Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Rsx

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 03:16 PM
BlackVette00
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Rsx

Ok I have a 93 vette but I am going to college in about 2 months and I am still going to keep my vette but I am looking around for a economy car for college. would a RSX be a good car that I can mod and drive and get good gas mileage, and I am talking about the 02 and up RSX, thanks
Old 05-22-2007, 08:52 PM
illinest
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You've already got a corvette. Don't bother yourself with a tiny coupe, it's not fast enough to put up with the low seating position, mediocre interior, lack of space.
We learn to love that crap when it comes with an LT1, but it makes more sense to get something that'll haul some crap too.

I drove a used RSX and a used Impreza WRX on the same day.
Impreza by FARRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Course if you (or I) were smarter we'd probably be skipping sporty cars altogether. A Camry is roomier than either and gets great gas mileage.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Yes, an RSX is a good economy car and as you can see, gas prices are skyrocketing. The "S" version is nice, too. Even a Civic Si is fun and can haul a surprising amount of stuff. If I were you, I'd get something that isn't too flashy. Also, make sure it has a really good alarm system - College parking lots are attractive to car thieves.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:50 PM
ChestyPuller
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by illinest
You've already got a corvette. Don't bother yourself with a tiny coupe, it's not fast enough to put up with the low seating position, mediocre interior, lack of space.
We learn to love that crap when it comes with an LT1, but it makes more sense to get something that'll haul some crap too.

I drove a used RSX and a used Impreza WRX on the same day.
Impreza by FARRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Course if you (or I) were smarter we'd probably be skipping sporty cars altogether. A Camry is roomier than either and gets great gas mileage.

A couple of my freinds have 05rsxbase and o6rsxtypes. I have driven both and there fun little cars. I beg too differ with the comment on the interior its a luxury sportscompact you are gonna get the best it has too offer in the price range and for the type of automobile. Yes a camry has more space but the gas mileage rsx has it beat against the 6cyl but if 4cyl camry then there both almost on psr. It is really up too ur preference for what your gonna need while in college. IMHO go out there and test drive your pick and do some reasearch on them.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:08 PM
illinest
Pro

Originally Posted by ChestyPuller
A couple of my freinds have 05rsxbase and o6rsxtypes. I have driven both and there fun little cars. I beg too differ with the comment on the interior its a luxury sportscompact you are gonna get the best it has too offer in the price range and for the type of automobile. Yes a camry has more space but the gas mileage rsx has it beat against the 6cyl but if 4cyl camry then there both almost on psr. It is really up too ur preference for what your gonna need while in college. IMHO go out there and test drive your pick and do some reasearch on them.
well yeah, to each their own obviously but that test drive wasn't my only experience with the car. I drove my friends Type S more than once as well.

On that particular day I drove a couple different cars. The interior is nicer than say.... a Chevy Cobalt, but it's not anywhere near as nice as a real Acura IMO. I drove TLs and CLs that afternoon and the difference between the models was very large IMO.

It gets okay gas mileage, but it's not really fuel efficient.
It's not tiny, but it's not big either.
It's got pep, but it's a long ways from fast.

I think it's mediocre in just about every way, basically. I suppose you could apply that to any car in that class, so if there's anything I'd want the OP to consider out of everything I had to say is that you should be valuing things other than image when you've already got a Vette.

If it were to be your only vehicle, I guess I could see making all those compromises, but since it's not I think he should prioritize space or fuel economy or comfort and save his vette for the days when he needs to drive fast or catch people's attention.

Get notified of new replies

To Rsx