Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Old LS1 guy buys a GT-R

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 08:51 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Nice write and best of luck with such a fine vehicle.

Looking forward to seeing them out on the street too.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:37 AM
DT
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forwarded your writeup and blog to several motorsports friends of mine and they thoroughly enjoyed it! (or her, whatever ). When you come from having actually owning/owned domestics and are still able to appreciate another vehicle it gives your opinion much more credibility.

One buddy of mine even went the other way - had a 350Z, then TT'ed it, then had a GT-R purchase on deck, but the markups are still just killer, so he wound up with a Z06 because of price (talking almost a $30K delta )

Originally Posted by Adam Bruce
I think feeling young is what any good car does regardless of performance :-)

Drove a Mini Cooper Convertible S the other day and it was a total hoot to drive. Very fun car.
I agree 1000%. In fact, I just purchase a mint, 2007 S2K for the weekend and some track fun. Torque-less? Sure! Off-the-chart fun regardless? Absolutely!!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Carl88Vette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend had a GT-R ordered through Grubbs and had the contract signed, etc. Then Nissan jacked the MSRP and the dealer would no longer honor the original price even though Nissan says the dealers need too. So she got fed up and I don't blame her with Nissan and found a slightly used 06 Dodge Viper for a heck of a deal!

Quick Reply: Old LS1 guy buys a GT-R