Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Looking for advice on scheduling issues where I work. Looking for advice?

Notices
Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Looking for advice on scheduling issues where I work. Looking for advice?

Old 07-11-2019, 08:39 PM
The JOe
CF Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12
Default Looking for advice on scheduling issues where I work. Looking for advice?

very annoying situation IMO... my boss is a little odd when it comes to scheduling and its pissing me off quite honestly. Our office has a whiteboard that they put all of our schedules up on but they do it daily so already i hate that since you just don't know from day to day what time you need to be there and which site/post...

the real problem is that when i get off work i check the board, see where and what time im supposed to be at work for the next day but "Magically" it changes over night and it comes down to her word vs mine.

Yesterday i see they changed my post and it was posted to arrive at 8am... a little odd and late since its usually between 5am-6:30 for everybody but ok but she leaves at 1-1:30 daily so shes gone by the time we all get off and see our schedules for the next day so i can't confirm with her before i leave... i arrive at work today at 7:40am and she reads me the riot act about being late and a co-worker yesterday asked why i was coming in so late today and i had no idea but i have a witness that i was put for 8am although she denied that when he brought it up that he also saw it say 8am...

its a government site where you CAN NOT take photos so i can't just snap a pic to provide proof, this has happened to me 3 times already in 7 months with this company.

So it being posted day to day and not being able to take a picture or make a copy (its on a whiteboard) can anyone think of any options?
Old 07-11-2019, 08:41 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by The JOe View Post
very annoying situation IMO... my boss is a little odd when it comes to scheduling and its pissing me off quite honestly. Our office has a whiteboard that they put all of our schedules up on but they do it daily so already i hate that since you just don't know from day to day what time you need to be there and which site/post...

the real problem is that when i get off work i check the board, see where and what time im supposed to be at work for the next day but "Magically" it changes over night and it comes down to her word vs mine.
Take a cellphone photo of the board before you leave.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:45 PM
jw38
CF Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14,'18

Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
Take a cellphone photo of the board before you leave.
You must have missed the part where he said it's a goverment site and he's not allowed to take photos.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:47 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jw38 View Post
You must have missed the part where he said it's a goverment site and he's not allowed to take photos.
That never stops me.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:48 PM
MTPZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,229 Likes on 1,080 Posts

Show up at 5am every day...early bird gets the worm
Old 07-11-2019, 08:48 PM
The JOe
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '10-'12

That never stops me.

LOL... yeah, im not going to chance that for the crap job i have now while trying to actually get into the real job INSIDE the plant i work instead as a subcontractor.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:50 PM
KarlK
CF Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

the scrambled eggs got to get out man..
Old 07-11-2019, 08:53 PM
mchar
CF Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

They want you to leave. It's a clue.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:55 PM
The JOe
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '10-'12

Originally Posted by mchar View Post
They want you to leave. It's a clue.

Its happening to other employees that are very clearly "Favorites"... easily a different person every week or two is accused of being late or early and not being allowed to clock in early. as annoying as it is to be in sometimes 3hrs before shift at least you aren't late but when it swings the other way to being late is when SHTF with my supervisor
Old 07-11-2019, 08:57 PM
C5 Hardtop
CF Senior Member

Received 144 Likes on 74 Posts

Just quit.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:01 PM
The JOe
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '10-'12

Originally Posted by C5 Hardtop View Post
Just quit.

I am actually hired with a different sub-contractor at the same site but its looking like im stuck where im at for at least another month and possibly 2 months. This company i work for now is ridiculous as a company which is why I tried getting out only a few months by applying with a different contractor that also works the site who has a far better reputation. So im already hired, contracts signed but waiting on the physical start date still. I honestly expected to already be with the new company at least a month ago but after getting hired they had to shut down a few posts due to gov contract issues so im just on hold in the meantime.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:02 PM
MTPZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Who the f*ck uses a whiteboard for employee hours these days anyways...tell them to join this century and make that **** digital, and available through an online portal (or app) to confirm 24/7. At a minimum, have the ability to call in and verify hours.

Is this ever-changing white board located somewhere that is visible via CCTV? If so, ask to see the surveillance footage to find out who keeps changing the schedule overnight.

Last edited by MTPZ06; 07-11-2019 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:10 PM
MAD IN NC
CF Senior Member

Received 1,760 Likes on 890 Posts
Crowd Plow For Now

i'd be more worried why they can't plan more than one day ahead
Old 07-11-2019, 09:11 PM
The JOe
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '10-'12

Originally Posted by MTPZ06 View Post
Who the f*ck uses a whiteboard for employee hours these days anyways...tell them to join this century and make that **** digital, and available through an online portal (or app) to confirm 24/7. At a minimum, have the ability to call in and verify hours.

Is this ever-changing white board located somewhere that is visible via CCTV? If so, ask to see the surveillance footage to find out who keeps changing the schedule overnight.
I didn't consider security footage but there are no camera's in this office (that im aware of anyhow).... the big problem is there are 4 different locations, 1 in lancaster (main site where the schedule is put up), 2 sites in different city and 1 in another so you can't really just assume that if you are in one site monday that you will be there the next day and driving 40-50 miles between sites to just confirm your schedule "Just in Case" is not very realistic.

I really wish it would be online or incorporated into the app we use on our phones to clock in/out which are geo-fenced to make sure we are on site so the infrastructure is there but they don't utilize it.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:12 PM
The JOe
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '10-'12

Originally Posted by MAD IN NC View Post
i'd be more worried why they can't plan more than one day ahead
dude, you have no idea how many of us scratch our heads and wonder WTF! Get your *hit together.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:12 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

I am actually hired with a different sub-contractor at the same site but its looking like im stuck where im at for at least another month and possibly 2 months. This company i work for now is ridiculous as a company which is why I tried getting out only a few months by applying with a different contractor that also works the site who has a far better reputation. So im already hired, contracts signed but waiting on the physical start date still. I honestly expected to already be with the new company at least a month ago but after getting hired they had to shut down a few posts due to gov contract issues so im just on hold in the meantime.
Then you just need to suck it up and wait for your transfer to go through.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:15 PM
The JOe
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '10-'12

Then you just need to suck it up and wait for your transfer to go through.
thats what i have been doing but my boss is very un-predictable (IMO) and today was a rude awakening that it can just happen at any time with no protection that im aware of to cover my bases just in case.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:16 PM
C5 Hardtop
CF Senior Member

Received 144 Likes on 74 Posts

There are plenty of scheduling apps they could use. Tell them to get their **** together.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:17 PM
MTPZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Boom! Wear these...
Amazon Amazon

Next time someone changes the schedule, you can show the evidence and call them on their bullshit,.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:18 PM
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!

thats what i have been doing but my boss is very un-predictable (IMO) and today was a rude awakening that it can just happen at any time with no protection that im aware of to cover my bases just in case.
Well, you could always show up every day at the earliest possible time you might ever be scheduled - you might sit around for a while twiddling your thumbs but you can never be late.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for advice on scheduling issues where I work. Looking for advice?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: