Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

New Jeep- What should I expect to pay?

Notices
Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

New Jeep- What should I expect to pay?

Old 07-12-2019, 03:47 PM
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by KarlK View Post
****'s getting serious FPD, looks like you're getting two timed.
Better break out a fresh box of Franzia and get to typing!
Gotta love the irony, a used car salesmen not condoning poor behavior and calling them out gets roasted by OT who hates stealerships, yet now they feel compelled to make excuses for one who acted shitty.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:50 PM
scottycards
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by FourPennyDoug View Post

Just saw your edit; why did they have to order one in if they have a **** ton of inventory that meets your needs?
Because I'm particular as ****, and every one that meets my needs in their current inventory exceeds what I need, and I'm trying to not buy anything I don't need. I'm buying a super basic Jeep, because I want to build it up slowly with better aftermarket parts, so it makes sense to not buy anything already installed. I enjoy this ****.

Okay, I'll play the role of the GM.

"Sorry Mr. Scotty but your Jeep got held up and won't be here until tomorrow or the next day at the latest."

What's your move.
I say, "I'm here with my documents and payment, and we have a contract (offer and acceptance, conveyance of funds). I need you to honor it. What are the options for us to complete a deal?"

Then, it's his turn. I end up with something he has in inventory, and that he lowers to our contracted price. He has several vehicles within a thousand or two that will work, and that he can substitute, in a pinch. He may not be happy about it, but he really doesn't have much else to do, short of turning me away, and dealing with a possible **** storm, because he knows he's basically obligated at this point to hold his end of the deal up, as you stated earlier in this thread.

It's really not that scary of a scenario. At worst from his perspective, I drive off with a higher optioned Jeep, and he eats a grand or two.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:50 PM
repo
CF Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
St Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by snide View Post
Ballin'
lol, all the stress and anxiety associated with the cracker, was worth the 400 profit, or better put, 2 months of his "nut" .
Old 07-12-2019, 03:56 PM
repo
CF Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
St Jude Donor '14-'15

Okay, I'll play the role of the GM.

"Sorry Mr. Scotty but your Jeep got held up and won't be here until tomorrow or the next day at the latest."

What's your move.

Just saw your edit; why did they have to order one in if they have a **** ton of inventory that meets your needs?
Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
Because I'm particular as ****, and every one that meets my needs in their current inventory exceeds what I need, and I'm trying to not buy anything I don't need. I'm buying a super basic Jeep, because I want to build it up slowly with better aftermarket parts, so it makes sense to not buy anything already installed. I enjoy this ****.

I say, "I'm here with my documents and payment, and we have a contract (offer and acceptance, conveyance of funds). I need you to honor it. What are the options for us to complete a deal?"

Then, it's his turn. I end up with something he has in inventory, and that he lowers to our contracted price. He has several vehicles within a thousand or two that will work, and that he can substitute, in a pinch. He may not be happy about it, but he really doesn't have much else to do, short of turning me away, and dealing with a possible **** storm, because he knows he's basically obligated at this point to hold his end of the deal up, as you stated earlier in this thread.

It's really not that scary of a scenario. At worst from his perspective, I drive off with a higher optioned Jeep, and he eats a grand or two.

Or they deliver it to you free of charge.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:06 PM
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Good luck! In my experience all this thread chatter just makes it more fun when you get what you want!
Old 07-12-2019, 04:16 PM
scottycards
CF Senior Member

Good luck! In my experience all this thread chatter just makes it more fun when you get what you want!
Oh completely, it's just discussion for fun. I figured buying a new car never comes without drama, so why not make a thread?

But don't turn away too soon, tomorrow morning might get interesting, who knows? You guys might get some great laughs at my expense.....certainly wouldn't be the first time for me to look like an idiot!
Old 07-12-2019, 04:23 PM
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Oh completely, it's just discussion for fun. I figured buying a new car never comes without drama, so why not make a thread?

But don't turn away too soon, tomorrow morning might get interesting, who knows? You guys might get some great laughs at my expense.....certainly wouldn't be the first time for me to look like an idiot!
We can only hope.

It does look like that have decent inventory but I don't see any 4 door sports in inventory on Autotrader with a soft top.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:31 PM
KarlK
CF Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

going to be fun when they go for the upsell
Old 07-12-2019, 04:31 PM
scottycards
CF Senior Member

We can only hope.

It does look like that have decent inventory but I don't see any 4 door sports in inventory on Autotrader with a soft top.
Yeah, that why this turned into kind of a quest- the 4dr sport soft top, and automatic with V6. Other than the auto, it's as cheap as you can go.

I don't get Jeep hardtops, the soft top is part of what makes a Jeep a Jeep for me. If it rains, flip it up. Sunshine, down. But I think hard tops way outsell soft tops.

Just talked to salesperson, she says it's there. Funny, that doesn't improve my confidence a single iota.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:33 PM
Swany00
CF Senior Member

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Yeah, that why this turned into kind of a quest- the 4dr sport soft top, and automatic with V6. Other than the auto, it's as cheap as you can go.

I don't get Jeep hardtops, the soft top is part of what makes a Jeep a Jeep for me. If it rains, flip it up. Sunshine, down. But I think hard tops way outsell soft tops.

Just talked to salesperson, she says it's there. Funny, that doesn't improve my confidence a single iota.
shouldn't you be dealing only with the GM?
Old 07-12-2019, 04:35 PM
scottycards
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Swany00 View Post
shouldn't you be dealing only with the GM?
One would think.

I texted and called him, no answer. So I called saleswoman, she picked up.

But the GM just did call me, apologized profusely, and said we're good to go.

I still have no expectations.....
Old 07-12-2019, 04:37 PM
The_Dude
CF Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

Old 07-12-2019, 04:47 PM
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Kinda brings me back to my first post about it being sad that they could not instill more confidence in somebody who is making what is typically the second largest purchase of one's life. I sold a truck recently sight unseen to a guy 6 hours away and by the end the guy remarked quote "First time internet buyer, WOW, thanks for your help."

So just goes to show you there is a reason this car salesperson is in sales.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:56 PM
snide
CF Senior Member

Location: You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make him think. - snide The problem with the gene
Received 151 Likes on 62 Posts
CI 4-5-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Kinda brings me back to my first post about it being sad that they could not instill more confidence in somebody who is making what is typically the second largest purchase of one's life. I sold a truck recently sight unseen to a guy 6 hours away and by the end the guy remarked quote "First time internet buyer, WOW, thanks for your help."

You typed that with a straight face, didn't you.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:06 PM
scottycards
CF Senior Member

If you had a new JL on the lot, I'd for sure work with FPD at BFM. Best in the business!
Old 07-12-2019, 05:10 PM
The_Dude
CF Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

If you had a new JL on the lot, I'd for sure work with FPD at BFM. Best in the business!
Old 07-12-2019, 05:58 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by LarsAtTheBeach View Post
I believe Doug and VJ would make a great pair. They are similar in many ways...and used to be in other ways...
The heart wants what the heart wants.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:23 PM
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

No reason not to. I suck at a lot of things in life but customer service through the sale is not one of them.

Did you type that with a straight face?
Old 07-12-2019, 07:27 PM
snide
CF Senior Member

Location: You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make him think. - snide The problem with the gene
Received 151 Likes on 62 Posts
CI 4-5-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Did you type that with a straight face?
Old 07-12-2019, 07:35 PM
LarsAtTheBeach
CF Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Great thread Scotty.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Jeep- What should I expect to pay?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: