Notices
Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Cat people....

Old 07-10-2019, 10:44 PM
NEED-A-VETTE
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Now all the vampires walkin' through the valley move west down Ventura Boulevard ——— Los Angeles
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

A baby showed up on the patio a few months ago. Just showed up on day. .

She was pretty scrawny, so we began feeding her. My daughter was in town and made her a covered spot on the patio because we were having some very wet weather. Fast forward a few weeks and a few vet trips later...indoor cat.

Last edited by NEED-A-VETTE; 07-10-2019 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:49 PM
WICKEDFRC
CF Senior Member

Received 509 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by acroy View Post
Two dogs and a cat die and go to heaven.

They are brought before God, who interviews them to determine their fate. He asks the first dog, "What did you do when you were alive on earth?"

The first dog answers, "For 15 years I was a guide dog for a blind person. I was killed protecting them from being hit by a taxi."

"Very good," says God. "You will sit at my left side."

God turns his attention to the second dog and asks, "What did you do when you were alive on earth?"

The second dog responds, "I was a police dog for 12 years. I was shot and killed trying to subdue an armed bank robber."

God smiles and nods. "Very good. You will sit at my right side."

God now looks at the cat and begins to ask, "What did you --"

The cat interrupts, "You're in my chair."
Hahahahahahahahahahaha Good one!!!
Old 07-10-2019, 10:51 PM
HBsurfer
CF Senior Member

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
TONY: Sorry to hear about your cat. I keep waiting for that to happen, lucked out so far. My two are littermates and do not know life without each other. Whoever goes first, the one left will not be happy.

My cats' DOB: January 2005, brother (with white) and sister. They go in and out at their leisure, no litterbox. I live in the woods and really need them, the mice are endless but they keep the population down to a dull roar. They vet is amazed that they are 14 and are outdoor cats. I'm amazed too.
Thank you my friend. We have had several cats and when they died, I was a little bummed out for a few days, but this one, holy cow. He was with me everywhere. In the yard. In the garage. Sat with me at night. Hard to do anything without feeling sad. I have turned into a wimp.
T
Old 07-10-2019, 11:17 PM
vettebuyer6369

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 1,779 Likes on 1,095 Posts

Originally Posted by BOTYNV1 View Post
We had to take ours to U of I Vet school last week to have an ear tumor removed, 5 hours and $1500 later she ia her crazy kitty self.
My wife had a kitty a few years back with some ongoing problems that resulted in a few trips to U of I and some ugly check writing.

After awhile she started calling him “bonus” because she’d spend her annual bonus at the U of I on him.

She’d do it again.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:35 PM
owc6
CF Senior Member

Received 2,749 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Originally Posted by VegasJen View Post
Does your cat do this?

My cat will come looking for attention. I start to pet her and then she walks just out of reach, then turns and looks at me like I'm a bitch because I didn't follow her to pet her.

Little ********.
Or worse.

Every summer evening, we go out to the pond to feed the hundreds of fish in the pond, and the cats, of course, have to follow us. As soon as they realize where we are going, they are right there, and at least one of them will flop down directly on one of the eight steps leading down to the pond. Not always the same cat, but I swear, they all have the same goal of tripping and disabling us long enough so that the container of fish food/AKA Kitty Crack will lay there long enough for them to devour the entire thing!

Even the one cat who has never liked it. They do have their own agendas, that's for sure. That's one reason why we like them, IMO.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:05 AM
Bruze
CF Senior Member

Received 924 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by HBsurfer View Post
Thank you my friend. We have had several cats and when they died, I was a little bummed out for a few days, but this one, holy cow. He was with me everywhere. In the yard. In the garage. Sat with me at night. Hard to do anything without feeling sad. I have turned into a wimp.
There are coyotes around here too although not as many as there used to be -- but I do worry about it. Do you know for sure that's what got your cat?

My male cat (with the white) acts more like a dog than a cat, follows me around too, and sleeps right next to me. His sister is more the typically aloof cat. They were very different as kittens, and remain so.

The wiring harnesses on my Vette would've probably been destroyed in short order by mice if I didn't have these cats around.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:54 AM
ThePirate
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel bad for anyone who loses a pet. Cats can be cute and cuddly, I get that. If cats could be restricted to being on a leash, kept off the food prep area in the house, kept out of crapping in my garden, kept from killing birds, and other living things, kept from getting on cars and scratching the paint., I could like them. Can't understand letting a cat out knowing it will **** off other people. Just like dogs, cats should not be allowed out without being on a leash.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:09 PM
Paul Borowski
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Cleo & Jewel

Jewel

Raven

I have three hairless pussies
Old 07-11-2019, 02:56 PM
ThePirate
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats exactly what I was talking about. You cat is sitting on top of a counter in the kitchen. If you saw that they did that in a restaurant that you frequented you would have a **** fit.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:04 PM
patriotpa
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 07-11-2019, 03:06 PM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by VegasJen View Post
Does your cat do this?

My cat will come looking for attention. I start to pet her and then she walks just out of reach, then turns and looks at me like I'm a bitch because I didn't follow her to pet her.

Little ********.
In my experience, yes, female cats do this. JUST out of reach so you have to move. Also, in stead of just siting down, prance back and forth like an idiot, not a lot different than females of other species...
Old 07-11-2019, 03:08 PM
Meh
CF Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePirate View Post
Thats exactly what I was talking about. You cat is sitting on top of a counter in the kitchen. If you saw that they did that in a restaurant that you frequented you would have a **** fit.
Do you not clean the surface you are going to place food on before preparing it?
Old 07-11-2019, 03:14 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePirate View Post
That is the one bugaboo about my cat I'm not happy about. She feels perfectly at home jumping up on my counters. And I dislike it for the same reason you do.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:03 PM
Chambered
CF Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Our cats do not jump up on the kitchen counters, because they have learned they are not allowed on them. They can learn that early.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:10 PM
vettebuyer6369

Originally Posted by Chambered View Post
Our cats do not jump up on the kitchen counters, because they have learned they are not allowed on them. They can learn that early.

Whaaat ?

Old 07-11-2019, 04:11 PM
patriotpa
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Chambered View Post
Our cats do not jump up on the kitchen counters WHEN WE CAN SEE THEM, because they have learned they are not allowed on them. They can learn that early.
Fixed it for ya!

Don't believe me? dust it with flour and watch the footprints magically appear!
Old 07-11-2019, 04:17 PM
vettebuyer6369

Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
Fixed it for ya!

Don't believe me? dust it with flour and watch the footprints magically appear!

What they “learn early” is not to do it when you are looking.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:56 PM
SilverC1
CF Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Our cat Shasta passed away two years ago, but when she was alive she and I had a couple of little rituals, very different from how she acted with my wife. My wife was still our cat's favorite, but that said, the cat liked to lie on my chest when I was lying on the sofa, watching TV. Shasta would park herself there, with her face inches from mine, while I tugged on her ears. I'm not sure why she liked it, but she did!

Shasta also had a thing about knocking over my plastic cup full of water (or sometimes another drink). I like having a large plastic cup of (usually) ice water, and the cat would try to knock it over at any opportunity. Just my cup - if my wife had a drink out, the cat left it alone.... So I'd have to keep my cup out of reach of the cat. But then I felt bad about depriving her of a little fun, so sometimes I'd leave the cup out, with a small amount of water in it, just so she could knock it over....

One of Shasta's little tricks with my wife was "helping" her play the piano. Anytime my wife sat down at the piano, Shasta would jump up and either hit some keys with her paws, or just walk on a section of the keyboard. Very avant-garde musical style!

Last edited by SilverC1; 07-12-2019 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:32 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by vettebuyer6369 View Post

QFT

I once set up a video camera pointed at the couch. As I left the room I said to the dog "now don't sleep on the couch!"

Of course the video shows that, the moment I go upstairs, she jumps right up onto the couch... And when she hears me coming back, she jumps back down onto the floor.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:36 PM
BOTYNV1
CF Senior Member

Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by vettebuyer6369 View Post

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cat people....

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: