Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Buy a GTR or Z06 !

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Oman_Supra
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
Hey, fellas, what's it gonna take?

You want a Nissan? Go get one and stop the BS on the Z forum. Don't you guys ever stop?

Go over to the Skyline forum and ask such questions. Most guys here don't give a rat's behind.

You like a GT-R, go buy one and enjoy it. Quit coming over here every other day and asking about it. We all think it's "very nice", OK?

Get yourselves a life and quit asking us.

Really

Yah you are right only when your father or your family owns the forums then you can give orders and quit ! , you dont like the to post in go to hell
second its " Forums "
Old 12-09-2007, 10:13 AM
600hp
Instructor

take a test drive and you will adore the Z
Old 12-09-2007, 02:02 PM
stanklr
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

The GTR is a nice car But, My vote goes for the z06 Good luck & keep us updated
Old 12-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Oman_Supra
Instructor

thanks all, for the price & performance i think i will end up buying the Z06 , thanks for your all your posts
Old 12-09-2007, 03:31 PM
MyBeaches
Pro

GTR is 11.7 at 119mph
Z06 is 11.5 at 125mph. (motor trend actual test)

A GTR is much quicker out of the hole with better tires and AWD, but those trap speeds don't lie. That is a huge gap. The Z06 keeps pulling hard on the top end while the GTR will fade.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:33 PM
MyBeaches
Pro

You should also look in the 2008 Z06's with the 3LZ option. Much nicer interior package this year.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Vladcanada
Racer

different cars....Like I live in Canada, and i'd rather have GTR so I can drive it all year long... But I still like z06 if i had the money i'd get both... Its just I think GTR is in a different league... Its a super car for everyday driving... Z06 is supercar as a second fun/track car! I dont think you can compare them. different purpose build cars.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:01 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

GT what
Old 12-10-2007, 01:21 AM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Originally Posted by Vladcanada
different cars....Like I live in Canada, and i'd rather have GTR so I can drive it all year long... But I still like z06 if i had the money i'd get both... Its just I think GTR is in a different league... Its a super car for everyday driving... Z06 is supercar as a second fun/track car! I dont think you can compare them. different purpose build cars.

I was going to get the Z06 next year, but since i live in chicago and just for a change i am going to go with the GTR, different cars for different types of fun, i can see Z06 being a tad faster but GTR being leaps ahead in build quality and materials plus the added benefit of AWD..if i could i would get the GTR and Z06..
Old 12-10-2007, 05:38 AM
Wanderer Z06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by allegretto
Hey, fellas, what's it gonna take?

You want a Nissan? Go get one and stop the BS on the Z forum. Don't you guys ever stop?

Go over to the Skyline forum and ask such questions. Most guys here don't give a rat's behind.

You like a GT-R, go buy one and enjoy it. Quit coming over here every other day and asking about it. We all think it's "very nice", OK?

Get yourselves a life and quit asking us.

Really

Allegretto

You know I have been on this site for a while and I do respect and read a lot of your insite and comments on tracking your Z06 and your Porsches but there have been and still are MANY MANY posts that compare the Viper, Aston Martin, Mustang GT 500, Audi R8, MB's, BMW's, Ford GT, Ferrrari and Porsches to the Z06 and I'm sure that there will be many others in the future. Many of us enjoy these comparsions for whatever the reason ( perfromance, apperence, dollar value etc.)

The only people that seem to mind that much are the people that can't see beyond the Corvette brand or like to put down every other car that they don't own or drive.

I have seen many threads that you have gotten invloved with that talk about Porsches and you don't seem to have the same attitude. In fact up until this post you have been calling the GT-R a Datsun!! The name has been "Nissan" for quite some time now and I think you know that.

As I have stated I love my Z06 and would't think of trading it for anything right now but like yourself, I and many others on this site that own and enjoy other brands of cars that come from Japan, Italy, Germany, England etc and just like talking about them and how they compare to the Z06....esecially if someone is considering or has just purchased of one of these other brands. THERE IS NO HARM IN IT and there should be no problem with people talking about it on this site.

THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT THREADS AND POSTS ON ALL TYPES OF SUBJECTS REGARDING THE Z06, ,PERFORMACE PARTS, TRACK INFO, COMPARISIONS ETC. CHOOSE WHAT INTRESTS YOU AND CLICK ON AND JUMP IN WITH GOOD INFO OR COMMENTS ON THE SUBJECT......OR

IF THE POST DOESN'T INTEREST YOU OR IF YOU "DON'T GIVE A RATS A** " THEN MOVE ON AND FIND ONE THAT DOES!!! THAT IS WHAT I DO!! IT IS THAT SIMPLE. THE NEGITIVE COMMENTS ARE JUST WAISTED WORDS THAT FALL ON DEAF EARS OR JUST STARTS A BUNCH OF HEATED DEBATES.

No disrespect intended just my opinion and observation.

Hope to meet you and some of the other guys like "Short throw" someday when myself and AMS bring the GT-R we will be doing together and my Z06 to Autobahn.

Last edited by Wanderer Z06; 12-10-2007 at 05:55 AM.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:51 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

wow, i sure love these GTR threads..... there is a reason they are started here and that is because it's the competition... i like competition so bring it!!

Honestly, if i had a choice to pick between the new GTR and the Z06 all over again... it would be very though since I like all things that have tires under it! Now, with that said... i would probably pick the z06, and not because i already have an 08', but rather because:

1. Performance figures. You can search on here and see that the Z06 in stock trim is capable of LOW 11's and high 10's with stock, crappy EMT run-flats. The GTR's performance figures from motor trend are like BMW figures. That magazine endorses BMW even if it's the clear loser because of many reasons we all know.... so, with that, the GTR's true performance wouldn't be seen yet and I feel that your gonna have another M6/M5 with different body work when it comes to performance.

2. You cannot classify this car as a sports sedan as it is not. It's a sportscar with a 2+2 platform. Have you ever sat in the backseat of a M6 with an adult behind the wheel. Unless your a midget or a baby on a cramped/limited spaced babyseat, your not gonna want to be there for much time. If your a bunch of kids that want to joy ride and don't car if the drivers elbow smacks ya across the face when he/her shifts to second... than maybe there is some hope afterall!

and lastly... the GTR has two much techno-nannies to save your *** from ****ty times at the track for my liking. I like a car that allows me to grow and learn the vehicle. I like a car that has enough creature comforts for a smooth, comfortable ride to the track with a beverage available yet, not drive itself. If you know that you cannot shift worth a damn and/or drive off the line or learn the proper line around a track... than a car like this is what you need. Just point and shoot...

All in all, its a sweet car with awesome technology invested in it.... and the manufacture needs to make their money invested back to keep their name plate from changing again.... just hyped up performance figures and the BS ring video to sell a vehicle that will probably not live up to everyones expectations... even if they don't want to admit it.

It's your choice after all. I know it would be sweet to have both, but if i had a choice to pick just one, I would rather have the Z06 with tons of power left on the table with an "old-school SB" and RWD-leafspring suspension thats gets the job done right with a fun learning curve than a car that just does it for ya with all the technology in the world by your side... even if it's a 7 year old behind the wheel.

Last edited by obzidian; 12-10-2007 at 02:54 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:56 PM
fperra
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by obzidian

2. You cannot classify this car as a sports sedan as it is not. It's a sportscar with a 2+2 platform.
Maybe you can't classify it as a sports sedan, but you certainly can't classify it as a sports car unless you consider a Mustang a sports car. I don't.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:17 PM
tolnep
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

OP was not in the US. So i dont know what it will be like to get one there.

here. .my guess. for a year at least the real price will be closer to the bluedevil's msrp... 1500 only being imported a year to the us. regardless of how well it performs, it will cost a bunch more than an z06 for a while..

there's a gtr forum... i was a bit interested in this car when i heard it might sell for 57k.. but things have changed.. you should hear them pissin and moanin on the gtr forum about the expected 'market adjustment''...
Old 12-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Mercennarius
Advanced

Originally Posted by fperra
Maybe you can't classify it as a sports sedan, but you certainly can't classify it as a sports car unless you consider a Mustang a sports car. I don't.
The traditional layout for sports cars is a 2 seater coupe. But there are many sports cars that do have back seats....and no i'm not talking about mustangs.

Example, the Nissan 300ZX came in both 2 seat and 4 seat(2+2) configurations:
Old 12-10-2007, 11:03 PM
fperra
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, and the Nissan 300ZX 2+2 was in no way a sports car any more. For that matter, the 2 seat Nissan 300ZX was no longer a sports car.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:44 AM
Mercennarius
Advanced

Yes, and the Nissan 300ZX 2+2 was in no way a sports car any more. For that matter, the 2 seat Nissan 300ZX was no longer a sports car.
LOL how was the 300ZX not a sports car? It out performed most other sports cars in its day and had the traditional sports car layout (RWD/2 seats).
Old 12-11-2007, 01:18 AM
elanderholm
Instructor

08 viper?

Get notified of new replies

To Buy a GTR or Z06 !

Old 12-11-2007, 02:23 AM
obzidian
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '09

Actually, it was among the few import sportcars of its time that would hold its own with the at the time modern american made sportscars.

Twin turbo, RWD, two doors.... hmmmm, sounds like a sportscar to me!!

The point i was trying to make is that you cannot use the arguement about it having more realistic seating than a two seater like the vette since in reality, the backseat is so cramped that you would only fit a new-born and/or your burnout buddies that don't mind being conpressed to look cool in a 2+2 sports...w/e. Honestly, it's more or a marketing stragety than anything else and you are being sold on something that isn't very functionable, makes the car heavier, and well, can only be used as a storage area most of the time.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:25 AM
obzidian
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by elanderholm
08 viper?

I would rather have the GTR anyday over a viper.... seriously, not bashing on the car since its an awesome car.... but, well..... who cares anyways!
Old 12-11-2007, 04:45 PM
allegretto
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Oman_Supra
Yah you are right only when your father or your family owns the forums then you can give orders and quit ! , you dont like the to post in go to hell
second its " Forums "
Nice, well reasoned reply. I'll consider it.

Quick Reply: Buy a GTR or Z06 !