Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Tesla owners?

Old 06-21-2019, 05:20 PM
Hurricane
CF Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran

Originally Posted by JoesC5 View Post
484 locations of their fast chargers for the EV vs over 100,000 locations to buy gasoline for the ICE's. Plus it still takes as much as 5-6 times the amount of time to charge to 100% your EV as it does to fill the tank of an ICE to 100%. Then you have to go hunting for one of those rare 484 locations, whereas there are 3 or 4 gas stations located on the next corner, with the dozen, or more, gas pumps being less than 100 feet from the street you are driving on.

Does the Walmart in Chama, NM have a fast charger for your EV? hell, they don't even have a Walmart in Chama, NM. The closest Walmart to Chama is the one in Pagosa Springs, CO. That's 53 miles of pushing your dead EV just to get a charge(with some serious mountains to cross). I wonder how many decades it will take for that particular Walmart to get their fast charger installed, so one can drive their EV to Chama to enjoy a nice vacation riding the old narrow gauge steam powered train?

If I remember correctly, back in 2015 your savior said that his Tesla would have a 600 mile range by 2017. Here it is, half way through 2019, and he gets **** for range. Want to extend the range of the Model X by 60 miles in 2019 , it will only cost you another $10,000 for a larger battery. What a ******* joke. The manufacturer of an ICE powered vehicle can get another 60 miles of range by increasing the size of it's gas tank by less than 2 gallons. That would probably cost around $6.37 in additional plastic.

That additional 60 miles of range for $10,000 doesn't mean you get 60 additional miles of range on the same amount of electricity used. All it means is that you can travel 60 additional miles before having to get a charge, and it will take additional time to charge the battery vs the shorter range model. With an ICE, it will take abut a minute of additional time to fill the 2 gallon larger gas tank. not 20 additional minutes required to charge the Tesla.
New Mexico is over 2,000 miles away from me and I have no plans to drive there any time soon. That is a really odd example. And the comparison of number of gas stations is a red herring. I won’t visit 100k gas stations in my life time. I would only need a few charging stations for any trips longer than a few hundred miles, especially since I could charge at home for 99 percent of my needs with an EV.

I wouldn’t bet against Porsche (or VAG) - they are putting a ton of money into battery development and production. You may not be around to see it but longer range EVs are coming very soon. The next few years are going to be very interesting!
Old 06-21-2019, 05:45 PM
JoesC5
CF Senior Member

Received 1,506 Likes on 1,080 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
New Mexico is over 2,000 miles away from me and I have no plans to drive there any time soon. That is a really odd example. And the comparison of number of gas stations is a red herring. I won’t visit 100k gas stations in my life time. I would only need a few charging stations for any trips longer than a few hundred miles, especially since I could charge at home for 99 percent of my needs with an EV.

I wouldn’t bet against Porsche (or VAG) - they are putting a ton of money into battery development and production. You may not be around to see it but longer range EVs are coming very soon. The next few years are going to be very interesting!

It' really is a terrible shame that you are content to not explore outside of your little safe space back east in VA. But, have you ever thought of driving over to Cass, WV and ride the steam train there. It's not that far a drive for you, so you should not experience any anxiety attacks, from being away from your safe space.

Me, and tens of millions of others each year, get out of our living rooms each year. I have driven my C6 Z06 in 40 or the 50 states, Coast to coast and border to border. One thing that all of us that get out of our recliners have in common, is that we are all just a short distance from one of the over 100,000 gas stations across the US no matter where we might be in the USA. I won't be visiting everyone of those gas stations either, but I know for a fact, that there will be one just a short distance down the road, where I can fill my Mercedes or my Corvette, unlike a few hundred fast chargers to charge your EV.
Old 06-21-2019, 06:12 PM
Meh
CF Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

"Interior Secretary Ken Salazar Designates the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad a National Historic Landmark"

For something being in the middle of nowhere they attract over 40,000 passengers yearly to ride 64 miles on an old train. I'll take that train ride any day vs viewing a Kroger in Monterey, in a Tesla.

No Superchargers in Branson either, yet millions(7.2 million) of people visit Branson each year. Most of them arrive in their private cars, not on the top of a freight train from across the border, like in California. More people that visit Branson see a live performance by Clay Cooper, than watch you wash your wife's minivan in Monterey. And Clay has a Corvette. 56,000 theater seats(11,000 ore than on Broadway in New York). 18,000 lodging rooms plus anther 5,000 in surrounding area. 35,000 restaurant seats. How does that compare to Monterey, California(the center of you your universe)?

Better check out Yellowstone. No Superchargers there either, yet millions visit that old place each year, located in the middle of nowhere. More than visit an old cannery in Monterey. There is more to life then enjoying a fine fish dinner at Captain D's in your little hole in the wall location.

How about the Smokey Mountains(also located in the middle of nowhere). The number 1 visited National Park(Approximately the same number of visitors that visit 6 National Parks that are located in California) , I would rather drive the Blue Ridge Parkway in a Corvette than Hwy 101 through Salinas, near you, in a Tesla.

Tell me, how is the smell in San Francisco these days? I bet millions of tourists are enjoying walking around that city trying to miss the piles of **** all over the sidewalks. Instead of taking their kids on a beautiful train ride in the mountains north of Chama, NM , or watch ole faithful in Yellowstone, WY, they can let their kids play with used needles in San Francisco. I understand that there is no shortage of them in your neck of the woods.
You sure have a lot of time on your hands. You're correct, there is nothing to see or do here. We have no historical landmarks and no tourists. Our weather sucks. Our real estate is worthless. Nobody wants to be here.

Oh, and San Francisco is 2+ hours away and the last time I was there was probably 20+ years ago, so I couldn't tell you too much about it. I'm guessing the Castro district smells pretty similar to your bedroom.
Old 06-21-2019, 06:18 PM
JoesC5
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Meh View Post
You sure have a lot of time on your hands. You're correct, there is nothing to see or do here. We have no historical landmarks and no tourists. Our weather sucks. Our real estate is worthless. Nobody wants to be here.

Oh, and San Francisco is 2+ hours away and the last time I was there was probably 20+ years ago, so I couldn't tell you too much about it. I'm guessing the Castro district smells pretty similar to your bedroom.

So you are the one who broke into my house and stole my dirty underwear. When you finish licking them clean, would you please return them. I can't afford to keep replacing my stolen underwear and then be able to afford an additional $10,000 to get an additional 60 miles of range on my new Tesla.

Last edited by JoesC5; 06-21-2019 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 06:21 PM
Meh
CF Senior Member

So you are the one who broke into my house and stole my dirty underwear. When you finish licking them clean, would you please return them. I can't afford to keep replacing my stolen underwear and then be able to afford an additional $10,000 to get an additional 60 miles of range on my new Tesla.
Why does your underwear smell like a bunch of gay dudes? Is this your way of coming out?
Old 06-21-2019, 06:40 PM
JoesC5
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Meh View Post
Why does your underwear smell like a bunch of gay dudes? Is this your way of coming out?
I have no idea what the underwear of a bunch of gay dudes smell like, but apparently you do. That is quite an admission from you. You know what my dirty underwear smells like and you know what the gay dudes underwear smells like.

You do get around in your wife's minivan. I bet you are driving the wheels off it, driving that 2 hours each way to San Francisco every day to smell the gay dudes underwear, then to Springfield every other month to help yourself to my dirty underwear when I'm out driving my C6 Z06 to some out of the way national park where they don't have any Tesla Superchargers.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:06 PM
Meh
CF Senior Member

I have no idea what the underwear of a bunch of gay dudes smell like, but apparently you do. That is quite an admission from you. You know what my dirty underwear smells like and you know what the gay dudes underwear smells like.

You do get around in your wife's minivan. I bet you are driving the wheels off it, driving that 2 hours each way to San Francisco every day to smell the gay dudes underwear, then to Springfield every other month to help yourself to my dirty underwear when I'm out driving my C6 Z06 to some out of the way national park where they don't have any Tesla Superchargers.
Wow, that's hilarious. Do you write your own material?
Old 06-21-2019, 08:04 PM
JoesC5
CF Senior Member

Switching from my dirty underwear to Tesla's dirty underwear.

What smell are they hiding?

"Finally, there was a noticeable absence from the list, Tesla.

"For certain states, we need the manufacturer’s permission for us to contact their customers," J.D. Power said in a statement. "These states make up approximately 70 percent of Tesla’s sales volume, and Tesla does not give us approval in these states. (All other automakers do give permission.) Therefore we only have responses from states which comprise about 30 percent of Tesla’s sales volume, and our current rules preclude us from reporting publicly on what may be an unrepresentative sample of customers." "
Old 06-21-2019, 08:26 PM
SilverC1
CF Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I totally get why some people have no interest in ever owning a Tesla, or any EV for that matter. But what I don't get is why some people are completely incensed that other people are interested in Teslas, as well as other EVs.

It's not like the existence of EVs is going to do away with gas-engine vehicles any time in the foreseeable future, let alone non-plug-in hybrids. Or is that the fear that is at the root of the anger?

(I also understand and conceptually agree with those who are opposed to tax breaks for buying an EV or plug-in hybrid. But they exist, like it or not, even if they are going away at some point... And in the case of Tesla, the federal tax credit will soon be down to only $1875, or 25% of the original federal tax credit, and will be further decreased down to nothing at the end of this year.)

Last edited by SilverC1; 06-21-2019 at 08:27 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 07:09 AM
JoesC5
CF Senior Member

Tesla drivers are the most confused...says a lot about them.

Is it any wonder why they get confused as to how far they can drive their Tesla between Superchargers to get their battery charged?

Last edited by JoesC5; 06-22-2019 at 07:18 AM.
Old 06-22-2019, 05:31 PM
ThePirate
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

JoesC5 you are the best. I laugh more at your posts than most others. Don't remind me that it's not nice to laugh at stupidity.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:23 PM
JoesC5
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ThePirate View Post
JoesC5 you are the best. I laugh more at your posts than most others. Don't remind me that it's not nice to laugh at stupidity.

I heard that it takes great man to laugh at themselves. You are a great man. I admire you to be able to laugh at your own stupidity.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:43 AM
higgyburners
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy
St. Jude Donor '15

This show is the fuckiing best
Old 07-12-2019, 02:05 AM
Grzldvt1
CF Senior Member

Received 350 Likes on 198 Posts

Ya Joe presents the dumbest arguments on the planet and his ignorance is very entertaining.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:09 AM
NDMIKE88
CF Senior Member

Received 113 Likes on 97 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

EV's do not interest me. Maybe someday in the future but right now no thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tesla owners?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: