Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

I test drove an 09 CTS-V today...............

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 01:32 AM
Wanderer Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5
Here's a couple that I have:

That Diamond white is Gorgeous and I'd like to get one in that color, but I'd be afraid to drive it because touch ups from rock chips would be tough! The solution is to wrap the car in 3M paint protection, but that could get pricey!

White looks awesome as well

I would have to put some different wheels on the white car maybe a set of deep dish 360 forged mesh 8's Matte blk centers with chrome or polished lip and then black out the grill.

BTW I had the entire front, side rockers, front pillars and gas cap of my Ivory Pearl GT-R wrapped in XPEL 3m and it looks great can't see any lines. It can be pricey though. Mine was about $1,700.00 but when your spending $60k + for the CTS-V it's worth it. I made a bad mistake not doing my 07 Blk Z06 when I first got it and the stone chips are numerous and I swore I'd never buy a car without putting protection on it again.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:33 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Wanderer Z06
White looks awesome as well

I would have to put some different wheels on the white car maybe a set of deep dish 360 forged mesh 8's Matte blk centers with chrome or polished lip and then black out the grill.

BTW I had the entire front, side rockers, front pillars and gas cap of my Ivory Pearl GT-R wrapped in XPEL 3m and it looks great can't see any lines. It can be pricey though. Mine was about $1,700.00 but when your spending $60k + for the CTS-V it's worth it. I made a bad mistake not doing my 07 Blk Z06 when I first got it and the stone chips are numerous and I swore I'd never buy a car without putting protection on it again.

I actually like the white one as is........Now, I've seen a black one that was murdered out and it was Beautiful!

I do agree that if you're spending that much for a car, you might as well protect it! I was just saying that it's not cheap (you know that better than I do because you bought some)!

I know a Guy that has an 07 C6 Z06 and had the same things done as you did and it cost him $550 around here (which going by how much you paid, sounds like he got one heck of a deal)!

It was pretty cool because the Guy had a cutter that he just programmed in the type of car and the machine cut the 3M product to fit. He just has to install it. He did a Nice job too! I guess that's easier than trying to stock the pre-cut stuff!
Old 01-27-2009, 04:08 PM
NXTFAZE
Melting Slicks

Received 258 Likes on 76 Posts

I had a 2004 600 rwhp CTS-V before I got my C6.... and I miss that car at times. I WILL have one of these A.) when I pay off the C6 and B.) after the V gets depreciated. Just wait 2-3 years and they will be half of what they were brand new..... the hard part is waiting 2-3 years...lol!
Old 01-27-2009, 04:13 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by nextphasemarko
I had a 2004 600 rwhp CTS-V before I got my C6.... and I miss that car at times. I WILL have one of these A.) when I pay off the C6 and B.) after the V gets depreciated. Just wait 2-3 years and they will be half of what they were brand new..... the hard part is waiting 2-3 years...lol!
You've got that right!
Old 01-28-2009, 12:45 AM
Wanderer Z06
Melting Slicks

Couple of dealers over on the Caddy forums are selling them at about $6-7k of MSRP so it won't be long before we see some nice deals on them.

I really want to get rid of my SSTB and get the V.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:53 AM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Wanderer Z06
Couple of dealers over on the Caddy forums are selling them at about $6-7k of MSRP so it won't be long before we see some nice deals on them.

I really want to get rid of my SSTB and get the V.
The TBSS's are Really Nice!

I had a better deal than that, but couldn't pull the trigger because of depreciation flash backs!

If using GMS pricing (Thanks Dave ), I'd have gotten almost $8k off of MSRP!

I almost kick myself now, but then it'll be that much sweeter when I get one in the forties! I have to keep telling myself that Patience is a virtue!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Wanderer Z06
Melting Slicks

The TBSS's are Really Nice!

I had a better deal than that, but couldn't pull the trigger because of depreciation flash backs!

If using GMS pricing (Thanks Dave ), I'd have gotten almost $8k off of MSRP!

I almost kick myself now, but then it'll be that much sweeter when I get one in the forties! I have to keep telling myself that Patience is a virtue!

I know what you mean I have little patience when I want something badly....not always a good thing.

That would have been a good deal...$8k off!

I'm going to take a serious look at one this spring...if it every stops snowing around here

Old 01-29-2009, 09:20 PM
BoostManiac
Team Owner

Location: Deplorable 160 Proof Olde Anglo-Saxon in Atlanta, GA
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I definitely want a nice black CTS-V. The powertrain you get for the price, especially when used, is unbelievable!

I just can't bear loading up on new debt in the current environment though, even though there are deals to be had.....
Old 01-31-2009, 12:54 PM
shawn h.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a couple that I have:

That Diamond white is Gorgeous and I'd like to get one in that color, but I'd be afraid to drive it because touch ups from rock chips would be tough! The solution is to wrap the car in 3M paint protection, but that could get pricey!

The Pearl White looks very nice!! A Pure White would look even better IMO, but I don't think they offer them in that color.

Side note: IMO, the car would benefit with a more flushed look, it seems to sit too high.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:00 PM
Wanderer Z06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by shawn h.
The Pearl White looks very nice!! A Pure White would look even better IMO, but I don't think they offer them in that color.

Side note: IMO, the car would benefit with a more flushed look, it seems to sit too high.

I think the angle of the shot makes it look like it is sitting higher than it really is when you see the car in person. I also agree on the color. I like it but I think I would have to go with BLK on the CTS -V.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:08 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Is this what you mean?

Old 01-31-2009, 04:26 PM
a1231212
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MVR 155
The new V is sex on wheels
Old 01-31-2009, 04:44 PM
vvv90
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Is this what you mean?

I'm usually not a fan of white whatsoever, but I can tell even by that picture that it's got that pearl sheen to it and I give it two thumbs up!

My coworker has a Acura that's like that and it looks very luxurious.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:50 PM
danboback
Melting Slicks

best lookin sedan ever...
Old 01-31-2009, 08:26 PM
LowFlight
Team Owner

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

I just got back from driving one myself......

The interior is above and beyond anything I have seen from GM ever.

Performance= My God

Looks though....I did not care for in person vs pics. I am going to pass and go for a CPO BMW M5
Old 02-01-2009, 02:02 AM
shawn h.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this what you mean?

It looks a little slammed, but it's much better!!
Old 02-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Vettes R Awesome
Advanced

Originally Posted by LowFlight
I just got back from driving one myself......

The interior is above and beyond anything I have seen from GM ever.

Performance= My God

Looks though....I did not care for in person vs pics. I am going to pass and go for a CPO BMW M5
So you didn't like it in person as much as in pics? Too bad. Here in Europe you only see a CTS once in a big while, but good god does it look great. Sadly, GM or whoever, has decides we need WHITE taillights instead of the normal red here in Europe, making the Escalade, STS and CTS look awkward from the back.

Sad to see you are opting for a M5, this is one of the biggest bets in getting conquests from euro-brands. The best performance sedan in the world is the CTS-V

Get notified of new replies

To I test drove an 09 CTS-V today...............

Old 02-01-2009, 11:11 AM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

It looks a little slammed, but it's much better!!
I did that for effect. If a little slammed is good, then more is better. At least as far as the pictures go. In real, they aren't that high and in my opinion, are just the right height to be functional, yet Cool looking!

I wouldn't want (or have) a car that low because the roads around here would tear it up!

Originally Posted by Vettes R Awesome
So you didn't like it in person as much as in pics? Too bad. Here in Europe you only see a CTS once in a big while, but good god does it look great. Sadly, GM or whoever, has decides we need WHITE taillights instead of the normal red here in Europe, making the Escalade, STS and CTS look awkward from the back.

Sad to see you are opting for a M5, this is one of the biggest bets in getting conquests from euro-brands. The best performance sedan in the world is the CTS-V
...........Especially for the money!

That M5 will see the tail lights of a Vee, but I will admit that they are Sweet cars that perform well. They lack torque though and unless you're revving the motr to 7000+ rpm, you're not getting all that you can out of that car! I'll take the Vee with 500 ft./lbs of torque @ 3000 rpm, but that's just me!

Please don't even get me started on Maintainence costs for a German car! Just trying to prepare you!

Good Luck!
Old 02-01-2009, 12:46 PM
sp330
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree with you all this is an absolutely fantastic sedan. Ideally I'd have one and a ZO6. But I recently bought a daily driver (2008 Accord). Plus I don't know how I'd justify to my wife a DD that gets 12-15 mpg
Old 02-01-2009, 12:49 PM
nmerhaut
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

I had been told that GMS wasn't available on the new CTS-V. One of my partners just got one and qualified for GMS but only got $500 off a $66k car.
My wife and I were fortunate to have driven the car at Monticello Motor Club in Nov. when Cadillac invited a few hundred there for a weekend of test drives. Fantastic car!

Quick Reply: I test drove an 09 CTS-V today...............