Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

So have you ever been busted for exhibition of acceleration?

Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

So have you ever been busted for exhibition of acceleration?

Old 05-16-2019, 10:44 AM
gixxerbill
CF Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
Default So have you ever been busted for exhibition of acceleration?

I was making a left hand turn yesterday and gave it some gas not crazy but some gas and the vette lost a little traction because of gravel but regained it. After the next light I see the flashing lights behind I knew it had to be my little tail end spin so I pulled over. He said nice sporty car noticed you got sideways back two lights. I said yea I guess it was gravel and it cut loose. He said you don't think you were too hard on the throttle. I said well I was on the throttle but not crazy on the throttle. He said listen I know your car is fast but if you want to get on it you need to go out to the country. I said yes sir. He said there are alot of transients around here you don't want to hit one do you? (wanted to say one less problem for us to deal with) but I didn't and said yes sir again. Cool cop and no ticket.

Another time though I had just filled my nitrous bottle up in my prowler and did two really good burnouts in front of a big bus stop. I go down a couple of miles and see 8 or 9 cops cars chasing me. i go crap and pull over and the cop comes to the window and says "get out the car now!" I didn't even know what i did because it had been a while since the burnouts. I ended up getting two exhibition tickets, 2 failure to signal lane changes and 2 running stop signs( I did not do that I stopped all the way) I went back to find some people at the bus stationi but they don't make very good witnesses. Had to hire a lawyer on that one 6 moving violations could have cost me my license .

So have you ever been busted for exhibition what were you doing and what happened?

Last edited by gixxerbill; 05-16-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:48 AM
04 commemorative
CF Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

nope
Old 05-16-2019, 10:49 AM
Swany00
CF Senior Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

you should have argued harder
Old 05-16-2019, 10:54 AM
DDSLT5
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Nope - I have eyes.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:55 AM
Anton Chigurh
CF Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I was making a left hand turn yesterday and gave it some gas not crazy but some gas and the vette lost a little traction because of gravel but regained it. After the next light I see the flashing lights behind I knew it had to be my little tail end spin so I pulled over. He said nice sporty car noticed you got sideways back two lights. I said yea I guess it was gravel and it cut loose. He said you don't think you were too hard on the throttle. I said well I was on the throttle but not crazy on the throttle. He said listen I know your car is fast but if you want to get on it you need to go out to the country. I said yes sir. He said there are alot of transients around here you don't want to hit one do you? (wanted to say one less problem for us to deal with) but I didn't and said yes sir again. Cool cop and no ticket.

Another time though I had just filled my nitrous bottle up in my prowler and did two really good burnouts in front of a big bus stop. I go down a couple of miles and see 8 or 9 cops cars chasing me. i go crap and pull over and the cop comes to the window and says "get out the car now!" I didn't even know what i did because it had been a while since the burnouts. I ended up getting two exhibition tickets, 2 failure to signal lane changes and 2 running stop signs( I did not do that I stopped all the way) I went back to find some people at the bus stationi but they don't make very good witnesses. Had to hire a lawyer on that one 6 moving violations could have cost me my license .

So have you ever been busted for exhibition what were you doing and what happened?

I got better things to do than read a novel....
Old 05-16-2019, 10:58 AM
scottycards
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Nope, and I don't make up bullshit stories in a desperate cry for attention, either.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:59 AM
flange
CF Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

I had a modified fox body mustang back in the day. It would do 12's at the track so it wasn't terribly fast, but in that era it was pretty quick. One night after working a very long day, I was headed home on a twelve lane roadway( six each direction). There were intermittent lights, but not a crazy amount. At one light, it went down into a tunnel where a cross street went overhead. I came off that light at about 3000 rpm when I dumped the clutch, spun hard and took off. There was a cop three lanes over In an unmarked car. He said I took off too fast and he clocked me at 94 coming up the other side of the tunnel. He originally thought he had a dui case, as it was around midnight, but I had zero drinks. He hit me with a ticket at 28 over, as 30 over here meant loss of license. I went to court, admitted guilt and bargained it down to a fine and no points. I learned my lesson that night. The financials don't make sense for driving like that on the street.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:00 AM
ClipperFan
CF Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Got stopped for speeding. I was testing car before street races, and I stopped and passed the attitude test. SLOW down! GO home now! And I said, yes sir.....thank you
. (Long time ago)
Old 05-16-2019, 11:04 AM
flange
CF Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Another night, I was up against a 63 split window at a light. It had blacked out windows so I couldn't tell who was driving, but it was the infamous one. The plate on the front said beat me eat me, so I knew it was the hot blonde who would have oral sex with anyone who had a faster car and could beat her from a standing start. As the other light turned yellow, I got on the throttle and took it to 400. I took a little air out of the rear air bags and launched hard. As I shifted into second and sidestepped the clutch, we were neck and neck. She got rubber In all four gears, I suspect she had a competition clutch and lake bars. I am almost certain that by the time she got into top gear she was hitting 140. I tried like hell to beat her, but lost. Cops were following, we both got pulled over, but they only gave the loser, me, a ticket. She got off scott free.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:05 AM
Steve_R
‘Sack
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,171 Likes on 980 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

No. I don't do stupid dangerous stunts on public roads.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:18 AM
MidLifeinMI
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never got pulled over in either Vette, because the loud-ish exhaust (Borlas on one; B&B Bullets on the other) made me self-conscious enough to be careful how deep I got into it unless I was out in a remote area, away from traffic. So far in the F-Type, no craziness either (loud also, with standard factory cutouts) for similar reasons, but I've only had it for 2 weeks so far. Hope I keep the track record going, but it sounds SOOOO sweet when you put you foot in it.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:26 AM
gixxerbill
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
No. I don't do stupid dangerous stunts on public roads.
a burn out is a dangerous stunt? ROLF
Old 05-16-2019, 11:27 AM
Swany00
CF Senior Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

what if you hit a homeless person, you insensitive ****

Old 05-16-2019, 11:29 AM
Z06PSI
1SG of the Goon Squad
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 216 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18

Speeding and stunt driving = shitty transmission performance.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:30 AM
gixxerbill
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by MidLifeinMI View Post
Never got pulled over in either Vette, because the loud-ish exhaust (Borlas on one; B&B Bullets on the other) made me self-conscious enough to be careful how deep I got into it unless I was out in a remote area, away from traffic. So far in the F-Type, no craziness either (loud also, with standard factory cutouts) for similar reasons, but I've only had it for 2 weeks so far. Hope I keep the track record going, but it sounds SOOOO sweet when you put you foot in it.
that's what he said it that he heard me and that is what made him look. I don't where he was. I'm going to have to remember that. I just didn't think the vette was that loud. I guess because I am inside and never hear another one because most people here drive em like grandmas.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:30 AM
chevyjeff
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes,
quite a few of them back in the 80's and 90's due to burnouts, donuts in parking lot, catching too hard of a second gear scratch next to a undercover cop, and yes street racing down forest lane and emerald street.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:31 AM
gixxerbill
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Swany00 View Post

He wouldn't be homeless anymore.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Steve_R
‘Sack
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,171 Likes on 980 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Spend a few minutes on Youtube watching idiots doing burnouts, losing control and crashing.

*ROFL
Old 05-16-2019, 11:34 AM
rprice
CF Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Swany00 View Post

Surely, and don't call me Shurley, you're being sarcastic.

Last edited by rprice; 05-16-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:36 AM
BadUmp
CF Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

no way; Murphy's Law, plan ahead . . .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So have you ever been busted for exhibition of acceleration?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: