Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

A Florida cop planted meth on random drivers, police say

Notices
Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

A Florida cop planted meth on random drivers, police say

Old 07-11-2019, 11:56 AM
scottycards
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by vettsplit 63 View Post
I understand your skepticism. But also understand that most of us have no reason to see the evidence/lack of in another Officer's cases. We work very much semi autonomously, and I have neither the inclination nor interest in what some other Officer's cases are. There are guys that I know that have just as many drug busts as this asshat, but they find pounds of cocaine or meth at a single stop. As I said, I have a respect for what they do, but most of the time they are one trick ponies- They have no clue as to how to work up a domestic violence case, or a sexual abuse of a child forensic interview, or how to prepare a search warrant affidavit. 99 per cent of what Cops do doesn't involve stopping people on the highway, but from the amount of bitching that goes on in this forum, you would think that Cops just ride around looking for some hot shot Corvette driver to fu** with. rant over. Every once in a while we actually get to see how someone's life is better because we got the ******* meth addict that was beating up his wife/kids out of the way, or helping an old lady get her money back that some scam artist conned her out of.
I hear you, and appreciate the reasoned reply. Clearly, you take your job seriously and make every effort to do the right thing. Huge props, you're doing a job I could never do.

And to the cops credit, they're caught up in this fallacy we call the "war on drugs" as much as anybody, it seems. No one wins in the war on drugs, period. Meth users can still buy meth in 5 minutes in most downtown areas, even after 30+ years and countless billions spent. Anyone who thinks we've done a single thing to keep someone who wants drugs from getting them is fooling themselves. So the cops are in a no-win situation when it comes to drug enforcement. It's a complete sham, and tons of lives are runied- cops, victims, users, etc. I've been down that street, and seen it first hand- prohibition doesn't work, period.

You guys do a tough job. Thank you for doing it.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:04 PM
vettsplit 63
CF Senior Member

Location: Power tripping Sociopath- has a nice ring to it- I used to be a people person, but people ruined it Texas
Received 107 Likes on 97 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Be safe Sir.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:13 PM
Vetteman Jack
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,593 Likes on 3,925 Posts
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Hope the judge/jury gives that guy the max punishment - what a scumbag.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:16 PM
themonk
CF Senior Member

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 597 Likes on 382 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

just like citizens, there are bad apples in every bunch so I can't hate on LEO's nor can I hold them up to higher standards than anyone else but a POS is a POS and I hope this f'k gets put in general population just like every other normal person.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:20 PM
jfb
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

There is slow lead poisoning like ingesting old paint flakes and there is fast lead poisoning like interfering with a 30-06 bullet. That former police officer needs some fast lead poisoning.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:23 PM
jim2527
CF Senior Member

Received 193 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by vettsplit 63 View Post
And contrary to what most in CF think, it isn't screwing with traffic violators for the hell of it.
Overall my interactions during traffic stops has been positive. I couldíve been written for much more than Iíve been.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:28 PM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
It makes me wonder how far cops go turning the other cheek to protect other officers.
All the way...
It's a strange dynamic, and I know I'll likely be called a cop-hater at some point for holding this opinion.

I'm not a cop hater, I'm a cop skeptic. Those guys do a job I'd never want, and I'll never understand why they do it. They deal with the worst of the worst all day.

But I don't understand the mentality. If I saw a co-worker doing something out of line (unethical, dishonest, against policy), I'd say something immediately, and follow through on it to resolution. That doesn't seem to be the case a lot of times in LE.

Just one of many things I'll never understand, I guess.
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:07 PM
wcsinx
CF Senior Member

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by jfb View Post
There is slow lead poisoning like ingesting old paint flakes and there is fast lead poisoning like interfering with a 30-06 bullet. That former police officer needs some fast lead poisoning.
A fast death is too good for him. I'd rather he rot in jail for the remainder of his years after losing everything he owns. Getting convicted of that **** can end you. Career ... gone, kids ... gone, family .... gone, and hello jail time The fact that he did this so casually to so many people just ... boggles the mind. This is a deeply, truly evil person that deserves to never see the light of day again.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:24 PM
reasonable suspicion
CF Senior Member

Received 106 Likes on 89 Posts

It's a strange dynamic, and I know I'll likely be called a cop-hater at some point for holding this opinion.

I'm not a cop hater, I'm a cop skeptic. Those guys do a job I'd never want, and I'll never understand why they do it. They deal with the worst of the worst all day.

But I don't understand the mentality. If I saw a co-worker doing something out of line (unethical, dishonest, against policy), I'd say something immediately, and follow through on it to resolution. That doesn't seem to be the case a lot of times in LE.

Just one of many things I'll never understand, I guess.

You are apparently not in a gang, so you donít understand the gang mentality.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:26 PM
MTPZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,229 Likes on 1,080 Posts

I hope he gets shanked in jail...rotten piece of **** scumbag. Sadly, there's plenty more like him out there.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:30 PM
Aerovette
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 230 Likes on 141 Posts

Total shitbag. He needs to be raped daily until he stops liking it and then on the hour after that.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:33 PM
snide
CF Senior Member

Location: You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make him think. - snide The problem with the gene
Received 151 Likes on 62 Posts
CI 4-5-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

In before the forum cops justify this douchebag's behavior...
Old 07-11-2019, 02:49 PM
Aerovette
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 230 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by snide View Post
In before the forum cops justify this douchebag's behavior...
Not possible. Not when innocent people went to jail.

The ONLY (and by no means am I supporting this) excuse for this is when you know you had someone dead to rights on a charge and they walk on some technicality. This could be a way to get the missed justice, but again, never right.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:53 PM
ThePirate
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No one will justify his behavior. But I agree with a post above. Cops on patrol mostly work on their own, unsupervised. Cops are like the rest of the population (remember that is where they come from) some are good at one thing, some are good at several things, and some are just good, all-around people who handle as much as they can. I've supervised cops who could make a good felony arrest if they were assigned to patrol a phone booth. Others couldn't find a criminal if their life depended on it, others who just want to work radar and overlook the rest of their job, others who hate working traffic and try to only deal with criminals, some become very good at finding drugs.

As I read the story this cop in question worked alone and there was no one there to oversee what he did. He took advantage of it to satisfy some warped desire he had to look good at someone else's expense. He is what we called in law enforcement - a criminal.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:57 PM
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,316 Posts

Was he doing it to "look good" or because he was a psychopath who enjoyed wielding power and ******* up people's lives?
Old 07-11-2019, 02:58 PM
TJay74
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope this dirty doucehbags anus is stretched out to the max the 1st day he hits prison and every day afterwards.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:06 PM
7vettes
CF Senior Member

Location: If I say it's safe to surf this beach ......then it's safe to surf this beach
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You've really got to be alert, to cover your *** in some of those hillbilly counties in Florida, but that is probably the case in lots of places.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:24 PM
coletrickle35
CF Senior Member

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
St. Jude Donor '19

What an amateur! We had a cop out here committed 13 murders and 50 rapes
Old 07-11-2019, 04:15 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by wcsinx View Post
A fast death is too good for him. I'd rather he rot in jail for the remainder of his years after losing everything he owns. Getting convicted of that **** can end you. Career ... gone, kids ... gone, family .... gone, and hello jail time The fact that he did this so casually to so many people just ... boggles the mind. This is a deeply, truly evil person that deserves to never see the light of day again.
100%
Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post
Total shitbag. He needs to be raped daily until he stops liking it and then on the hour after that.
Beats my idea of throwing him in a cell and having the door welded shut.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:33 PM
Dave concrete
CF Senior Member

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

That could be about the worse thing you can do to someone.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A Florida cop planted meth on random drivers, police say

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: