Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Why do vette owners dislike mustangs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 12:01 AM
10U 99
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

yesterday there wasn't a cloud in the sky so the wife and I decided to take the Vette out for the afternoon and get some Tex-Mex at a neighboring town. we were sitting on a side street waiting to make a right turn onto a very busy 5 lane hiway. here came a group of cars headed our way with a lime green, current body style mustang traveling much faster than the other cars. (I figure at least 60 in a 40) right in front of us it made an abrupt lane change from the fast lane to the curb lane to pass a toyota. he nails the gas, looses the rear end and hits the curb with his right rear wheel, knocking a chunk out of the curb. this was about 15 feet to the right of us. simultaneously my wife and I look at each other and say "aren't you impressed?" the mustang doesn't slow a bit and soon disappears. a couple of miles down the road at a car wash sat the mustang with the driver and his buddy kneeling to assess the damage. they looked to be some high dollar aftermarket wheels. these young men were no doubt devising a story to tell daddy.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:23 AM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Ol'55
Back at you...lol

Old 03-10-2008, 12:33 AM
TooMch
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There's just something about Mustang guys. I like some Mustangs but I like it better when I beat them!. That may not even be apoint with my vette now but when I used to beat them in my Grand Prix, that WAS something.

Like others have said, I've found some Mustang owners who are cool and just like cars. Others act like like jerks and that's why you like to shut them down. Now, I'll have to watch for the built F-bodies that want to take a vette down.

I just like cool fast cars but not the exotics as much. just one opinion.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:33 AM
bgreen83
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The new mustangs looks nice and all but there are just way way TOO MANY MUSTANGS. I cant drive 30 feet without seeing a mustang.
I think they look and sound awesome, just their bark is bigger than their bite
Old 03-10-2008, 12:36 AM
The California Kid
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not so much the Mustangs, its the OWNERS. It just seems like they think they are driving the most macho car on earth.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:37 AM
BowtieDiva70
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TheRadioFlyer
Ford has no REAL compeition for the Corvette and never really has. Mustang's closest GM counterpart are the F-bodies because:

a) they're both 4-seat 2-door cars
b) both can qualify as passenger cars for insurence purposes.
c) they're similar in price range

Ford's high performance car: the GT-40 is a suprcharged beast to be sure, but easily costs 2-3x more than a corvette.

Corvette drivers don't hate stangs, they hate it when Stang owners compare their car to a corvette.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:45 AM
sugarwolf
Pro

I use to own several 5.0L mustangs and i have had nothing but problems with them parts wise breaking. Everything is cheap in them and breaks. There awsome 1/4 mile cars thats it. Back end is so light you dont dare gas it around corners unless u want to be in the field.. Vette by far is the best all out street car but cost of parts is the only problem. I dont hate mustangs just hate all the owners. They think they are gods of the street in there RUSTANGS.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:49 AM
WildTurkey
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No HATE here...looks nice to me

Old 03-10-2008, 12:55 AM
clayton1
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im down with Mustangs, So longs they got a V8 in em'!!
Old 03-10-2008, 01:06 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Im on my third sn95 GT stang, howevever, as stated before, you are comparing a sports car to a muscle car(as of late, they have lacked the "muscle" part).

After spending time in a c5, its really no comparison. The corvette is a much better performance vehicle. I love the mod motor, as Ive owned three of them, but the 2v takes a lot of boost and a built motor to put down numbers in the LS...1,2,3, and 6 NA area.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:16 AM
moserbe
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

My choice is obviously Corvette with a C4 and C5 in the garage.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:43 AM
01Z516SPD
Instructor

the only good mustangs were the first years 65, 66. and those were built to challenge the vette in that era which they were quit capable of doing on the strip or track. after that ford messed up (as usual ) and the mustang got to big dumb and slow to even compete with a camaro let alone a vette. a 69 396 camaro could run circles around a 69 390 stang. but i still love the old mustangs though. have a 69 now, had a 65 coupe, sister has had 2, a 67 coupe, and 68 fastback. which reminds me of an old joke ( all the best mustangs have chevy motors )
Old 03-10-2008, 01:57 AM
2000lambovette
Drifting

Im with some of the others in here. I don`t dislike Mustangs it is MOST of the owners. They all seem to have something to prove and want to race everyone. I wont risk a ticket to prove to a truck or rice burner I have more than 150 HP. but some of these darn Mustangs wont quit till you leave em in the dust.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:58 AM
TraceZ
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 351 Likes on 188 Posts

After owning several V8 F-bodies I decided to buy a 1994 Mustang GT Convertible that a friend of mine had for sale. I loved the convertible top, but that was about it. It did not feel nearly as fast as the 2 LT1 Z28s I had owned in the past. I also didn't like the seating position or the feel of the suspension.

I sold it to my brother in law and bought another Z28, this time a 6-speed convertible that I still own.

Another friend of mine bought a brand new 2005 Roush stage 1 Mustang GT 5 speed. After driving that 300 hp car, I would not trade my 1994 Camaro for it. The Camaro is lightly modded making 300 hp to the rear wheels and would match the Stang. It's a convertible and it has an extra gear. It gets better gas mileage too. The ONLY thing I can say goes in the Stang's favor is the quality of the interior.
Do I dislike Mustangs? No. Will I ever own one again? No. They are just not my cup of tea.

Can a Mustang be compared to a Vette? No. They are in totally different classes. The Mustang compares to a Camaro and until GM starts making Camaros again it will go unchallenged in its class.

Base Mustang - Base Camaro
Mustang GT - Camaro Z28
Mustang Cobra - Camaro SS

Corvette is in a different class
Ford GT - Corvette - Viper
Old 03-10-2008, 02:02 AM
BATM4N
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have never owned a Mustang and never will. They don't do anything for me Especially since everyone and their grandmother seems to have one
Old 03-10-2008, 02:10 AM
unionlandlord
C5 General
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Boosted in Manhattan & Round Rock TX. President of the Non Club Club of Kansas and Round Rock , Not the flat part.

Im glad the Corvette never looked like this.

Paul G.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:37 AM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

We had all 3 in my family fox body stang, 4th gen camaro, and c5 vette. I know and go to groups with ppl of the stangs, camaros, and vettes. And ill tell you what there are ppl from each one that hate the other, there are camaro guys that hate vettes for christ sake. As far as im concerned Ill talk to any enthusiast about there car, wether it be a 50 year old guy drivin a 5series, or a 17 year old kid in a 6banger stang, if you love cars and modding and shooting the bs ur cool with me. But once u start talkin fwd hondas and coffee cans thats another story

Get notified of new replies

To Why do vette owners dislike mustangs?

Old 03-10-2008, 03:44 AM
Junkman2008
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the new fully loaded Mustangs are sweet. I'd own one.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:15 AM
4SFED Z
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I myself love the corvette and will always be bias. Between the two I will always have a corvette....but....I do like the 04 Cobras. Several of my friends own cobras and they are sweet. I always tell them I do not like mustangs, but I like Cobras. They tell me they love the Z06. I had a chance to drive my friends 720 HP cobra and it was...well you know...AWESOME We always get together and drive our cars in packs. Of course, there will be friendly competition and bs talk to one another.....but the truth of the matter is, its not so much the car people dont like, but the owners. I have had great experiences with both. I just dont like when people take a stock car and put a 5 ft. wing on it, body kit, etc. (you get the point) ... that goes for any car. NO GRUDGE HERE
Old 03-10-2008, 08:32 AM
SUNNYD 95
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish my vette sounded like a mustang