Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Looking for advice on scheduling issues where I work. Looking for advice?

Notices
Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

Looking for advice on scheduling issues where I work. Looking for advice?

 
Old 07-11-2019, 08:39 PM
  #1  
The JOe
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
The JOe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 34,480
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12
Default Looking for advice on scheduling issues where I work. Looking for advice?

very annoying situation IMO... my boss is a little odd when it comes to scheduling and its pissing me off quite honestly. Our office has a whiteboard that they put all of our schedules up on but they do it daily so already i hate that since you just don't know from day to day what time you need to be there and which site/post...

the real problem is that when i get off work i check the board, see where and what time im supposed to be at work for the next day but "Magically" it changes over night and it comes down to her word vs mine.

Yesterday i see they changed my post and it was posted to arrive at 8am... a little odd and late since its usually between 5am-6:30 for everybody but ok but she leaves at 1-1:30 daily so shes gone by the time we all get off and see our schedules for the next day so i can't confirm with her before i leave... i arrive at work today at 7:40am and she reads me the riot act about being late and a co-worker yesterday asked why i was coming in so late today and i had no idea but i have a witness that i was put for 8am although she denied that when he brought it up that he also saw it say 8am...

its a government site where you CAN NOT take photos so i can't just snap a pic to provide proof, this has happened to me 3 times already in 7 months with this company.

So it being posted day to day and not being able to take a picture or make a copy (its on a whiteboard) can anyone think of any options?
The JOe is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 08:41 PM
  #2  
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!
 
dvarapala's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 34,284
Received 72 Likes on 31 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by The JOe View Post
very annoying situation IMO... my boss is a little odd when it comes to scheduling and its pissing me off quite honestly. Our office has a whiteboard that they put all of our schedules up on but they do it daily so already i hate that since you just don't know from day to day what time you need to be there and which site/post...

the real problem is that when i get off work i check the board, see where and what time im supposed to be at work for the next day but "Magically" it changes over night and it comes down to her word vs mine.
Take a cellphone photo of the board before you leave.
dvarapala is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 08:45 PM
  #3  
jw38
CF Senior Member
 
jw38's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2002
Location: Spring Branch TX
Posts: 16,814
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14,'18
Default

Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
Take a cellphone photo of the board before you leave.
You must have missed the part where he said it's a goverment site and he's not allowed to take photos.
jw38 is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 08:47 PM
  #4  
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!
 
dvarapala's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 34,284
Received 72 Likes on 31 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jw38 View Post
You must have missed the part where he said it's a goverment site and he's not allowed to take photos.
That never stops me.
dvarapala is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 08:48 PM
  #5  
MTPZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
MTPZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2008
Location: Honolulu HI
Posts: 13,543
Received 1,229 Likes on 1,080 Posts
Default

Show up at 5am every day...early bird gets the worm
MTPZ06 is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 08:48 PM
  #6  
The JOe
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
The JOe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 34,480
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12
Default

Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
That never stops me.

LOL... yeah, im not going to chance that for the crap job i have now while trying to actually get into the real job INSIDE the plant i work instead as a subcontractor.
The JOe is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 08:50 PM
  #7  
KarlK
CF Senior Member
 
KarlK's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2006
Location: No, I'm not related to PeterK
Posts: 45,998
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Default

the scrambled eggs got to get out man..
KarlK is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 08:53 PM
  #8  
mchar
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2007
Location: Kensington MD
Posts: 9,679
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Default

They want you to leave. It's a clue.
mchar is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 08:55 PM
  #9  
The JOe
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
The JOe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 34,480
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12
Default

Originally Posted by mchar View Post
They want you to leave. It's a clue.

Its happening to other employees that are very clearly "Favorites"... easily a different person every week or two is accused of being late or early and not being allowed to clock in early. as annoying as it is to be in sometimes 3hrs before shift at least you aren't late but when it swings the other way to being late is when SHTF with my supervisor
The JOe is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 08:57 PM
  #10  
C5 Hardtop
CF Senior Member
 
C5 Hardtop's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2000
Posts: 14,300
Received 144 Likes on 74 Posts
Default

Just quit.
C5 Hardtop is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 09:01 PM
  #11  
The JOe
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
The JOe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 34,480
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12
Default

Originally Posted by C5 Hardtop View Post
Just quit.

I am actually hired with a different sub-contractor at the same site but its looking like im stuck where im at for at least another month and possibly 2 months. This company i work for now is ridiculous as a company which is why I tried getting out only a few months by applying with a different contractor that also works the site who has a far better reputation. So im already hired, contracts signed but waiting on the physical start date still. I honestly expected to already be with the new company at least a month ago but after getting hired they had to shut down a few posts due to gov contract issues so im just on hold in the meantime.
The JOe is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 09:02 PM
  #12  
MTPZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
MTPZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2008
Location: Honolulu HI
Posts: 13,543
Received 1,229 Likes on 1,080 Posts
Default

Who the f*ck uses a whiteboard for employee hours these days anyways...tell them to join this century and make that **** digital, and available through an online portal (or app) to confirm 24/7. At a minimum, have the ability to call in and verify hours.

Is this ever-changing white board located somewhere that is visible via CCTV? If so, ask to see the surveillance footage to find out who keeps changing the schedule overnight.

Last edited by MTPZ06; 07-11-2019 at 09:03 PM.
MTPZ06 is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 09:10 PM
  #13  
MAD IN NC
CF Senior Member
 
MAD IN NC's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2009
Location: Nearby Mayberry in NC
Posts: 18,463
Received 1,760 Likes on 890 Posts
Crowd Plow For Now
Default

i'd be more worried why they can't plan more than one day ahead
MAD IN NC is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 09:11 PM
  #14  
The JOe
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
The JOe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 34,480
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12
Default

Originally Posted by MTPZ06 View Post
Who the f*ck uses a whiteboard for employee hours these days anyways...tell them to join this century and make that **** digital, and available through an online portal (or app) to confirm 24/7. At a minimum, have the ability to call in and verify hours.

Is this ever-changing white board located somewhere that is visible via CCTV? If so, ask to see the surveillance footage to find out who keeps changing the schedule overnight.
I didn't consider security footage but there are no camera's in this office (that im aware of anyhow).... the big problem is there are 4 different locations, 1 in lancaster (main site where the schedule is put up), 2 sites in different city and 1 in another so you can't really just assume that if you are in one site monday that you will be there the next day and driving 40-50 miles between sites to just confirm your schedule "Just in Case" is not very realistic.

I really wish it would be online or incorporated into the app we use on our phones to clock in/out which are geo-fenced to make sure we are on site so the infrastructure is there but they don't utilize it.
The JOe is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 09:12 PM
  #15  
The JOe
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
The JOe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 34,480
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12
Default

Originally Posted by MAD IN NC View Post
i'd be more worried why they can't plan more than one day ahead
dude, you have no idea how many of us scratch our heads and wonder WTF! Get your *hit together.
The JOe is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 09:12 PM
  #16  
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!
 
dvarapala's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 34,284
Received 72 Likes on 31 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by The JOe View Post
I am actually hired with a different sub-contractor at the same site but its looking like im stuck where im at for at least another month and possibly 2 months. This company i work for now is ridiculous as a company which is why I tried getting out only a few months by applying with a different contractor that also works the site who has a far better reputation. So im already hired, contracts signed but waiting on the physical start date still. I honestly expected to already be with the new company at least a month ago but after getting hired they had to shut down a few posts due to gov contract issues so im just on hold in the meantime.
Then you just need to suck it up and wait for your transfer to go through.
dvarapala is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 09:15 PM
  #17  
The JOe
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
The JOe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 34,480
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12
Default

Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
Then you just need to suck it up and wait for your transfer to go through.
thats what i have been doing but my boss is very un-predictable (IMO) and today was a rude awakening that it can just happen at any time with no protection that im aware of to cover my bases just in case.
The JOe is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 09:16 PM
  #18  
C5 Hardtop
CF Senior Member
 
C5 Hardtop's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2000
Posts: 14,300
Received 144 Likes on 74 Posts
Default

There are plenty of scheduling apps they could use. Tell them to get their **** together.
C5 Hardtop is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 09:17 PM
  #19  
MTPZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
MTPZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2008
Location: Honolulu HI
Posts: 13,543
Received 1,229 Likes on 1,080 Posts
Default

Boom! Wear these...
Amazon Amazon

Next time someone changes the schedule, you can show the evidence and call them on their bullshit,.
MTPZ06 is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 09:18 PM
  #20  
dvarapala
Making CFOT Great Again
Support Corvetteforum!
 
dvarapala's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 34,284
Received 72 Likes on 31 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by The JOe View Post
thats what i have been doing but my boss is very un-predictable (IMO) and today was a rude awakening that it can just happen at any time with no protection that im aware of to cover my bases just in case.
Well, you could always show up every day at the earliest possible time you might ever be scheduled - you might sit around for a while twiddling your thumbs but you can never be late.
dvarapala is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for advice on scheduling issues where I work. Looking for advice?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: