Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Performance specs. on the last discontinued GTO

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 03:09 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Default Performance specs. on the last discontinued GTO

Just curious about this car as it is a very bland looking car with a Corvette engine in it. A sleeper car that is good when you don't want to attract attention. Which Corvette engine did it have and how does it compare to a Mustang GT?
Old 08-26-2007, 10:04 AM
silversport
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is a 2006...the 2006 and 2005 both got the LS2 while the 2004 got the LS1...same HP...mine has the 400/400...I also have an LS1 C5 (2001 Corvette) and the 50 extra ponies and 40 some more in twist FEEL more stout in the GTO (I suspect because there is more movement in the suspension, etcetera (my C5 sits pretty flat while the GTO squats a bit)...you sit up higher in the GTO (more like the Mustang GT)...mine REALLY feels like a much better than "normal" GM vehicle...based on the Australian built Monaro and is at least a generation older by now (new Pontiac G8 and Caddy CTS comin as we speak) but the seats are ALL leather and much nicer than my C5...the interior has real leather accents and "suede" (alcantara?) accents...I just bought mine in March and at near the same price (still can find '06s new) as a new Mustang GT, I would take the GTO over ANY Mustang...but I am a GM guy...the Mustang will likely have cheaper go fast add ons...I get about 14MPG in the city and I got 22MPG on a highway trip a few months ago...mine has the SAP (Sport Appearance Package which I actually prefer and I don't see all that many comin' and goin' that also had the Magnaflow dual exhaust and cat back)...WELL Worth the price of admission...dealers aren't really dealing on them right now but a new one is not much more than the price on gently used ones...very few options listed...6 sp or 4AT and 17" all seasons or 18" and Summer rubber...color and a few minor things...round out that list.

Not the best pic but the only one I have handy at the moment...

Bill

Last edited by silversport; 08-26-2007 at 10:09 AM.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:53 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

And the GTO doesn't attract lots of attention like a Corvette and many times that is a good thing. Just looks like a regular car but has Corvette power.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:38 AM
lionsfan5454
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

http://stage.caranddriver.com/compar...ustang-gt.html
Old 08-27-2007, 11:52 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by lionsfan5454
Old 08-28-2007, 11:25 AM
MidLifeinMI
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lionsfan5454
Interesting; on the subjective "gotta have it" factor, the 'stang won by 5 points, and ended up edging out the goat by only a point overall. I agree with their complaints on the shifter, though, which is why I'm currently waiting on an Aussie aftermarket unit.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:17 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by MidLifeinMI
Interesting; on the subjective "gotta have it" factor, the 'stang won by 5 points, and ended up edging out the goat by only a point overall. I agree with their complaints on the shifter, though, which is why I'm currently waiting on an Aussie aftermarket unit.
I test drove both manual and automatic and the manual was terrible.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:27 PM
B/Stock
Instructor

Originally Posted by MidLifeinMI
You will love the GMM shifter. Make sure you check out the install instructions posted on LS1GTO.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:29 PM
MidLifeinMI
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by B/Stock
You will love the GMM shifter. Make sure you check out the install instructions posted on LS1GTO.
Actually went with the Billet instead (based on positive reviews from LS1GTO), but their next shipment is still 4-6 weeks away.

Get notified of new replies

To Performance specs. on the last discontinued GTO

Quick Reply: Performance specs. on the last discontinued GTO