Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Went from a Cadillac CTS to a Toyota Corolla for a DD

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 06:04 AM
CaddyJimz06
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Went from a Cadillac CTS to a Toyota Corolla for a DD

Sadness.......my three year lease on the CTS was up and I had to give it back. Since I am currently paying for the Z06 that I got this past March, I had to get something in the $200 a month ballpark. I wanted a Lancer but ended up with a Corolla because the Corolla was a better deal and had more features. I am already missing the Caddy It was my first car and it was tough to let it go. Oh wells, now I have no problem blending into the masses 5 days of the week driving to school while saving buckets of cash from the insane mileage!
Old 10-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Boost_TT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CaddyJimz06
Sadness.......my three year lease on the CTS was up and I had to give it back. Since I am currently paying for the Z06 that I got this past March, I had to get something in the $200 a month ballpark. I wanted a Lancer but ended up with a Corolla because the Corolla was a better deal and had more features. I am already missing the Caddy It was my first car and it was tough to let it go. Oh wells, now I have no problem blending into the masses 5 days of the week driving to school while saving buckets of cash from the insane mileage!
Caddy was your first car and you just turned it in and now you got a Z06? How old are you? Sounds to me like your young and living off the parents to afford this car.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:03 AM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by Boost_TT
Caddy was your first car and you just turned it in and now you got a Z06? How old are you? Sounds to me like your young and living off the parents to afford this car.
And your point..... so what if he is young, sounds like he made a smart choice here and bought something reasonable and economic for a DD. We were all young once and just starting out, I didnt get any real help from my parents for purchasing cars but did get rent free living till I was 24 when I purchased my first home, this allowed me to have some very nice cars at a young age.

Why give the guy a hard time???
Old 10-26-2007, 09:11 AM
JJS04
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran

Originally Posted by MVR 155
And your point..... so what if he is young, sounds like he made a smart choice here and bought something reasonable and economic for a DD. We were all young once and just starting out, I didnt get any real help from my parents for purchasing cars but did get rent free living till I was 24 when I purchased my first home, this allowed me to have some very nice cars at a young age.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Boost_TT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MVR 155

Smart choice and having a Z06 isn't a smart choice at his age. No kid from HS or around his age can afford a Z06. Might be his parents. I have a problem with kids at that age getting a powerful car like this. They have no common sense in safety.

Last edited by Boost_TT; 10-26-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Biggie G
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah Cts is sweet...I got a 05...wish it was my DD...bring it out on weekends onlys.....I could never sell this one......

But I bet that Corolla is much better on gas
Old 10-26-2007, 05:00 PM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Cruise-In XI Veteran

Originally Posted by Boost_TT
Smart choice and having a Z06 isn't a smart choice at his age. No kid from HS or around his age can afford a Z06. Might be his parents. I have a problem with kids at that age getting a powerful car like this. They have no common sense in safety.

That is a bunch of BS... sounds like a jealous statement, just because you may not have had a quick car as a young man doesnt mean that someone else cant have a good job and afford a nice car shortly out of high school, not to mention be responsible with it.

I was fortunate enough to start in my field within a year of graduating high school and was making very good money for a person under 20, had some really nice fast cars before my 20th birthday, bought my first vette at 21, I also had multiple cars (fun car and a DD). I dont think its good to stereotype anyone..... every individual is different. I know some guys in thier 30's and 40's that drive like irresponsible 16 year olds
Old 10-27-2007, 05:39 AM
CaddyJimz06
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I am turning 21 next week and will graduate college this spring but I am planning to continue my education in dental school. I live with my parents but I do have a 40 hour a week job so that pays for the Z06 and my expenses. Please don't assume that just because a young guy has a nice car that he is living off his parents and has no common sense...
Old 10-27-2007, 09:45 AM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Cruise-In XI Veteran

Originally Posted by CaddyJimz06
I am turning 21 next week and will graduate college this spring but I am planning to continue my education in dental school. I live with my parents but I do have a 40 hour a week job so that pays for the Z06 and my expenses. Please don't assume that just because a young guy has a nice car that he is living off his parents and has no common sense...
The guy is just jealous.... dont let it bother you, congrats on your 21st and your upcoming graduation

Get notified of new replies

To Went from a Cadillac CTS to a Toyota Corolla for a DD

Quick Reply: Went from a Cadillac CTS to a Toyota Corolla for a DD