Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

New rims and tires? Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Justus Becks
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New rims and tires? Help

Hello I have a 2007 CHEVY Tahoe And I want to get new tires and rims. Looking at 22 inch crome rims. Big o tires made up a work order $2,208.41 For all 4 tires 305/45R22 sumitomo or nitto tires, 22 inch 5 spoke crome rim. Is that high? Can I get tires and rims cheaper somewere else? Thanks in advance for all your help!!!!!
JUSTUS
Old 04-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

That all depends on the wheel quality. I went on a tour of HRE wheels this morning and the chief engineer told us that many people blindly buy the largest wheel they can fit on ther vehicle - BIG mistake, since they can easily destroy the ride and acceleration of the vehicle with big, heavy wheels. Some of their 22-inch wheels are only 25 lbs, but they rarely recommend something that huge.

I advise you to find out what your stock wheels weigh and make sure your replacements weigh less. Otherwise, your ride will suffer, big time.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:30 PM
2000frc
Instructor

Default Wheels

22'S Sound stupid but for what it is worth most local shops will price match tire rack.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:47 AM
Justus Becks
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dave68
That all depends on the wheel quality. I went on a tour of HRE wheels this morning and the chief engineer told us that many people blindly buy the largest wheel they can fit on ther vehicle - BIG mistake, since they can easily destroy the ride and acceleration of the vehicle with big, heavy wheels. Some of their 22-inch wheels are only 25 lbs, but they rarely recommend something that huge.

I advise you to find out what your stock wheels weigh and make sure your replacements weigh less. Otherwise, your ride will suffer, big time.
Thank you for your help!!

Get notified of new replies

To New rims and tires? Help