Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Cat people....

Old 07-11-2019, 09:14 PM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

Received 301 Likes on 239 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by vettebuyer6369 View Post

What they “learn early” is not to do it when you are looking.
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
QFT

I once set up a video camera pointed at the couch. As I left the room I said to the dog "now don't sleep on the couch!"

Of course the video shows that, the moment I go upstairs, she jumps right up onto the couch... And when she hears me coming back, she jumps back down onto the floor.
Sounds familiar. I have a security camera that looks down over my kitchen and I've often caught my cat's up on the Dinette. I'll holler at them over the security system and they just look up at the camera like, you're not here, you don't seriously think I'm getting down? Of course if I'm upstairs and I start down the steps I can watch with my phone in hand and no sooner do I open the door they get down. Now if I'm doing this from at work I may as well Bark at the Moon.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:47 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 20 Posts

My very first cat, and still my favorite, used to lay on my chest with her back legs straddling my stomach. She put her head in my neck and would purr. Got to where I couldn't sleep if the cat wasn't there. She got run over. I still miss that cat to this day.

Same cat. Back in the day, I had a top load, carousel CD changer. She liked to sleep on it because it was warm. I wouldn't have minded except for all the cat hair that got in it. I may have loved the cat but I wasn't going to let her ruin a $200 CD changer. Made a "net" of duct tape, then taped it sticky-side-up on top of the CD changer. She never got on the CD changer after that.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:02 AM
tikiman
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by K-Spaz View Post
Sounds familiar. I have a security camera that looks down over my kitchen and I've often caught my cat's up on the Dinette. I'll holler at them over the security system and they just look up at the camera like, you're not here, you don't seriously think I'm getting down? Of course if I'm upstairs and I start down the steps I can watch with my phone in hand and no sooner do I open the door they get down. Now if I'm doing this from at work I may as well Bark at the Moon.

Twenty five mouse traps will cure them of that.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:17 PM
solidaxel
CF Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 45 Posts

Old 07-12-2019, 01:39 PM
FourPennyDoug
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePirate View Post
Thats exactly what I was talking about. You cat is sitting on top of a counter in the kitchen. If you saw that they did that in a restaurant that you frequented you would have a **** fit.

My favorite is how dog people don't have an issue with a dog up on their lap when they've been walking in an outdoor litter box for nature, and licking their ***** and ***.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:47 PM
ThePirate
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Meh View Post
Do you not clean the surface you are going to place food on before preparing it?
Yes, I do but I would not allow any cat, especially a cat that is let outdoors, to climb onto any food prep area. I would also clean the cat litter box but I wouldn't eat out of it. Would you allow this to happen in a restaurant kitchen when you are ordering food?
Old 07-12-2019, 03:15 PM
ChefMark
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chambered View Post
Our cats do not jump up on the kitchen counters, because they have learned they are not allowed on them. They can learn that early.
Yep, We had only one that would jump up on the counters, we would spray her with a water bottle. We only had to do that twice before she learned. They know any counter top, table top are off limits.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:42 PM
mrvette
CF Senior Member

Received 140 Likes on 132 Posts

4-5 years ago, my stepson in law....got a service call from an apt. the company managed, and they had the entire building for that investor.....so the call is about some MOWING coming from a wall in one of the units....cat in the wall, so he cuts open the wall, behind a toilet and pulls out this kitten, so brings it home to his wife....patches the wall of course, a few daze later gets another call, another unit, same thing, cuts open the wall, and pulls out yet another kitten.....patches and home with kitten....so in a household with 3 cats and 2 dawgs, there are these TWO kittens....well, another call, this one behind another toilet in another unit, this one is all full of sticky glue crap all OVER it's fur, to the point one of the front paws sticks to the neck area....so to the house and the very next day yet another call from one of the same units, another wall drop and so home with the other 3, but of course it's too much for them to handle, SO, we build up a 'wall' of various plywood, and cat carriers and child gates, whatever junk we had to make a spot in the kitchen for the 4 of them, place to sleep and eat and crap.....they were good on the litter stuff, I was the one stuck with getting the sticky crap off the kitten, so with solvent and scissors I finally got him to the point he was more or less OK, but he remained smaller than the others for about a year, then he GREW.....surpassing even his brother....so over the wife's daughter's house again, and they all fine.....

This is about the wildest tail of happening with doing building maintenance I have ever heard of.....seems momma cat found a open hole in the overhang roof, and jumped up into the attic from another roof top.....kittens ran krazy and fell down various open walls.....doing house maintenance is something you never know WTF you going to find......but FOUR cats in walls in one structure?? 3 out of 4 apts....???
Old 07-12-2019, 04:30 PM
Meh
CF Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePirate View Post
Yes, I do but I would not allow any cat, especially a cat that is let outdoors, to climb onto any food prep area. I would also clean the cat litter box but I wouldn't eat out of it. Would you allow this to happen in a restaurant kitchen when you are ordering food?
It wouldn't really bother me if so long as they clean the counters before preparing food, but then I understand microbiology and the fact that you are much more likely to get sick from raw food prepared on that counter than a cat walking on it.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Notreadyforprimetime
CF Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ChefMark View Post
Yep, We had only one that would jump up on the counters, we would spray her with a water bottle. We only had to do that twice before she learned. They know any counter top, table top are off limits.
A couple of these placed in areas you don’t want a cat to go will do the job. They shoot compressed air and make “sssst” noise. We have found them very effective for counter crawlers
https://www.chewy.com/petsafe-ssscat...SABEgLFL_D_BwE
Old 07-12-2019, 04:44 PM
The_Dude
CF Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

Old 07-12-2019, 06:07 PM
Z06PSI
1SG of the Goon Squad

Received 216 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19

Wtf?
Old 07-12-2019, 06:40 PM
owc6
CF Senior Member

Received 2,775 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06PSI View Post
Wtf?
Her daddy would be so proud of her.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cat people....

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: