Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

C6Z vs GT2 vs ACR vs GTR

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 06:25 PM
TAILWAG
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by obzidian
you are joking right? No said it's a drag car? Hell, a Z06 isn't a drag car either... but that sure as hell doesn't stop ppl splattering 3.3sec 60mph times and quarter mile times achieved by underdriving mag-drivers.

sounds like excuses to me.

It got beat, and i wager, we'll see more of this. I know you want one or are getting one, you stated prior, but, your comments are baised to say the least.
I agree...

I have one coming in December...but the figures they had posted seemed completely unrealitic based on power/weight ratio....these however, seemed to be more in line with the facts.

I still will get one as it would still make a heck of a winter car...
Old 06-23-2008, 06:34 PM
McMung
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TAILWAG
cna someone post the missing figures for the GT2 and GT-R? It would be interesting to see them too...

And Mung...the test you are referring to was with Grandma's driving the Z06 and 911...I think they were blinfolded too...LOL
Nah but the GT-R is 5 seconds SLOWER in this test... was it the same configuration? Even if not, it's still buttonwillow and the GT-R goes from being "5 seconds faster per lap than the C6Z" to being "0.6 seconds faster"... Really raises even more suspicion over R&T's "test".. if that's even possible.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:07 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by McMung
Nah but the GT-R is 5 seconds SLOWER in this test... was it the same configuration? Even if not, it's still buttonwillow and the GT-R goes from being "5 seconds faster per lap than the C6Z" to being "0.6 seconds faster"... Really raises even more suspicion over R&T's "test".. if that's even possible.
"...and the truth shall set you free!!!!"

Again, i think as time passes, we'll see more of the true GTR, not the overly hyped GT-R or the modded ones that were sent for testing... hell, its a prosche competetor, why shouldn't it be baised in the mags like prosche and BMW are. Any else notice how those two never loose...

"true sportcar feel" ring a bell?
Old 06-23-2008, 07:51 PM
linutux
Pro

Originally Posted by KILR-RYD
Did you know they didnt use the LC and they didnt remove the limiter!!'...
I thought the US Spec GTRs would not be speed limited?
Old 06-23-2008, 07:56 PM
fiveodude
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by linutux
I thought the US Spec GTRs would not be speed limited?
I think you're able to turn off the limiting stuff in race mode. The GT-R numbers sound low. I think C&D goofed.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:49 PM
McMung
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fiveodude
The GT-R numbers sound low. I think C&D goofed.
Really? Or is this closer to what most sane people thought a 480HP/3900lb 4wd car would do in a straight line?
Old 06-23-2008, 09:04 PM
fiveodude
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really? Or is this closer to what most sane people thought a 480HP/3900lb 4wd car would do in a straight line?

Even at that weight and HP, it should be in the 116MPH range.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Viscerl
Burning Brakes

Did you know they didnt use the LC and they didnt remove the limiter!!'
No one said that the GT-R is a drag racer, ...
Which way do you want it? The GT-R is a drag car (i.e. has a feature called "Launch Control"), or it isnt?

Yeah, of course they didnt remove the limiter. The car came with the limiter. They didnt "remove" the crappy runflats on the Z06 either. The Z06 came with the crappy run-flats.

Hats off to the GT2 and the ACR though... those are some seriously f*()ing fast cars, and I wouldnt mind owning either of them. I'm no fan of the Volkswagen Beetle, but that GT2 is a damn sexy car.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:57 PM
eddiehaskell
Advanced

do some research, see my response above..
Check the 0-60.

GTR = 4.1
Z06 = 3.8

The GTR was 3 tenths behind at 60mph and as other test have shown, it gets murdered after 60.

In this test, no limiter = low-mid 12s.

In C&D's last test, the GTR ran 3.6 0-60 and finished the 1/4 in 12.1.

Last edited by eddiehaskell; 06-23-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:45 PM
eddiehaskell
Advanced

Did anyone notice that under "the lows" for the GTR they said "not pretty."

However, in the final scoring, under exterior styling, the GTR got a 7 and the Z06 got a 6.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:52 PM
C5 Frank
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by eddiehaskell
Did anyone notice that under "the lows" for the GTR they said "not pretty."

However, in the final scoring, under exterior styling, the GTR got a 7 and the Z06 got a 6.
All these mags are nuts like that. It's like the last test between the new M3, GTR and the 911 tt... and they give the nod to the M3, the slowest car by a wide margin!! It won only 1 performance category. I thought that was pretty funny!!
Old 06-24-2008, 12:50 AM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by C5 Frank
All these mags are nuts like that. It's like the last test between the new M3, GTR and the 911 tt... and they give the nod to the M3, the slowest car by a wide margin!! It won only 1 performance category. I thought that was pretty funny!!
My point exactly... the m3 got his *** handed to him... murdered!!!

Yet it won... why, because its a BMW in a car and driver review... that's it!

Personally, i see a GTR in the same league as a m5/m6 E55/63. Fast saloons/coupes... but nothing that a stock z06 cannot rip to shreds!
Old 06-24-2008, 01:02 AM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

you are joking right? No said it's a drag car? Hell, a Z06 isn't a drag car either... but that sure as hell doesn't stop ppl splattering 3.3sec 60mph times and quarter mile times achieved by underdriving mag-drivers.

sounds like excuses to me.

It got beat, and i wager, we'll see more of this. I know you want one or are getting one, you stated prior, but, your comments are baised to say the least.
yeah thats coming form a Z06 owner(biased), there is nothing that can be done to explain anything to people like you..
Old 06-24-2008, 01:04 AM
IRS-Cop
Racer

And of course the GT-R gets spanked in the review yet wins enough subjective categories to take 1st place!....lol
Old 06-24-2008, 01:06 AM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Uhhh... soooo... is this the same configuration where the GT-R went FIVE SECONDS faster than the C6Z in the Road & Track test?

What happened to that...

LOL.
dang even then it was faster than the Z06, what gives? people on this board said, it isnt possible, pigs cant fly, well tell this to some *** engg and you will have your pigs that can fly..
Old 06-24-2008, 01:10 AM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

My point exactly... the m3 got his *** handed to him... murdered!!!

Yet it won... why, because its a BMW in a car and driver review... that's it!

Personally, i see a GTR in the same league as a m5/m6 E55/63. Fast saloons/coupes... but nothing that a stock z06 cannot rip to shreds!
in straighline ofcourse, no Q, but on a track with changed tires on Z06, it will match or surpass the Z06..

that was the point of this car not a pure straightline speed car..
Old 06-24-2008, 01:17 AM
eddiehaskell
Advanced

Considering the 7:29 'Ring time, I thought it was a world beater.

Get notified of new replies

To C6Z vs GT2 vs ACR vs GTR

Old 06-24-2008, 04:20 AM
capn37
Pro

For those wondering about the ZR1's tires, they are Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's. BUT they are PS2 ZP's. ZP means zero pressure AKA run flats. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

As for the article, I find it ridiculous that the title on the cover of the magazine is "The Ultimate Track Test" but then the car that finishes 1st by a wide margin (ACR) gets placed 3rd in the results. Its interesting, from what I recall the scoring rubric does not even assign points for the lap time. Instead they feature scores for Build Quality, Fit and Finish, Interior Design, Got to Have it Factor, Fun to Drive etc etc. I dont recall those elements of a track car being all that important.

They really had to convolute the process to make a winner out of the GTR. And thats not to say its a bad car. Its just not the best track car that the article title seems to imply it should be.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:54 AM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by capn37
For those wondering about the ZR1's tires, they are Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's. BUT they are PS2 ZP's. ZP means zero pressure AKA run flats. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

As for the article, I find it ridiculous that the title on the cover of the magazine is "The Ultimate Track Test" but then the car that finishes 1st by a wide margin (ACR) gets placed 3rd in the results. Its interesting, from what I recall the scoring rubric does not even assign points for the lap time. Instead they feature scores for Build Quality, Fit and Finish, Interior Design, Got to Have it Factor, Fun to Drive etc etc. I dont recall those elements of a track car being all that important.

They really had to convolute the process to make a winner out of the GTR. And thats not to say its a bad car. Its just not the best track car that the article title seems to imply it should be.
For this reason and other times that they have had these stupid tests only to award the prize to the obvious cash cow, I have concluded that these magazines are a waste of my money. "The Ulitmate Track Test" and yet they award 1st place to the car that didn't win tells me it is more about selling subscriptions than the pursuit of telling the truth. Imagine that, tell the truth so that maybe your readers might get the facts. My subscriptions are going to be cancelled due to biased crap like this. Shoot, they could have entered a BMW SUV and found a way to make it the winner. American Muscle doesn't stand a chance of getting a fair deal with these guys.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:21 AM
Wanderer Z06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by fiveodude
I think you're able to turn off the limiting stuff in race mode. The GT-R numbers sound low. I think C&D goofed.
There is something wrong with those numbers as far as top speed and qtr mile times on that car. The car must have a limiter on it or it could be one of the test mules that Nissan sent over.

The USpec car has no limiter on it! 193mph top speed. qtr mile times should be in around 11:8 @ 120mph average using launch control mode. Some cars may be a bit faster and some a bit slower depending on track conditions and weather etc as it would with most cars.

This is a Performance shop in the USA that is already testing the GT-R. They bought a JSpec ( Japan ) car and keeps updates on their tests and products. They will have modifications ready when the US cars arrives.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/ Click on project cars and follow GT-R

This was taken from there webb.

"As for the Mapping that is being tested our maps with follow the same generally rules as with most our other AccessPORT supported vehicles. The setup for the maps will more then likely change as we rap up our beta testing but here is general break down of the tunes that we are currently working on.

Stock Style tune: This will be a stock tune with the only change being that the speed limiter will be removed.

Stage1 = Stock vehicles with a cat-back exhaust system.

Stage2 = Vehicles with high follow cats or test pipes.

So the limiter is on any JSpec car or Test mule that Nissan sent over and no USpec cars are on the roads as of yet. They are in port as I have a delivery date for mine. July 11th so I will post up my opinion of at least how it stacks up against my Z06. Unfortunately my Z will not be anywhere near stock. But I have enough seat time in my Z06 that I think it won't be that difficult to give a honest un baised opinion from an owner of both cars.

BTW I got this off their site. It is only a short vid or an event that will be in the September issue of Modified Mag I guess it is some kind of import shootout that covers many different events. They won't release numbers before the issue comes out but they seem very pleased with the results.

http://forums.cobbtuning.com/videos/...erShootout.mov

I for one have been on the fence as far as the performance numbers goes but after talking with a couple of performance shops that have been testing the car I'm pretty sure the car is for real. Hey I'll let you know when I get mine. If it is not up to my expectations I'll sell it! There are 2 on ebay motors for over 100k so I should have no problem getting my money back.

JMHO

Last edited by Wanderer Z06; 06-24-2008 at 07:49 AM.

Quick Reply: C6Z vs GT2 vs ACR vs GTR