:45 PM
Der Flieger
CF Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice try, however like usual you have no idea what you are talking about. The prices are still slightly higher than what Dave would have charged me( he is in long island, I am in Pa). I bid the job out with the most heavily advertised guy around, his prices reflected his advertising costs. I then went into my network of friends and got a great referral. His prices are fair, but certainly not cheap ( otherwise his estimator wouldn't be driving around in a well labelled F350 ). As far as being cheap, well, I stood with them and discussed costs. I specifically told him I wasn't seeking any kind of discount, but rather wanted the base price, then pricing on options. We added them up and he offered a discount for bundling. I declined, telling him I expect a good contractor to make a profit, but I expect high quality workmanship. If that is cheap, so be it. Finally, jack hammers may still be used in bumfuck where you live, but not here. They saw cut and move large pieces with a bobcat.
Oh, and about the noise, my neighbors are all well to do righties who respect the working man, understand that it takes some noise to keep up with a property, and applaud each other for keeping the properties nice, even though we don't have an association. I highly doubt they will complain since the work will occur while they are out making money themselves, but you keep being you ever the contrarian.

P.S., this is a thank you to dave for his solid advice, as usual.
Let's see, Bobcats and concrete saws don't make noise? I see, no dust either. The noise from the mariachi band alone will have all those old farts up in arms. If a guy has to advertise a great deal to get business, he's most likely a cull. The F-350 is likely a rental with magnetic signs stuck on it. You'll do well with your 'business model'. I will ignore your snarky insults, and take your initial post as your way to get more free ****. Cheap ***** everywhere you look.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:52 PM
DDSLT5
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
You ever heard of PM n00b?

STFU N00b.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:53 PM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by HooosierDaddy View Post
quit exaggerating...

we all know it was only 814K SqFt.
You could be right!

http://www.lockhaven.com/news/local-...-here-in-2019/

Some of these nitwits stayed in a rental by me. There were 100s of em...
Old 05-15-2019, 03:04 PM
Vetteman Jack
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,232 Likes on 3,677 Posts
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by Murray Anderson View Post
Iím sure Dave will sleep well tonight now. Iíll PM him the breaking news

Donít worry, it will be on the news at 11pm.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:09 PM
Der Flieger
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by DDSLT5 View Post
STFU N00b.
Yeah. STFU, NoOb, or you'll be accused of following someone around, or some other ****.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:14 PM
flange
CF Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Der Flieger View Post
Let's see, Bobcats and concrete saws don't make noise? I see, no dust either. The noise from the mariachi band alone will have all those old farts up in arms. If a guy has to advertise a great deal to get business, he's most likely a cull. The F-350 is likely a rental with magnetic signs stuck on it. You'll do well with your 'business model'. I will ignore your snarky insults, and take your initial post as your way to get more free ****. Cheap ***** everywhere you look.
its been repeatedly brought to our attention here that there is an incessant source of unwanted noise as well, but you simply wont go away. hope you enjoy going through life as a cranky know it all.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:23 PM
Der Flieger
CF Senior Member

its been repeatedly brought to our attention here that there is an incessant source of unwanted noise as well, but you simply wont go away. hope you enjoy going through life as a cranky know it all.
Actually, do you really think anybody really gives a fig about that monstrosity you bought and are trying to turn ito a silk purse? Check the other posts in this thread.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:23 PM
scottycards
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

this thread.......
Old 05-15-2019, 03:28 PM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

Ya just have to take it in stride, these threads all go the same.

There's a few different groups here. Those who have decent tradesmen already lined up in their area and pay a fair price for good work. (not many of those). Then there's the folks who are all too proud to tell ya how much more they paid than any other sane person, and how they can afford to pay granite-countertop-per-sqft price for dirt work. Anyone who doesn't is poor and not as baller. Then there's the group who gets quoted numbers that are so fn insane they want to kill the ah who estimates. Those folks (me for one) then are ridiculed about how little we know about these industries and how hard it is to make ends meet in business (where again I'm clueless) and that I should suck it up and pay them because I can make more money doing my day job.

Did I miss anything?

Old 05-15-2019, 03:36 PM
Der Flieger
CF Senior Member

Ya just have to take it in stride, these threads all go the same.

There's a few different groups here. Those who have decent tradesmen already lined up in their area and pay a fair price for good work. (not many of those). Then there's the folks who are all too proud to tell ya how much more they paid than any other sane person, and how they can afford to pay granite-countertop-per-sqft price for dirt work. Anyone who doesn't is poor and not as baller. Then there's the group who gets quoted numbers that are so fn insane they want to kill the ah who estimates. Those folks (me for one) then are ridiculed about how little we know about these industries and how hard it is to make ends meet in business (where again I'm clueless) and that I should suck it up and pay them because I can make more money doing my day job.

Did I miss anything?

You know, if a guy doesn't have the skillls or knowlege to do a task, he can do a lot of prep work himself. You can rent Bobcats, jackhammers, and backhoes. From his past posts, I got the impression the OP does quite a bit of it himself. Guess I was wrong.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:41 PM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

You know, if a guy doesn't have the skillls or knowlege to do a task, he can do a lot of prep work himself. You can rent Bobcats, jackhammers, and backhoes. From his past posts, I got the impression the OP does quite a bit of it himself. Guess I was wrong.
I don't think that's so. USED to do that sort of thing and does know how? Sure. Does it now? Nope. Now, I could be mistaken, but my guess is he's much rather just find someone at ANY reasonable price, and have them do a good job that he doesn't need to f around with after they're done. IOW, his part of the job is rolling the gas grill out on Sat Am.

Again, I could be mistaken.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:42 PM
MY03C5Z
CF Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Old 05-15-2019, 03:59 PM
Z'ha'dum
CF Senior Member

Location: I tell people I'm from Detroit...but nobody really lives IN Detroit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Proof positive that OT will argue about anything
Old 05-15-2019, 04:01 PM
flange
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '14

Actually, do you really think anybody really gives a fig about that monstrosity you bought and are trying to turn ito a silk purse? Check the other posts in this thread.
I don't think that's so. USED to do that sort of thing and does know how? Sure. Does it now? Nope. Now, I could be mistaken, but my guess is he's much rather just find someone at ANY reasonable price, and have them do a good job that he doesn't need to f around with after they're done. IOW, his part of the job is rolling the gas grill out on Sat Am.

Again, I could be mistaken.
you are pretty accurate, but you knew that.

do I have the skills and knowledge, absolutely. the problem is that I was rear ended in my previous corvette by a truck doing 70 mph while I was sitting still. some days I struggle to walk, others I am perfectly fine. if I move wrong it throws my back out. it isn't worth my saving money on certain things to not be able to walk for a week or two, I earn plenty of money and have more than I need. I like hiring quality pros so they can feed their families, just as my employees are able to do. . I honestly wish I could do it myself still.
I don't know what monstrosity you are referring to me buying, I have lived here for quite some time(20 years to be exact). I am more than happy in this older, well built 4 bed, 3 bath home, but as things wear out or look dated, you replace them(well normal people do anyway) . last year was siding, windows and doors. this year it will be roof, decks and driveway.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:02 PM
flange
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Z'ha'dum View Post
Proof positive that OT will argue about anything
I guess it makes der fuggup feel important to criticize and flat out make stuff up about members here. he knows nothing about me.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:10 PM
Der Flieger
CF Senior Member

I guess it makes der fuggup feel important to criticize and flat out make stuff up about members here. he knows nothing about me.
All I know about you is what you post. If your diary is wrong, I guess someone is wrong. Butt-hurt is good.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:12 PM
flange
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '14

All I know about you is what you post. If your diary is wrong, I guess someone is wrong. Butt-hurt is good.
no butt hurt at all. the multimillion dollar home is at the beach and is home #3. this is for my modest primary residence.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: concrete dave

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: