Notices
Off Topic Off Topic | Non-Corvette

What To Do In Medicine Bow Wyoming

 
Old 07-12-2019, 01:39 PM
  #1  
anjdog2003
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
anjdog2003's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2003
Location: It's not easy being me "Just Win Baby"
Posts: 84,052
Received 242 Likes on 109 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'17
Default What To Do In Medicine Bow Wyoming

It's on my way to Montana. Need suggestions
anjdog2003 is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 01:42 PM
  #2  
MTPZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
MTPZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2008
Location: Honolulu HI
Posts: 13,580
Received 1,236 Likes on 1,083 Posts
Default

Take an upper decker in the only gas station bathroom in town, and keep driving.
MTPZ06 is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 01:47 PM
  #3  
Ben Lurkin
CF Senior Member
 
Ben Lurkin's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2006
Location: Oquirrh Mountains
Posts: 3,433
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09
Default

Keep driving?

The Virginian Hotel is a nice little diversion. It's 100+ years old. I stayed there once and . . yep, it's definitely a 100 years old hotel.
Ben Lurkin is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 01:52 PM
  #4  
Vetteman Jack
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Vetteman Jack's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2001
Location: Missouri. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Posts: 272,410
Received 4,660 Likes on 3,959 Posts
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Default

Visit Shilo Ranch, if there is such a thing. I guess I have been watching too many episodes of The Virginian.
Vetteman Jack is online now  
Old 07-12-2019, 01:58 PM
  #5  
anjdog2003
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
anjdog2003's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2003
Location: It's not easy being me "Just Win Baby"
Posts: 84,052
Received 242 Likes on 109 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'17
Default

We found the Virginian Hotel to be terribly dirty... found hair in our sheets, so I found a linen closet and changed my own sheets. I did not want to walk on the carpet with my bare feet! Then, to add insult to injury, I got sick on the food and passed out in the bathroom splitting my lip and almost losing a tooth. I would NEVER stay there again. Oh, and one more thing ... another person in our party found something even more disgusting in his sheets, got his money back and left to find better accommodations!



Horrible service
Staff was drunk and messed up our room. Dress code obviously not enforced for staff and room smelled horrible. Not worth the time dealing with these people to even try to get a reservation. Leave it for the local drunks.





Staying at the Virginian was pretty disappointing. The website makes the place look pretty grand, but in actuality it's sorta a dump. I staying in the motel addition down the street, so I suppose the actual hotel might be nicer. It was pretty much your run of the mill rundown motel room, complete with a heater that only kinda worked, a shower with luke-warm water and a large clump of someone's hair near the drain, and a fairly uncomfortable bed. To be fair, the room wasn't terribly expensive. The bar part of the hotel is neat decor-wise and a few interesting characters ambled in, but the service was pretty poor.





great to look but move on quick

What a shame. fantastic old building which is so interesting but the place is absolutely filthy and the toilets are gruesome beyond description - and to make it worse there is no hand washing as taps were broken. yuk





Filthy disgusting room. No decent internet. Called to get code and guy says "come in the f------ bar". water is light brown. no screen on window. LOUD trains every 5 min. Stay away from this place!!!!







anjdog2003 is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 02:01 PM
  #6  
ThePirate
CF Senior Member
 
ThePirate's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 1999
Location: Bullshit detector extraordinaire
Posts: 11,154
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default

Did you call the front desk and say I gotta leak in my sink.


Is that when they said to go ahead?
ThePirate is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 02:02 PM
  #7  
Tuco
CF Senior Member
 
Tuco's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2008
Location: Blessed are the cracked. For they are the ones who let in the light.
Posts: 27,007
Likes: 0
Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Default



Try searching for some good recruits and a coach?
Tuco is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 02:16 PM
  #8  
anjdog2003
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
anjdog2003's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2003
Location: It's not easy being me "Just Win Baby"
Posts: 84,052
Received 242 Likes on 109 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'17
Default

Originally Posted by Tuco View Post


Try searching for some good recruits and a coach?




I see the Jets addressed the offense as usual. Maybe Darnold can throw to some DL or LB they drafted since he has no WR's or RB's on the team. The Jets keeping it real since 1969
anjdog2003 is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 02:18 PM
  #9  
The_Dude
CF Senior Member
 
The_Dude's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2001
Location: Here to make friends
Posts: 42,238
Received 147 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17
Default

Originally Posted by anjdog2003 View Post
We found the Virginian Hotel to be terribly dirty... found hair in our sheets, so I found a linen closet and changed my own sheets. I did not want to walk on the carpet with my bare feet! Then, to add insult to injury, I got sick on the food and passed out in the bathroom splitting my lip and almost losing a tooth. I would NEVER stay there again. Oh, and one more thing ... another person in our party found something even more disgusting in his sheets, got his money back and left to find better accommodations!



Horrible service
Staff was drunk and messed up our room. Dress code obviously not enforced for staff and room smelled horrible. Not worth the time dealing with these people to even try to get a reservation. Leave it for the local drunks.





Staying at the Virginian was pretty disappointing. The website makes the place look pretty grand, but in actuality it's sorta a dump. I staying in the motel addition down the street, so I suppose the actual hotel might be nicer. It was pretty much your run of the mill rundown motel room, complete with a heater that only kinda worked, a shower with luke-warm water and a large clump of someone's hair near the drain, and a fairly uncomfortable bed. To be fair, the room wasn't terribly expensive. The bar part of the hotel is neat decor-wise and a few interesting characters ambled in, but the service was pretty poor.





great to look but move on quick

What a shame. fantastic old building which is so interesting but the place is absolutely filthy and the toilets are gruesome beyond description - and to make it worse there is no hand washing as taps were broken. yuk





Filthy disgusting room. No decent internet. Called to get code and guy says "come in the f------ bar". water is light brown. no screen on window. LOUD trains every 5 min. Stay away from this place!!!!







Didn't read
The_Dude is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 02:27 PM
  #10  
Tuco
CF Senior Member
 
Tuco's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2008
Location: Blessed are the cracked. For they are the ones who let in the light.
Posts: 27,007
Likes: 0
Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Default

Originally Posted by anjdog2003 View Post
I see the Jets addressed the offense as usual. Maybe Darnold can throw to some DL or LB they drafted since he has no WR's or RB's on the team. The Jets keeping it real since 1969
It's really not going to help...
Kid is color blind and now everyone knows it.... almost led the league in interception last year....and was out 4 games!!

injuries... only to his little pussified ego.... troof!!
MS > SD.


Last edited by Tuco; 07-12-2019 at 02:27 PM.
Tuco is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 02:32 PM
  #11  
anjdog2003
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
anjdog2003's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2003
Location: It's not easy being me "Just Win Baby"
Posts: 84,052
Received 242 Likes on 109 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'17
Default

Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Didn't read



Illiterate posters forum--------------------->
anjdog2003 is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 02:39 PM
  #12  
Tuco
CF Senior Member
 
Tuco's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2008
Location: Blessed are the cracked. For they are the ones who let in the light.
Posts: 27,007
Likes: 0
Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Default

another brilliant recruiting tool.

Jebuss...where does that clown stop...
Tuco is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 02:41 PM
  #13  
Z06PSI
1SG of the Goon Squad
 
Member Since: May 2007
Location: Evans, GA
Posts: 46,843
Received 216 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19
Default

Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
It's really not going to help...
Kid is color blind and now everyone knows it.... almost led the league in interception last year....and was out 4 games!!

injuries... only to his little pussified ego.... troof!!
MS > SD.

Z06PSI is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 03:54 PM
  #14  
MY03C5Z
CF Senior Member
 
MY03C5Z's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,328
Received 88 Likes on 73 Posts
Default

MY03C5Z is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 03:55 PM
  #15  
Tuco
CF Senior Member
 
Tuco's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2008
Location: Blessed are the cracked. For they are the ones who let in the light.
Posts: 27,007
Likes: 0
Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Default

Originally Posted by Z06PSI View Post

As an FYI that tree was planted about 40+ years ago.... so it's just starting to tighten around my neck...

Mercifully...the end is near.
Tuco is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 04:01 PM
  #16  
The_Dude
CF Senior Member
 
The_Dude's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2001
Location: Here to make friends
Posts: 42,238
Received 147 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17
Default

The_Dude is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 04:30 PM
  #17  
BAMvette
CF Senior Member
 
BAMvette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2008
Location: Red city in deep blue Oregon
Posts: 3,987
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17
Default

Sheep?
BAMvette is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 05:08 PM
  #18  
indy99
CF Senior Member
 
indy99's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2005
Location: the land of a never ending frame-off resto-mod. May Visa have mercy on my soul.
Posts: 2,518
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Might be an ice cream hut in town. Get something chocolate to disguise the water in it, or some other bio-turds in it.
indy99 is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 05:55 PM
  #19  
Z06PSI
1SG of the Goon Squad
 
Member Since: May 2007
Location: Evans, GA
Posts: 46,843
Received 216 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19
Default

Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
As an FYI that tree was planted about 40+ years ago.... so it's just starting to tighten around my neck...

Mercifully...the end is near.
Z06PSI is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 06:08 PM
  #20  
higgyburners
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
higgyburners's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,012
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy
St. Jude Donor '15
Default

Originally Posted by Tuco View Post


Try searching for some good recruits and a coach?




I'm going to Puke if this retard coaches at USC or anywhere else in the PAC12 for that matter.
higgyburners is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What To Do In Medicine Bow Wyoming


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: