Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Porsche acccuses Nissan of cheating

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 11:26 PM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heavychevy
You must not be keeping up with the fact that Cobb took lots of weight out of their GT-R. It was 3500 lbs a long time ago, maybe less by the time this test took place.

= 5.8 lbs per hp

Did you also see the part that said STOCK Viper and Z06 (Z06 on crappy runflats no less).

vs

MODDED GT-R on R-Comps with weight reduction and suspension mods?????
Did you not see the real test Short-Throw and WandererZ06 gave us. If you dont buy that(and I have ridden with mike, he is an awesome driver)then no one can help you. It clearly can be superior stock for stock.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

What do the lap times have to do with what we are talking about?

The link you posted said 426 hp not 444.

I havent seen the Evo test, but like I've already said dottinger is a TURN so it depends on the drivers input at that stage, and a lift can easily cost you the 7mph they got, which I would expect considering a 8 seconds faster lap. I imagine Jan Magnussen was faster than Horst in that are too. What's the point??

A TT car that's much slower at lower altitudes does not suddenly become faster than cars that are capable of 7-12+ mph trap speeds more and weighing 400-1000 lbs less.
I mention lap times because your whole contention is that the 'Ring is some kind of litmus test of purely hp/wt and that the GT-R's placement on the results board doesn't make any sense. And what's the basis of your argument?: 3-4 vids on a straight with different drivers, different conditions. I bring up the C&D lap results because here the GT-R is clearly not "boosted up." It wasn't better than the GT2 in the brake test, so where does it make up all this time on cars that flat blow it out of the water in a straight line? If not in the corners...

The link I posted said 444 lb-ft. I wasn't talking about hp. Did you not read my part about torque multiplication going in favor of the GT-R at altitude? Here, slow down and read it again:
Motor Trend's GT-R showed an avg of 425 lb-ft (and a high of 439). C&D's two tested GT-R's showed 410-415.
Here's a customer car delivering 444:
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=24995
In any event, the point is that at the Nurburgring's altitude, the GT-R could very well have the torque advantage.

My point is that the videos don't necessarily show the ZR1 or Zonda at their best. The Evo test confirms that, in the case of the Zonda. And you accept that Magnussen could be faster there than HvS. Ie, the driver DOES matter? No need to ask what my point is, you've just confirmed it.

Again, do not be so obtuse as to disregard the other factors I mentioned. If you think driver committment at the 'Ring is irrelevent, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:08 AM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You must not be keeping up with the fact that Cobb took lots of weight out of their GT-R. It was 3500 lbs a long time ago, maybe less by the time this test took place.

= 5.8 lbs per hp

Did you also see the part that said STOCK Viper and Z06 (Z06 on crappy runflats no less).

vs

MODDED GT-R on R-Comps with weight reduction and suspension mods?????
And maybe not. The spec sheet clearly showed 3600 lbs, and if you want to guess they took more weight out of the GT-R, then go ahead and say they took more weight out of the other car. Even at 5.8 lbs/hp, the TechArt is still better at 5.4 lbs/hp. Yet it's slower in a straight line than the GT-R, even though its engine is in a better position for a strong launch.

Please, don't bring up tires into this. It's all about power/wt, remember??

BTW, Hubinette knows a thing or two about driving Vipers to (and beyond) the limit. I doubt he has as much experience with the new GT-R.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Carl88Vette
Advanced

I am still surprised myself the mods haven't gotten rid of him and he has been the main person in this topic since the start causing problems but they got rid of everyone else. Explain that one.

Originally Posted by Wanderer Z06
Sorry but you my friend need to get a life!

Do you spend every waking minute of the day trying to dig up dirt on the GT-R. Did you make this your life's career? Your full time job?

You also don't know WTF your talking about most of the time and always quoting from mags.

I can see it now he lives at his moms in the basement and he's on disability. He has nothing better to do with his time. Lives on the keyboard! He has also been kicked off of so many sites for Trolling I can't even begin to tell how many. He has gone so far to bash on the GT-R ( for right now ) he has had some of his cohorts Like " Monaro Country " come over and post for him on other forums that have banned him.

I won't even respond to your posts anymore except to expose you for what you are! A Troll member on this site that has gotten away with it for some time now.

Do you know how many members ( the good ones ) on this site that make fun of you and your buddies....you wouldn't believe how many even if I told you. I can't name names but just know there are a lot more than you can imagine especially in the Z06 section. I have to say sometimes I get embarrassed for you, but it doesn't matter how many times people tell you to lighten up. You just don't get it and keep on going on and on like you don't hear them at all. It amazes all of us and you are the subject of many a good laugh when we talk on the phone or all meet up at the track or other Corvette events. Hey you have become a legend!! Not a good one but a legend at least.

Hey heres a little video with your beloved Porsche vs a GT-R yeah there both modded and your gonna say the P car needed better tires, But just so you know the pro drivers that have driven mine have all said the same thing the stock GT-R tires ( Bridgestones ) are only a little better than the stock GY RF's on the Z06 on a track and would like to see a better tire under the GT-R...they are expert drivers not like yourself and I hold their opinon over yours by a long shot any day of the week.

http://www.torque.tv/?player=TorqueT......&ids=243453

I like the 997 guys comments before the race kind of sounds like you. Cocky!

Some have been having a hard time seeing this with firefox so here's another way to go the video.

http://www.torque.tv/?player=TorqueT......t=2&ids=869

The video is in the left hand selection under 'on air'. Scroll down to the 'Head2Head: Cobb GTR Vs. Techart 997 GT Street'.

Thats it I'm done with you...now go back to your ranting.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:47 AM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Guibo
I mention lap times because your whole contention is that the 'Ring is some kind of litmus test of purely hp/wt and that the GT-R's placement on the results board doesn't make any sense. And what's the basis of your argument?: 3-4 vids on a straight with different drivers, different conditions. I bring up the C&D lap results because here the GT-R is clearly not "boosted up." It wasn't better than the GT2 in the brake test, so where does it make up all this time on cars that flat blow it out of the water in a straight line? If not in the corners...

The link I posted said 444 lb-ft. I wasn't talking about hp. Did you not read my part about torque multiplication going in favor of the GT-R at altitude? Here, slow down and read it again:
Motor Trend's GT-R showed an avg of 425 lb-ft (and a high of 439). C&D's two tested GT-R's showed 410-415.
Here's a customer car delivering 444:
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=24995
In any event, the point is that at the Nurburgring's altitude, the GT-R could very well have the torque advantage.

My point is that the videos don't necessarily show the ZR1 or Zonda at their best. The Evo test confirms that, in the case of the Zonda. And you accept that Magnussen could be faster there than HvS. Ie, the driver DOES matter? No need to ask what my point is, you've just confirmed it.

Again, do not be so obtuse as to disregard the other factors I mentioned. If you think driver committment at the 'Ring is irrelevent, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.
I am not saying that weight/power is the only thing, in fact I made my case clear, that in cars with equal cornering ability, as is what we see in the ring video, the cars with better weight/power ratio should be able to pull away from the others on the straight portions of the track. Never once have I dwelled on the lap times in general.

Is the C&D GT-R the same car that ran the ring??? NO, so how can you make any assessment based as such? Notwithstanding that the GT2 beat the GT-R anyways.

Consider this as well. The ACR beat the GT-R by 7 seconds at the ring.

Well it also beat the GT-R by 7 seconds at VIR, and 6 seconds at Buttonwillow with the same driver. That is not proportionate to it's ring time by any means.

Why do you insist on using a spot thats more or less pointless to the overall picture of the acceleration used on that straight? I've told you three times already that the difference in speed at dottinger is totally dependant on the drivers confidence in the speed with which he can make that turn. Horst is not usually the fastest guy in any car, so when the cars are tested by the manufacturer with a test driver, the speeds are going to increase almost everywhere. How hard is that to understand.

The Zonda at that elevation is only down ~ 3-4 mph and only back .5-.9 based on the adjusted elevation from the first sign to the last. The GT-R is down as well, so there is no chance whatsoever that the torque multiplication factor is in favor of the GT-R. It would take 3 times as much elevation to give the GT-R the advantage. Especially considering weight hasnt even been factored in yet. Not to mention the ZR-1 is FI too, so how does it get a torque advantage there?????
Old 10-15-2008, 09:51 AM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Carl88Vette
I am still surprised myself the mods haven't gotten rid of him and he has been the main person in this topic since the start causing problems but they got rid of everyone else. Explain that one.

I havent done anything to be gotten rid of, and I am a long time member here. I should expect for you to wish I'd get banned since you cant provide a decent counterpoint. Just like wanderer trying to make everything personal. This is about the details, you are the troll on this site, not me.

Guibo:

Going back to your C&D test, they tested at ~3000 ft.

The GT2 and ACR beat the GT-R from 100-150 by 5 seconds and the Z06 by 7. Do you know how far that is in such a short period of time?? The ZR-1 and Zonda are faster than all of them due to the DF on the ACR and better weight/power ratios and gearing than the Z06 and GT2.

There is NO pull of more than a fraction of a second on any part of that back straight. In fact, halfway down, the GT-R had passed all of the other cars.

There is no torque advantage there. The GT-R gets raped in acceleration and nearly all of the raping comes after 90mph which is where this battle took place.

Last edited by heavychevy; 10-15-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:36 AM
Carl88Vette
Advanced

Neither did anyone else. But you continue to argue and attack other members on this site and YOU get away with it. They didn't and they did nothing really wrong.

I don't waste my time with someone like yourself. Sadly, I am not a troll. Been here for 5 years. My other account doesn't work anymore.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Rez90
Burning Brakes

Girls.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:46 AM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Carl88Vette
Neither did anyone else. But you continue to argue and attack other members on this site and YOU get away with it. They didn't and they did nothing really wrong.

I don't waste my time with someone like yourself. Sadly, I am not a troll. Been here for 5 years. My other account doesn't work anymore.
I'm not attacking anyone, only posting information, but am certainly being attacked. Please point out where I've attacked a PERSON in this thread. Thank you.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:32 AM
IrishMac
Moderator Emeritus

Gone, but not Forgotten
Cruise-In 5, 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Closed for cleaning.

Quick Reply: Porsche acccuses Nissan of cheating