Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

C6Z vs GT2 vs ACR vs GTR

Old 06-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Zlicious
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think the GT2 has ever trapped at 130 in any magazine tests.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:41 AM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a link on Car and drivers Web site ?
Couldnt find it ...?
Old 06-23-2008, 10:54 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Zlicious
I don't think the GT2 has ever trapped at 130 in any magazine tests.
Actually you are right, I just googled the car and came up with four different articles. They all had the car trapping at 127-128mph. That is a big difference from 121mph though
Old 06-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Bigbucks
Pro

Originally Posted by Viper_Vette
Wow did you guys check out the new Car And Driver magazine? Check out the lap times. What really amazes me. Is that the Porsche GT2 and Viper ACR both sported the Michelin Pilot Cup tires. And the ACR was 4 seconds faster

With Sport Cups on the Z06, it'd probably come very close to the Viper's times. An R compound against the GY runflats is not a fair comparison of the car's capabilities. You've got to at least put the same class of tire on the cars.

In the AX's I participate in, a car with R compound tires (and only that change) is placed in the modified category with cars with lots of other mods to the motor, suspension, etc.

In a 45 second AX, the difference in my times solely due to tires (R compound Goodrich vs Bridgestone Pole Postion S03) is almost 3 seconds. It is all about the tires.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:49 PM
DarkKnight Z
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It proves what a bargain the Z06 really is. I think this is a win for the Z06 in a way. Runflat garbage tires and all against Porsche and Dodge's best and it's right up there. And as far as acceleration goes, I think it's clear that the Z06 is still one of the top dogs.

Why is the almighty and allpowerful GT-R so slow in this test? Also, the GT2 trapped very low. Strange, huh?
Old 06-23-2008, 01:15 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by DarkKnight Z
It proves what a bargain the Z06 really is. I think this is a win for the Z06 in a way. Runflat garbage tires and all against Porsche and Dodge's best and it's right up there. And as far as acceleration goes, I think it's clear that the Z06 is still one of the top dogs.

Why is the almighty and allpowerful GT-R so slow in this test? Also, the GT2 trapped very low. Strange, huh?
I am not one of the many GT R hater but now I am convinced the early cars were ringers. All the latest tests done with production cars have all trapped 114-116mph. That is a far stretch from the early 122-124mph traps seen in the hyping phase. Even an LS3 traps about 117mph.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:27 PM
LPFSTheFett
Pro

I still say that I would have liked to have seen the ZR1 be a lighter version of the current Z06 with 50-75 more NA HP. Put the same crazy breaks on the car and then add a nice coil over package among some other little things.

I think they could have gotten the car down 250#'s and added the 75hp for a pretty insane package. Sure it wouldn't have 640hp, but with the big reduction in weight the car's 1/4 mile numbers would be close to the same and the ZR1 would OWN on a road course.

However, in this war of HP, the ZR1 will clearly be the winner! Heck and I bet it traps 135+

Last edited by LPFSTheFett; 06-23-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:36 PM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any links ladies ? Please?
Old 06-23-2008, 03:33 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

cannot disagree with anything here, except for the ACR not being a track version of a standard viper. Sure, you can get it with optional A/C, but so can I add A/C to a stripped fox running tubs, 10.5 slicks, with a 3 stage or any other poweradder... hell, even on the same tire, its still considered a RACECAR. How manly must you proclaim to be to live in already crampt car as the viper, but now with even less refinement?

Also, how much more in weight does the ACR drop when compared to a standard viper? 40lbs?
Old 06-23-2008, 03:50 PM
LPFSTheFett
Pro

Originally Posted by obzidian
cannot disagree with anything here, except for the ACR not being a track version of a standard viper. Sure, you can get it with optional A/C, but so can I add A/C to a stripped fox running tubs, 10.5 slicks, with a 3 stage or any other poweradder... hell, even on the same tire, its still considered a RACECAR. How manly must you proclaim to be to live in already crampt car as the viper, but now with even less refinement?

Also, how much more in weight does the ACR drop when compared to a standard viper? 40lbs?
It's 100% a street car. I would agree with you, if you were talking about the hardcore package, that removes certain things(rear carpet, radio etc..). However, the ACR is your standard Viper with light weight breaks,light weight rims, and a stickier tire. (I did these same rims and PS2's on my 06 Viper Coupe and shaved 75#'s of rotating weight). Then they added the wing and front splitter to help the car on the track. The splitter can be removed for street use, however leaving it on, I'd venture to guess the cars ride height in front is still higher then my Z06.

The ACR is absolutely a street car and has all the same features of your standard Viper.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:53 PM
MyBeaches
Pro

The ACR is a pure track car - although its a REALLY good one. Maybe an occassional drive around town (and hope for no rain), but it would not be fun after awhile. Loud, cramped, bumpy, and really hot.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:44 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver05GTO
LMAO at the much hyped GTR managing only a 12.6@111 in that same test, btw it edged out the Z06 by .6 secs.

The Viper ACR really had an impressive showing, i think it's sorta like the anti-GTR. In the way the ACR hasn't recieved nearly the same type of coverage the GTR has but it came into this test walking quietly but carrying a big stick.

Z06 folk shouldn't take this loss to the Viper badly though, the ACR is a strictly track version of the Viper, imagine if Corvette took the Z06 and made it a more lean track car (no sound proofing, no power anything, lightweight seats, no HUD, more agressive suspension, better tires, etc)

I agree about the ACR being in the shadows compared to the GTR's promotion and endless threads here on this forum. I've actually been waiting for the "GTR Machine" and its endless legions to challenge the ACR as it did the Z06. I do have to ask that according to the stats posted, the ACR's top speed is limited to 180. Is this because the aero bits on the car? Not that I'm complaining about that, who cares when you've got all that torque to pull you out of the corners and there won't be too many straights to stretch out that far more than likely.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:01 PM
CORVETTEZL1001
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

The ACR is the "Baddest" Viper ever. Its just starting to show just how incredibly fast it is around a road course. I predict it walks on a ZR1 around a road course too.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:12 PM
eddiehaskell
Advanced

SH** TARD

The GTR only trapped 111 mph????

A friggin '97 'Vette might give it trouble on the highway.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:46 PM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Originally Posted by Silver05GTO
LMAO at the much hyped GTR managing only a 12.6@111 in that same test, btw it edged out the Z06 by .6 secs.

The Viper ACR really had an impressive showing, i think it's sorta like the anti-GTR. In the way the ACR hasn't recieved nearly the same type of coverage the GTR has but it came into this test walking quietly but carrying a big stick.

Z06 folk shouldn't take this loss to the Viper badly though, the ACR is a strictly track version of the Viper, imagine if Corvette took the Z06 and made it a more lean track car (no sound proofing, no power anything, lightweight seats, no HUD, more agressive suspension, better tires, etc)
Did you know they didnt use the LC and they didnt remove the limiter!!'

that alone will shave atleast .6-.8 sec off the time of the quater and raise the trap by atleast 8-10mph

No one said that the GT-R is a drag racer, but it surely knows how to turn for being 3800+lb and 473hp compare it to the Z06 and you will see how bad *** the car is for the track..
Old 06-23-2008, 05:47 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by eddiehaskell
SH** TARD

lol What did stock c5's trap ?? Like 109 ?
Old 06-23-2008, 05:50 PM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Originally Posted by eddiehaskell
SH** TARD

do some research, see my response above..

Get notified of new replies

To C6Z vs GT2 vs ACR vs GTR

Old 06-23-2008, 05:58 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by KILR-RYD
Did you know they didnt use the LC and they didnt remove the limiter!!'

that alone will shave atleast .6-.8 sec off the time of the quater and raise the trap by atleast 8-10mph

No one said that the GT-R is a drag racer, but it surely knows how to turn for being 3800+lb and 473hp compare it to the Z06 and you will see how bad *** the car is for the track..
you are joking right? No said it's a drag car? Hell, a Z06 isn't a drag car either... but that sure as hell doesn't stop ppl splattering 3.3sec 60mph times and quarter mile times achieved by underdriving mag-drivers.

sounds like excuses to me.

It got beat, and i wager, we'll see more of this. I know you want one or are getting one, you stated prior, but, your comments are baised to say the least.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:18 PM
McMung
Burning Brakes

Uhhh... soooo... is this the same configuration where the GT-R went FIVE SECONDS faster than the C6Z in the Road & Track test?

What happened to that...

LOL.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:23 PM
TAILWAG
Melting Slicks

cna someone post the missing figures for the GT2 and GT-R? It would be interesting to see them too...

And Mung...the test you are referring to was with Grandma's driving the Z06 and 911...I think they were blinfolded too...LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6Z vs GT2 vs ACR vs GTR