Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

FS: 1983 Porsche 944 Perfect Street or Track Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Todd157k
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default FS: 1983 Porsche 944 Perfect Street or Track Car

This is my latest project and is now pretty complete. I bought this car in non-running condition. It had a blown head gasket and sat for about a year, but had a really nice interior. I bought it because I couldn’t stand the idea that it was going to the bone yard. I had the head gasket replaced, the head surfaced and checked, belts redone and pump checked out. The previous owner just did pump and belts before the head gasket gave out. The culprit to the head gasket failure was the thermostat. Because it’s been so hot here in L.A., I didn’t put a thermostat back in. Runs nice and cool even in the 100* temps of late. Putting one in only takes a few mins. (I'll do it if you want it in). Taking one out is another story.

The Trans/clutch works/shifts nice. I’ve been driving this car daily while working on it. Total mileage is claimed to be about 120k miles. As with almost all 944’s, the odometer doesn’t work. Neither does the A/C. I had the A/C checked out. The compressor needs to be replaced along with the dryer. I’m just too far upside down in this project to keep going.

On to the Good:

New Paint. Very nice paint job, but not concourse. I missed a couple little door dings here/there. There was no major body work. The passenger front fender had a dent in it. Once I took it out, I just kept going and started hitting the little door dings and scratches. Then, I didn’t care for the look of the car as the original clear coat was lifting and making look “milky”. One thing led to another, and painting the car was the outcome. If you want some “before” pics, just send me your email address.

New head gasket as mentioned

Belts/pump almost new and belts re-tensioned.

Extremely Clean Interior

New Front Windshield The pictures below show the old glass. It has a crack in the top center of it. It's being replaced Monday 8/27. I don't sell junk. I've also bought a 3 spoke steering wheel (what it should have) but haven't received it yet. It will be installed (assuming it works ok) before pick up unless you like the 4 spoke (later style) 944 wheel.

Not too much “Frills” on this one which makes it light weight (READ: GREAT TRACK CAR) and easy to maintain.

From the Factory:
NO power steering
NO cruise control
NO electric doors
NO power seats
NO power sunroof
NO rear window wiper (removed, plugged)

Yes, power windows (work fine)
Yes, power mirrors (work fine)

I put in a Pioneer stereo/CD player, which sounds good. The power antenna doesn’t go up/down with it and I’m not sure if it’s broke, or just not hooked up. Wasn’t high on the priority list. I’m sure I’ve forgot to mention other little things that now work as I’ve gone through several weekends in/over/under this car. (just ask my happy neighbors)

The car passed smog fine. As long as you register it before Sept. 25th, you do not need to redo the smog certificate. (within the 90 day period).

It comes with receipts for the work I’ve had done and a few from the previous owner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va61GpjWi1A <----- Take a quick test drive.

Sorry........no e-bay links, da rules
CF price: $3500
Attached Images     

Last edited by Todd157k; 08-28-2007 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Todd157k
Banned Scam/Spammer

Oh, BTW.. for you guys that don't know these cars that well, you've probably not been to a lot of autocrosses. These are the little buggers that eat up vettes. Ya, I'm not thrilled saying either.
Here's a couple more pics...
Attached Images      

Last edited by Todd157k; 08-27-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:47 AM
Todd157k
Banned Scam/Spammer

BTW, forgot to mention... Renegade Hybrids has kits to pop in a LSx or LT1 motor in these. Several guys on Rennlist and Pelican forums have done them and they are SCREAMERS. (the cars, not the guys). If you've ever wanted a bad azz sleeper or killer track car, start here. (click the pic)

Last edited by Todd157k; 08-28-2007 at 11:51 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 1983 Porsche 944 Perfect Street or Track Car

Quick Reply: FS: 1983 Porsche 944 Perfect Street or Track Car