Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Dodge Viper in top 10 cars for holding value

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 04:50 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Default Dodge Viper in top 10 cars for holding value

According to bankrate.com The Dodge Viper is in the top 10, cars for holding their resale value, its the only sports car in the whole topic, I'm not suprised but I thought that it was interesting, that a "gass guzzling", "uncorfotable" bla bla bla car was rated so high.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:15 PM
PeterK
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12
2012 Election Contest Winner

Not very of them made and half of them are already totaled.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:24 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Its also listed as #1 in most expensive to fix.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:13 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 02MillenniumVette
Its also listed as #1 in most expensive to fix.
That is why I bought an extended warranty on mine , and #1 on most expensive to fix?, Over lambos Ferraris, etc.... sorry what fictional article did you see that in, its either that or you just made it up.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:15 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by PeterK
Not very of them made and half of them are already totaled.
Yep, when I was looking for mine tons of them with salvage titles, Mine has a couple a scratches, thats it
Old 08-30-2008, 08:43 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
That is why I bought an extended warranty on mine , and #1 on most expensive to fix?, Over lambos Ferraris, etc.... sorry what fictional article did you see that in, its either that or you just made it up.
Same website you got your info. from. Why dont you look at more articles on there than just that one!

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/aut..._repair_a1.asp

And FYI, I agree with you that its There are a lot of other cars out there that have a higher maintenace than Vipers.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

vehicles that best hold their resale value (according to Forbesautos):
• Mini Cooper
• Honda Accord
• Toyota Avalon
• Porsche 911 Carrera
• Acura TL
• Mercedes-Benz CL-Class
• Honda Odyssey
• Land Rover Ranger Rover Sport
• Toyota Sequoia
• Toyota Tundra

Source: ForbesAutos.com

...and according to Automotive Lease Guide:
Infiniti G37 Coupe sport 63%
2. Jeep Wrangler Sahara (2-door) 62%
3. BMW 3 Series 328i convertible 61%
4. Toyota Tacoma Double-cab PreRunner V-6 61%
5. Porsche 911 Carrera coupe 60%
6. Honda Civic Si sedan 60%
7. Mini Cooper S convertible 60%
8. Ford Mustang GT Premium coupe 60%
9. Honda CR-V EX 60%
10. Subaru Impreza 2.5i sedan 59%
*Listed style had the highest residual value for that model.

Source: Automotive Lease Guide.

...and of course, Kelly Blue Book:

The folks over at Kelley Blue Book have announced the ten vehicles they predict will have the best resale value over the next five years in each category. Not surprisingly, the Corvette Z06 makes the list for "high performance vehicle" as there's no high privilege charge attached to buying a new one. They predict you should be able to get 50% of what you paid back in five years on the Vette. The full list below the jump:

High Performance: Chevrolet Corvette - 50% Sedan: Honda Civic - 52% Coupe: Infiniti G37 Coupe - 52% Convertible: Mini Cooper Convertible - 50% Wagon: Scion xB- 52% Hatchback: Scion tC - 52% Luxury: BMW 6-Series - 50% Pickup: Toyota Tundra - 41% SUV: Acura MDX - 49% Minivan: Honda Odyssey - 39% Hybrid: Honda Civic Hybrid - 45%

[KBB via CNN Money]

Last edited by Dave68; 08-30-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:49 AM
GroundPounder
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave68
• Mini Cooper
• Honda Accord
• Toyota Avalon
• Porsche 911 Carrera
• Acura TL
• Mercedes-Benz CL-Class
• Honda Odyssey
• Toyota Sequoia
• Toyota Tundra
sure about that ? That's a good news as my Tundra's value went down toilet with rising oil price. I thought I had to take it to grave with me
Old 08-31-2008, 05:29 PM
Dave68
Race Director

You'll notice that all of these vehicles have been on the market for 5 years or more (even if there are newer generations). If this weren't the case, you would also see the Prius on the list; it holds its value very well. I see used ones going for just slightly less than new ones. The same is true for the RX400h, although its been out for only 3.5 years now. Another couple are the Mazda 3 and Toyota Corolla. All mentioned have seen sales increase since gas prices have skyrocketed.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:07 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

• Mini Cooper
• Honda Accord
• Toyota Avalon
• Porsche 911 Carrera
• Acura TL
• Mercedes-Benz CL-Class
• Honda Odyssey
• Toyota Sequoia
• Toyota Tundra

Source: ForbesAutos.com

...and according to Automotive Lease Guide:
Infiniti G37 Coupe sport 63%
2. Jeep Wrangler Sahara (2-door) 62%
3. BMW 3 Series 328i convertible 61%
4. Toyota Tacoma Double-cab PreRunner V-6 61%
5. Porsche 911 Carrera coupe 60%
6. Honda Civic Si sedan 60%
7. Mini Cooper S convertible 60%
8. Ford Mustang GT Premium coupe 60%
9. Honda CR-V EX 60%
10. Subaru Impreza 2.5i sedan 59%
*Listed style had the highest residual value for that model.

Source: Automotive Lease Guide.

...and of course, Kelly Blue Book:

The folks over at Kelley Blue Book have announced the ten vehicles they predict will have the best resale value over the next five years in each category. Not surprisingly, the Corvette Z06 makes the list for "high performance vehicle" as there's no high privilege charge attached to buying a new one. They predict you should be able to get 50% of what you paid back in five years on the Vette. The full list below the jump:

High Performance: Chevrolet Corvette - 50% Sedan: Honda Civic - 52% Coupe: Infiniti G37 Coupe - 52% Convertible: Mini Cooper Convertible - 50% Wagon: Scion xB- 52% Hatchback: Scion tC - 52% Luxury: BMW 6-Series - 50% Pickup: Toyota Tundra - 41% SUV: Acura MDX - 49% Minivan: Honda Odyssey - 39% Hybrid: Honda Civic Hybrid - 45%

[KBB via CNN Money]
2 year Z06's lost over 30% of their value already, no modern day vette hold its value, sorry, Ive had four of them 12 year old Vipers value are in the same ballpark as a 2 year old corvette. Also the kelly bluebook on sports cars means crap. Can you ever stay out of a Viper related topic?
Old 08-31-2008, 08:57 PM
OKsweetrides
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Still doesn't beat a MKIV Supra Turbo... especially stock ones, and 98's more so.

Ohh... we're talking NEW cars lol.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:40 PM
Dave68
Race Director

I guess if I post this in a Porsche forum:

[KBB via CNN Money]

I will receive a bunch of congratulations...........

Really, what do you expect in a Corvette Forum?
Old 08-31-2008, 10:44 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 02MillenniumVette
Same website you got your info. from. Why dont you look at more articles on there than just that one!

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/aut..._repair_a1.asp

And FYI, I agree with you that its There are a lot of other cars out there that have a higher maintenace than Vipers.
LOL...

BMW's have 4 yr maint included... Wonder what maint is $6,018 from the 4th to 5th year.

I'm assuming they are adding up if it didn't include maint but still, what the heck does that car need?
Old 09-02-2008, 01:12 PM
jdub
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 year Z06's lost over 30% of their value already, no modern day vette hold its value, sorry, Ive had four of them 12 year old Vipers value are in the same ballpark as a 2 year old corvette. Also the kelly bluebook on sports cars means crap. Can you ever stay out of a Viper related topic?
You must love coming on this forum and starting trouble....I think it is funny and I love Corvette and Vipers debate!
Old 09-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Mike Culpepper
Advanced

12 year old Vipers value are in the same ballpark as a 2 year old corvette. Also the kelly bluebook on sports cars means crap. Can you ever stay out of a Viper related topic?

1996 Viper base price: $66,000.
2006 Corvette base price: $47,000.

Asking price for 2 year old base Corvette: about $37,000.

Based on your supposition:
Viper loses $29,000 in value.
Corvette loses $10,000 in value.
Which loss is bigger? Percentage wise or dollar wise?

Can you post on the Corvette Forum without bragging how great Vipers are?
Old 09-02-2008, 03:46 PM
FaSSt67
Instructor

I find it very amusing as well. be carefull, though, the Viper guys will start calling us Corvette guys idiots (for not liking Vipers) and then the next thing we know, we're all banned for a week. If I did the same thing on a Viper forum, not only would I get roasted, but the moderators would ban only me, being an outsider after all!
Not really, your the only "idiot" i can think of that posts in this section and its not cause you dont like vipers, its cause your posts are some of the dumbest stuff I have ever read. Ive also never been banned for any amount of time, have you?
Old 09-02-2008, 08:42 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Mike Culpepper
12 year old Vipers value are in the same ballpark as a 2 year old corvette. Also the kelly bluebook on sports cars means crap. Can you ever stay out of a Viper related topic?

1996 Viper base price: $66,000.
2006 Corvette base price: $47,000.

Asking price for 2 year old base Corvette: about $37,000.

Based on your supposition:
Viper loses $29,000 in value.
Corvette loses $10,000 in value.
Which loss is bigger? Percentage wise or dollar wise?

Can you post on the Corvette Forum without bragging how great Vipers are?
Can you look at my sig and pictures(have had only one Viper and the rest ALL Corvettes, my screen name is the vanity plate off my 2001 Z06(which I just sold last spring, and it wasnt for the Viper, I owned both until I got rid of the Vette) Also this is the OTHER CAR section, so I can say what I want, I have been here as a Corvette owner since this website started, you are a newbe to me. You need not instruct me on Viper Values, I searched the Nation for the Viper I wanted last summer Clean titled, not hit , low mileage 96 Viper GTS's average mid to high 40's, very low mileage are still in the 50's. I wasnt even talking about base corvettes, you can get 2006 C6 Z06's for uper 40's to low 50's. Your whole post is clueless, less than 2000 Vipers made /year 40k+ Corvettes, d0esnt take a brain surgeon to figure that one out

Get notified of new replies

To Dodge Viper in top 10 cars for holding value

Old 09-02-2008, 11:32 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Default i suspect

According to bankrate.com The Dodge Viper is in the top 10, cars for holding their resale value, its the only sports car in the whole topic, I'm not suprised but I thought that it was interesting, that a "gass guzzling", "uncorfotable" bla bla bla car was rated so high.
some are seeing them more and more as very valuable collector cars with the speculation that viper is ending....
Old 09-03-2008, 02:41 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jdub
You must love coming on this forum and starting trouble....I think it is funny and I love Corvette and Vipers debate!
I just love to see people who are brand loyal to corvette , bashing the Viper from reading magazines articles. Most who bash have never even sat it one. I was lucky enough to own one of each at the same time. They are two different cars, they way they accelerate handle and feel cannot be compared, you dont know until you own one. You can feel every grove in the road on my ACR, the driver to car input in so in tune, you feel everything, its definately not for anybody who his older, or is scared to push any car, the corvette has safety features, so, Viper doesnt. I like the raw feeling of it, reminds me of my C4 Vette, but just a hell of allot faster, I liked the 01 Z06 and made it into a brute, it lost some drivabilty after I modded it , it was comfortable, but you still had the driver car connection, the C6Z06 while being very fast, was just to numb, when I go over railroad tracks, I want to feel them., but thats just me.

Last edited by NytmereZ; 09-03-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:50 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by wickedness
By the looks of it. I dont think Dave68 has even driven a C6z06
I dont think he's driven a C5 Z06

Quick Reply: Dodge Viper in top 10 cars for holding value