Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

CAD CTS-V vs. new Shelby GT-500

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 01:23 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Default CAD CTS-V vs. new Shelby GT-500

If you had to choose between the above 2 cars which one would you choose and why? lurk:
The 2008 CTS and the CTS-V are due for some engine and body changes.
Then enter the GT-500 KR.
Which of these cars will have more performance in a straight line and be more comfortable to drive?
Old 07-16-2007, 01:22 AM
BrooklynC6
aka allbottle¬hrottle

Location: Brooklyn New York The DVL and the chicken sleep with the fishes....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

My 05 Cts-V was a badass luxury sedan that was the ultimate sleeper - I loved the looks on unsuspecting M3 and Porche drivers faces ---
The new Cts takes that up one more level with extra lux and power .
The Stang , while nice and maybe even as fast , doesnt come close in the all around class department . Just my .02
Old 07-17-2007, 02:02 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by BrooklynC6
My 05 Cts-V was a badass luxury sedan that was the ultimate sleeper - I loved the looks on unsuspecting M3 and Porche drivers faces ---
The new Cts takes that up one more level with extra lux and power .
The Stang , while nice and maybe even as fast , doesnt come close in the all around class department . Just my .02
So in other words the CTS-V is much more comfortable riding than the Shelby.
2009 I think there will be a new CTS-V. 2008 will be a new CTS. I would probably go with the CTS with auto since CTS-V only comes in 6 spd. as I want comfort first then performance. These roads are just too bumpy and torn up for me now. Giving me back and neck problems.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:23 PM
BrooklynC6
aka allbottle¬hrottle

Location: Brooklyn New York The DVL and the chicken sleep with the fishes....
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by LS WON
So in other words the CTS-V is much more comfortable riding than the Shelby.
2009 I think there will be a new CTS-V. 2008 will be a new CTS. I would probably go with the CTS with auto since CTS-V only comes in 6 spd. as I want comfort first then performance. These roads are just too bumpy and torn up for me now. Giving me back and neck problems.
Yeah - The ride in my 05 V with the dealer installed track package was horrible - After a day of driving I was exhausted and pissing blood , BUT I still loved it . The regular Cts with the 304HP DI V6 should move plenty for a DD though . GOOD LUCK
Old 07-17-2007, 08:48 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by BrooklynC6
Yeah - The ride in my 05 V with the dealer installed track package was horrible - After a day of driving I was exhausted and pissing blood , BUT I still loved it . The regular Cts with the 304HP DI V6 should move plenty for a DD though . GOOD LUCK
thanks I will consider the new model 2008 and i also hear that there is a possibility of a coupe cts version coming out which I would prefer a 2 door over 4 door vehicle.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:05 PM
EVIL
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

I love my CTS-V, but of those two options I'd probably go with the Mustang for one simple reason, power/price ratio to mod. However there's no way in hell I'll pay the $15k mark up some dealers are asking...
Old 07-19-2007, 12:57 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by EVIL
I love my CTS-V, but of those two options I'd probably go with the Mustang for one simple reason, power/price ratio to mod. However there's no way in hell I'll pay the $15k mark up some dealers are asking...
The GT-500's cost alot more than the CTS-V's. Marked way up over the claimed $40,000 price.
I don't see many GT-500's on the street.

Get notified of new replies

To CAD CTS-V vs. new Shelby GT-500

Quick Reply: CAD CTS-V vs. new Shelby GT-500